Considong....

Fair play MT, and to be honest I was a vocal critic also so apologies Andy. He's performing brilliantly at the moment.

I've been pretty vocal about him also. I don't think he's good enough for where we want to be but he has been performing well lately (when I've seen him).

I still think we'll kick on and improve when Shinnie signs. Consi's final ball isn't great.

I've been pretty vocal about him also. I don't think he's good enough for where we want to be but he has been performing well lately (when I've seen him).

I still think we'll kick on and improve when Shinnie signs. Consi's final ball isn't great.

Agreed.

But for an "industrial" centre half playing left back, he's doing well

Agreed.

But for an "industrial" centre half playing left back, he's doing well

My main problem with Considine is a don't think he's a great header of the ball. He'll win plenty in the air but I don't think he has a clue where it's going afterwards. Take that missed sitter on Saturday for example. He put it the only place where the keeper could save it. It was probably harder to aim it there!

A good point of having him there is he doesn't have the legs to overlap and he knows this. Logan will get up and down, Consi will normally get as far as the right back and find a team mate in space. It limits our attacking options on that side but at least he's not wasting the ball too often.

My main problem with Considine is a don't think he's a great header of the ball. He'll win plenty in the air but I don't think he has a clue where it's going afterwards. Take that missed sitter on Saturday for example. He put it the only place where the keeper could save it. It was probably harder to aim it there!

A good point of having him there is he doesn't have the legs to overlap and he knows this. Logan will get up and down, Consi will normally get as far as the right back and find a team mate in space. It limits our attacking options on that side but at least he's not wasting the ball too often.

to be fair though he has either Hayes or McGinn in front of him. Faced with trying yourself or gi9ving it to one of those to have a run what would you do?

I dont think he's growing into the LB position MT. I think he's just finally growing as a footballer in general. His control has vastly improved as has his touch and passing. He's got a bit more in his locker than your average Scottish prem defender these days...

• 2 weeks later...

PROS

Possibly the best tackler at the club

Good in the air

Reasonable passing

CONS

Severe lack of pace

Lack of practice at centre back

Those two cons really making it very difficult together with Reynolds also being a left pegger to pick him at centre half.

Been really impressed with some of his left back performances this season and genuinely see him as a better option at left back than at centre back.

Playing left back with Reynolds and Hayes beside him gets the best out of him. Looking exposed tonight

To be fair to Andy, I think it's more Reynolds that's been poor the last two games. We conceded 3 last week before Taylor went off remember, and Considine was playing left back.

Andy was superb when playing alongside Anderson, and then after we bought Reynolds and he was asked to play as a full back, he immediately struggled for consistency, even though I saw a decent full back within him.

Reynolds is looking shakey this season if I'm honest.... I think he's gone off the boil after what was his best season of his career last season.

Is Anderson finished?

It's one game where he's had to go back into centre half after finally looking very comfortable at left back.

The problem is not considine, it's the fact we had to change the entire system to accommodate one injury. I'd have been happier to see shaugnessy at CB tonight with considine out of left back. This would have allowed Hayes to remain in midfield meaning one change to our system which has worked so well this season

Yea Joe should have been in there. Strange one though as everyone knew the team McInnes would go with

I think that's mciness's biggest flaw, he's predctable. Even the subs are predictable unless there's an injury. It's not a big criticism though as he's been great for aberdeen fc and long may the good times continue with him at the helm.

It's a set back tonight which we can rectify

Of course we can rectify it.

The first 11 games we got 19 points. If we get 19 points in the third 11 games we'll be well adrift of Celtix

The second 11 games we got 28 points. If we get 28 points in the third 11 games we'll most probably win the league

Will we actually rectify it is another thing. Would be good to see Celtic dropping a couple of points soon to get us excited again

PROS

Possibly the best tackler at the club

Good in the air

Reasonable passing

CONS

Severe lack of pace

Lack of practice at centre back

Those two cons really making it very difficult together with Reynolds also being a left pegger to pick him at centre half.

Been really impressed with some of his left back performances this season and genuinely see him as a better option at left back than at centre back.

Playing left back with Reynolds and Hayes beside him gets the best out of him. Looking exposed tonight

Explain? You're not good in the air if you've no idea where the ball is going to go once you've put your head on it.

Agree with some that it was Reynolds more than Considine who looked shaky tonight. Didn't think he played particularly well last week either. To be expected though, given he's been pretty much immense for around 90% of his Dons career so far.

Would very much welcome a right footed centre half being signed on loan this week to allow Considine to go back to left back and Hayes to return to the middle from the off in place of Flood.

It's always going to be awkward playing 2 left footers in the centre back positions.

We've known about Considines lack of pace for years. He runs like his hip joints are seized.

Reynolds never helped him yesterday though. His form is tailing off slightly.

These things happen and hopefully he can recover. He missed Taylor alongside him.

As vda pointed out. McInnes was predictable yesterday with his selection. Moving Hayes to left back in place of Considine was the wrong move.

Shug should have came in and leave the engine room unchanged.

It's always going to be awkward playing 2 left footers in the centre back positions.

We've known about Considines lack of pace for years. He runs like his hip joints are seized.

Reynolds never helped him yesterday though. His form is tailing off slightly.

These things happen and hopefully he can recover. He missed Taylor alongside him.

As vda pointed out. McInnes was predictable yesterday with his selection. Moving Hayes to left back in place of Considine was the wrong move.

Shug should have came in and leave the engine room unchanged.

I was saying to my bro on the way down that we had to have as little disruption and positional changes as possible. I would have thrown Scott McKenna straight in