Considong....

Flood is good player for us at times.

Yesterday wasn't one of those times.

Pawlett should also be given a boot in the arse however. He has been poor on too many occasions for us this season.

Agree re Pawlett, he's very lucky that McInnes has so much faith in him despite some pretty rank displays.

It's always going to be awkward playing 2 left footers in the centre back positions.

We've known about Considines lack of pace for years. He runs like his hip joints are seized.

Reynolds never helped him yesterday though. His form is tailing off slightly.

These things happen and hopefully he can recover. He missed Taylor alongside him.

As vda pointed out. McInnes was predictable yesterday with his selection. Moving Hayes to left back in place of Considine was the wrong move.

Shug should have came in and leave the engine room unchanged.

Why does it have to be though? Surely it's no different to having two right-footers which i'm sure many teams across the UK have.

Watched the highlights back to try and see where everybody is coming from regarding Consi and I noticed he was partially at fault at the throw-in early on and also for the goal, however, I do feel somebody should have put more of an effort to close down the cross. Reynolds had a bad game though, and was fortunate not to give away a penalty or even potentially get sent off. He seems to give away needless fouls when he's not having a great time of it.

Why does it have to be though? Surely it's no different to having two right-footers which i'm sure many teams across the UK have.

Watched the highlights back to try and see where everybody is coming from regarding Consi and I noticed he was partially at fault at the throw-in early on and also for the goal, however, I do feel somebody should have put more of an effort to close down the cross. Reynolds had a bad game though, and was fortunate not to give away a penalty or even potentially get sent off. He seems to give away needless fouls when he's not having a great time of it.

Hayes badly at fault for their goal in my opinion. Not sure who it was who put in the cross for St Johnstone, but Hayes was refusing to listen to Reynolds shout to go out to him as he thought he was meant to be sticking to Croft, who was actually Reynolds' man. Boy had all the time in the world to put the cross in and Hayes just stood and remonstrated with Reynolds that he was looking after Croft when he should have been out to prevent the cross ever coming in.

Hayes badly at fault for their goal in my opinion. Not sure who it was who put in the cross for St Johnstone, but Hayes was refusing to listen to Reynolds shout to go out to him as he thought he was meant to be sticking to Croft, who was actually Reynolds' man. Boy had all the time in the world to put the cross in and Hayes just stood and remonstrated with Reynolds that he was looking after Croft when he should have been out to prevent the cross ever coming in.

Miller or Croft from memory, will need to see it again though.

• 4 weeks later...

What a performance from the man yesterday. One foul aside, I can't remember anyone taking him on. Won pretty much everything in the air and managed to get himself a cheeky goal.

Shay should have finished his chance from Considine's cross, what a ball that was. If that had been EPL you'd have saw about 5 replays of it.

I've probably been his harshest critic on here this season but I don't think he's ever played as well as he did today. More of the same next game please!

• Upvote 6

What a performance from the man yesterday. One foul aside, I can't remember anyone taking him on. Won pretty much everything in the air and managed to get himself a cheeky goal.

Shay should have finished his chance from Considine's cross, what a ball that was. If that had been EPL you'd have saw about 5 replays of it.

I've probably been his harshest critic on here this season but I don't think he's ever played as well as he did today. More of the same next game please!

Great ball for McGinn for the 3rd as well. I like him, honest, hard working and puts in a shift in every game. That and he actually is half decent, unlike the honest, hard working Mackie!

MOTM for me, but McGinn did get 2 assists and a goal so hard to disagree with that.

Considine was brilliant yesterday, he has generally been excellent this season at left back. Shinnie is a brilliant signing but might have to play midfield if Andy keeps playing like this.

No, no, no.

We have agreed to sign the best left back in Scotland. Let's play him there. Considine would be great back up for left back and adequate cover for the middle.

No, no, no.

We have agreed to sign the best left back in Scotland. Let's play him there. Considine would be great back up for left back and adequate cover for the middle.

So even though he's had probably his best season in a dons shirt you'd drop him next season to the bench and use him as back up for Shinnie/Reynolds?

Its going to be a good problem for McInnes to have... Thats hoping Jack signs up for another couple of seasons of course. If he turns down a contract then I can see Shinnie playing the holding midfield role and Considong keeping his left back slot, one he's slowly but surely making his own this season.

So even though he's had probably his best season in a dons shirt you'd drop him next season to the bench and use him as back up for Shinnie/Reynolds?

Its going to be a good problem for McInnes to have... Thats hoping Jack signs up for another couple of seasons of course. If he turns down a contract then I can see Shinnie playing the holding midfield role and Considong keeping his left back slot, one he's slowly but surely making his own this season.

I'd give him a fair go of it in pre season but I can't see him out performing Shinnie. He's still a liability against pace.

Why don't we just wait and see what the squad is when they go back for pre-season in June.

FWIW Shinnie will start as first pick left back when everyone is fit. Things don't always work out like that for instance Jonny Hayes planned to use at left back more than he has but McInnes found that Consi was more reliable at the back than the deputys for Hayes further forward so things evolve like that.

Guest milne_afc

Considine was immense yesterday

has really added to his first touch and his crossing

He's always been pretty good at crossing, it was his lack of ability at getting into a good position to cross from that used to let him down.

He once laid on a great ball ball for Lee Miller to score a header at Falkirk when we were shite.

He's always been pretty good at crossing, it was his lack of ability at getting into a good position to cross from that used to let him down.

He once laid on a great ball ball for Lee Miller to score a header at Falkirk when we were shite.

Spot on there bud. It was an excellent bounce.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=4960&season=2008-09&squad=Senior

Think folk are getting their judgment clouded by a couple of headers and a goal.

Considine was posted missing a couple of times yesterday. Jason Scotland should have buried that chance at 2-0 when he completely left Considine in his wake.

You mean Reynolds?

Considine had pushed forward when Hamilton took posession. It was Reynolds who left Scotland to go and close down Crawford thus leaving Scotland in space.

Think folk are getting their judgment clouded by a couple of headers and a goal.

Considine was posted missing a couple of times yesterday. Jason Scotland should have buried that chance at 2-0 when he completely left Considine in his wake.

I was looking at that earlier, you could argue that was Reynolds' fault? He drifts out of position to cover Crawford with the ball, who both Jack (I think?) and Daniels are closer to, leaving Scotland free in the middle. I'm not convinced Ali Crawford needed a third player to attend to him. He still had a lot to do and if Reynolds is in position then he doesn't have the option of playing a ball into the middle.

I was looking at that earlier, you could argue that was Reynolds' fault? He drifts out of position to cover Crawford with the ball, who both Jack (I think?) and Daniels are closer to, leaving Scotland free in the middle. I'm not convinced Ali Crawford needed a third player to attend to him. He still had a lot to do and if Reynolds is in position then he doesn't have the option of playing a ball into the middle.

You mean Reynolds?

Considine had pushed forward when Hamilton took posession. It was Reynolds who left Scotland to go and close down Crawford thus leaving Scotland in space.

Absolutely.

Thought we looked a lot more vulnerable down Logan's side than Considines yesterday.

Considines use of the ball was a lot better than Logans as well, in my opinion.

I dont think anyone saying we've got the best LB in the league with him but he's playing well and doing the job asked of him.

Thought we looked a lot more vulnerable down Logan's side than Considines yesterday.

Considines use of the ball was a lot better than Logans as well, in my opinion.

I dont think anyone saying we've got the best LB in the league with him but he's playing well and doing the job asked of him.

Especially in the first half. Crawford was giving Logan a run for it.

I'm pretty sure I never just dreamt it but this season I think I saw him chuck in a couple of lollipops before skinning a player.

The Andy of old never had that in his locker.

Lollipops, massive nudger, goals?

I'm now a big fan of the Dong(that's a bold statement in itself) and will contribute to his future via testimonial.

Logan is still my favourite player. He just looks a little bit more rock n roll.

If Prince is your thing, sure.