Alcohol At The Football

Increased CCTV and other uses of identifying people, plus tougher sentences and the risk of losing your job all probably had more of an effect on reducing trouble at the fitba rather than booze. If someones going to get tanked up and cause trouble they're going to do it with or without a couple of extra pints in the ground. 

I take your point about technology identifying troublemakers and reducing the odds of trouble brewing at games, but I am still wary about any effort to lift the booze ban. To be honest I have not heard too many complaints from the fans about it and I have the feeling that this is being driven by the profit motive rather than any great concern about the needs of the punters. We will see.

I take your point about technology identifying troublemakers and reducing the odds of trouble brewing at games, but I am still wary about any effort to lift the booze ban. To be honest I have not heard too many complaints from the fans about it and I have the feeling that this is being driven by the profit motive rather than any great concern about the needs of the punters. We will see.

I'd imagine it won't be permitted anyway. The police and possibly even the SFA themselves will not want to allow alcohol at games because they know that OF games would be an absolute powder keg.

And if its not going to be permitted for the OF then it won't be permitted for anyone else.

As always, decisions will be made based on the OF and not the wider game.

I'd imagine it won't be permitted anyway. The police and possibly even the SFA themselves will not want to allow alcohol at games because they know that OF games would be an absolute powder keg.

And if its not going to be permitted for the OF then it won't be permitted for anyone else.

As always, decisions will be made based on the OF and not the wider game.

There’s no way you should be allowed to take carry outs into a game but I’m not sure what the problem with having a bar in the stand is.

They do it everywhere else, open pre match and half time, shut the rest of the game.

Can just be policed like any bar as in if you’re too pished you don’t get served and it’s not like there aren’t plenty stewards and coppers going about to chuck someone out.

Actually think it might be better as you see folk nailing 3 aftershocks in the pub before the game as they know they won’t get a beer till 5 o’clock, hit the fresh air and 10 minutes later they are absolutely fucked.

Why does it have to be uncivilised, it isn't now ? You are coming at this from a football spectator cannot be trusted. I don't share your bleak view.

You are acting like people aren't drinking and are stone cold sober as it is.

Rather that than a scalding hot drink if I'm honest...

There is very little respect for the game as a whole, especially in this country.

The suits will say it's because of the fans & their background & the fans will say it's for loads of reasons.

Truth is there is zero respect from top to bottom of Scottish football (from spectators POV & from the powers that be)

I hate rugby but I respect a lot about it compared to the disgrace that is football in Scotland.

Rugby has a governing body that for the most part seems to operate fairly & sensibly & with zero corruption 'it appears' at least.

Far more professional referees with far less controversial calls & as a result a far better respect from all.From players, spectators, pundits/media etc. players that aren't blatantly cheating all the time to sway shit refs

Use of VAR & other technologies to aid in fairness

A HUGELY better focus & dedication to the game at youth levels. Especially financially.

All of the above & many more things are many of the reasons for lack of anger, bitterness, frustrations etc. that helps rugby be able to sell drink at games.

Scottish football should take a serious look at how Scottish rugby operates because there are a shit load of great things that could & should be adopted in football in this country. It won't happen though because that would make it harder for the corrupt cunts in football in Scotland to line their pockets & load the dice. & YES without any fkn shadow of a doubt, the majority of the corruption in the game in Scotland has been brought about & fueled by those cunting arse cheek wanks & all that follow their putrid way of life.

• Upvote 1

Interesting that they are looking to trial this at euro 2020 where Glasgow is the only host city out of 12 that is not allowed Alcohol

Looks to me like after euro 2020 is over there will be no Alcohol again

The trial seems like an excuse to hide the bias against normal week to week Scottish fans

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The whole drinking at Murrayfield thing is actually pretty crap. Takes forever to get served, the beer/cider options are pretty limited, and as someone else has pointed out it gets served up either at room temperature or cold enough to freeze the inside of your head. 

The fact that there is a discrepancy between football and rugby is annoying (what's good enough for one should be good enough for the other, and if there is to be a ban then it should cover all sporting stadium events), but I don't really miss it at the football and am rarely tempted to take advantage of it at the rugby. 

The whole drinking at Murrayfield thing is actually pretty crap. Takes forever to get served, the beer/cider options are pretty limited, and as someone else has pointed out it gets served up either at room temperature or cold enough to freeze the inside of your head.

The fact that there is a discrepancy between football and rugby is annoying (what's good enough for one should be good enough for the other, and if there is to be a ban then it should cover all sporting stadium events), but I don't really miss it at the football and am rarely tempted to take advantage of it at the rugby.

Agree to a certain extent but it would be a good revenue stream for the club and clubs in general.

Bars on the lower concourse of the Dick Donald (not for much longer) Team of the Decade on a big screen etc would build up the atmosphere

Sure most folk would rather do that than have a pint on Union Street and get a taxi down for kick off

As usual the Old Firm fucked it up for everyone and there’s no way they will ever change the law now.

Would folk really head to pittodrie to have a beer or would they just keep going to the same pub they always do?  I've been to the beer festivals at the dick donald and it's nae the greatest place to sit and have a pint. In fact it's pretty shit TBH.

On match days by the time you get served you pint at half time you'd need to down it pretty quick to get back for the second half. It wouldn't really be a sociable pint would it.  Its only 90 mins without a beer. I'm sure 99% of folk can handle that.  :beer:

Interesting that they are looking to trial this at euro 2020 where Glasgow is the only host city out of 12 that is not allowed Alcohol

Looks to me like after euro 2020 is over there will be no Alcohol again

The trial seems like an excuse to hide the bias against normal week to week Scottish fans

Is the Correct answer.

End of thread really.