Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

Guest milne_afc

Edinburgh is a much more appealing place to live and work(or commute). Dons need to pay a premium for central belters to move north or accept they’ll drive to training on a 2 day week.

3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

I think the club should be taking some responsibility regardless of the manager position to sign the best players available at the lowest cost. 

Surely offering Findlay/Campbell and one other a pre contract is going to make the new managers job easier because the squad will be stronger than currently?

If 12 go and we are replacing with 8 the manager would still be able to hand pick 5/6 players of his choice if we sign a few on pre contracts as a club.

Aye, fair point.

Campbell will go to England though, for a lot more than we can afford. 

31 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Findlay would be an improvement on what we have. He's only 25 too. We should be trying to sign him. 

Questions have to be asked how both Edinburgh sides can afford to spend the way they are and we appear to be massively struggling. Makes no sense.

Aberdeen make a huge amount of sales on corporate for every home game is my basic guess. We are probably suffering worse than most 

There's still nothing in the Retard regarding Hearts' supposed interest in Findlay. Nor even in the Edinburgh Evening News.

Still surprised that nobody has snapped him, Gallagher (now must be within a game or so of triggering his automatic year extension at M'well should he want it) and Campbell up on pre-contracts.

Actually find it bizarre that Scott Wright was more in demand than all 3 of them......2 of whom are full Scottish internationals

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe it’s a sign we’ll be changing manager & don’t want to commit to players the new man doesn’t want?

Or maybe we have made offers & we’re skint & can’t offer enough.

One thing is certain, it’ll be the highest turnover of players for a good while in the summer. Is it 14 out of contract including the loanees?

You’d assume about 12 of the 14 will go, and even if we run with a smaller squad, you’d expect at least 8 new players in? 

Worrying thing about all that is that the likes of Taylor & other shite will be given extensions just to ease the numbers of replacements required.

We tend to do things the lazy way & our scouts are fkn brutally shite & not to be trusted with such a massive overhaul 

17 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Worrying thing about all that is that the likes of Taylor & other shite will be given extensions just to ease the numbers of replacements required.

We tend to do things the lazy way & our scouts are fkn brutally shite & not to be trusted with such a massive overhaul 

Surely doesn't take scout of the year to find better than that lump of fucking wood

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aberdeen make a huge amount of sales on corporate for every home game is my basic guess. We are probably suffering worse than most 

Irrespective, we've sold three players for a total of over 5 million this season and released 8 players this January in order to reduce our wages. Hernandez will eventually be sold for 800k, probably in the summer.

Hearts lost over 9 million alone due to relegation and yet have brought in GMS (rumoured to be on 4.5k a week), spent 200k on one player this January among others and are now offering to make Allan Campbell their highest paid player at the club along with Stuart Findlay. At the start of the season, they paid Stendel and Craig Levein off and it was reported they paid a significant compensation package to Dundee Utd for Robbie Neilson. Aaron Hickey only went for 1.7 million. This a club that is also still paying for a Main Stand (the toilets don't even work and has a roof top view that looks directly into Tynecastle High School).

Hibs were pleading poverty at the start of the season, threatening to close down their youth Academy and then went onto spend 600k in total on two players. This January they've turned down two decent bids for Nisbett and Porteous (they haven't sold a single player during this entire pandemic), signed Jackson Irvine and Cadden both of whom will be on very decent wages along with a goalie from Arsenal who they paid a nominal fee for. 

Apart The Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, every club in Scotland has been forthcoming in their struggles during this pandemic. The Dundee Utd chairmen even publicly announced his preference to end the season in order to survive. Only St Mirren have claimed to be unaffected financially by this pandemic. 

I don't believe for a moment that the Edinburgh clubs can afford to do this and that they are financially better off then us. My thought is that Cormack and the board are being extremely cautious and smart whereas the Edinburgh clubs are taking a HUGE gamble in an attempt to get themselves ahead of us after nearly a decade of being in our shadow. This January Hibs have certainly strengthened and its hard to say yet if we have. I think its a question to posed towards Cormack at the Q and A. 

9 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Irrespective, we've sold three players for a total of over 5 million this season and released 8 players this January in order to reduce our wages. Hernandez will eventually be sold for 800k, probably in the summer.

Hearts lost over 9 million alone due to relegation and yet have brought in GMS (rumoured to be on 4.5k a week), spent 200k on one player this January among others and are now offering to make Allan Campbell their highest paid player at the club along with Stuart Findlay. At the start of the season, they paid Stendel and Craig Levein off and it was reported they paid a significant compensation package to Dundee Utd for Robbie Neilson. Aaron Hickey only went for 1.7 million. This a club that is also still paying for a Main Stand (the toilets don't even work and has a roof top view that looks directly into Tynecastle High School).

Hibs were pleading poverty at the start of the season, threatening to close down their youth Academy and then went onto spend 600k in total on two players. This January they've turned down two decent bids for Nisbett and Porteous (they haven't sold a single player during this entire pandemic), signed Jackson Irvine and Cadden both of whom will be on very decent wages along with a goalie from Arsenal who they paid a nominal fee for. 

Apart The Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, every club in Scotland has been forthcoming in their struggles during this pandemic. The Dundee Utd chairmen even publicly announced his preference to end the season in order to survive. Only St Mirren have claimed to be unaffected financially by this pandemic. 

I don't believe for a moment that the Edinburgh clubs can afford to do this and that they are financially better off then us. My thought is that Cormack and the board are being extremely cautious and smart whereas the Edinburgh clubs are taking a HUGE gamble in an attempt to get themselves ahead of us after nearly a decade of being in our shadow. This January Hibs have certainly strengthened and its hard to say yet if we have. I think its a question to posed towards Cormack at the Q and A. 

Hearts have a rich benefactor who is probably underpinning things at the moment. 

Hibs I guess will be banking on selling Porteous and Nisbet in the summer but have gambled to try and get 3rd.

16 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Hearts fans lumping in two million a year for fuck all in return. And 17k season ticket holders. And a benefactor. And Hickey sold for 1.7m. And been cutting our cloth at same time. 

Mystery solved. 

Welcome to the JTs Stuart Findlay. ??

Can't see this being confirmed anywhere......

55 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I'd rather Dunfermline came up. Hearts have had their turn and have turned into a bit of a yo-yo side. 

Aye Hearts probably go straight back down if they come up this year.  Best for them to have a few seasons in the Championship to consolidate ?

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Hearts fans lumping in two million a year for fuck all in return. And 17k season ticket holders. And a benefactor. And Hickey sold for 1.7m. And been cutting our cloth at same time. 

Mystery solved. 

I don’t normally comment on this Jambo troll, but, 17k season ticket holders? have a word with yersel, min

Hearts ??? always in our shadow.

13 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Lafferty signs for Kilmarnock

Cheating cunt of a player, really hope he has his season ended by one of our players next week

He’s a horrible, bigoted, orange bastard.

Flute bands etc..  the works.

He’s up there with Alan McGregor & Scott Brown in the reptile stakes.

Like you say, hopefully a career ender next week... although the way things are going for us just now, the cunts more likely to score the winner.

On 2/11/2021 at 12:05 PM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Mystery solved. 

You sold 11k with the price of season tickets reduced across the board by 10%.

Remember you lost 9 million due to relegation. Your wage budget was only marginally less then ourselves last season. In fact there's a good chance you've retained the same wage budget since going down with the signings you've made this season. Aaron Hickey's sale barely covers anything. The compensation fees for Neilson, Levein and Stendel, 200k on one player this January, GMS (on 4.5 a week), you already have high earners in Boyce (6k a week) and Naismith amongst many others. Craig Gordon will also be on a very decent wedge. As a club you a clearly spending beyond your means. As others have mentioned, James Anderson must be funding all this. To be fair, Hibs are clearly just as spendthrift as yourselves.

I see Findlay has signed for an MLS side......

29 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Where are you getting the Boyce and GMS wages from? 

That's purely speculative. 

The Boyce one was well reported at the time he signed. We were interested too but Hearts blew us out the water.....he was earning that at the side in England he signed from (Burton) and wasn't keen on taking a pay cut. Sure he was Burton's record signing when they got him from Coonty

GMS...I have heard that figure mentioned too. No reason to disbelieve it

Just now, Ten Caat said:

The Boyce one was well reported at the time he signed. We were interested too but Hearts blew us out the water.....he was earning that at the side in England he signed from (Burton) and wasn't keen on taking a pay cut. Sure he was Burton's record signing when they got him from Coonty

GMS...I have heard that figure mentioned too. No reason to disbelieve it

I think it's a mistake to take what the papers or gossips say re wages as gospel.  

In the vast majority of cases their work will be purely guesswork.  Just like folk on here. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think it's a mistake to take what the papers or gossips say re wages as gospel.  

In the vast majority of cases their work will be purely guesswork.  Just like folk on here. 

Maybe...I'm just assuming that GMS would have been on a shitload more than the equivalent of £4.5k/week at New York City. 

He was never going to get what he earned there here, but he's been very vocal that he turned us down and remember we know we paid him £4k/week when he was with us as we had to take his Celtic contract over. So I dont think it's unreasonable to guess that Hearts are paying what has been rumoured

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Maybe...I'm just assuming that GMS would have been on a shitload more than the equivalent of £4.5k/week at New York City. 

He was never going to get what he earned there here, but he's been very vocal that he turned us down and remember we know we paid him £4k/week when he was with us as we had to take his Celtic contract over. So I dont think it's unreasonable to guess that Hearts are paying what has been rumoured

How do we know we paid him 4k per week?  We don't. 

It's just speculation on top of more speculation.

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How do we know we paid him 4k per week?  We don't. 

It's just speculation on top of more speculation.

We do know that the season he signed our average player wage was just north of £2.8k/week

We dont pay our youngsters anything like that.....Wright would have been considered a youngster at that point for instance.

For every youngster earning £600-1k/week there has to be at least one senior pro earning a whack above that to balance the figures out. It's simple arithmetic min