Man From Aberdeen Charged With Offensive Online Post After Celtic Win

There must be around 100,000 people who would self-identify as Dons fans (the 40k who were at the final last year, plus at least the same number again who don't go to games for whatever reason but who take more than a passing interest in the team's results).

In any constituency of that number of people, it is inevitable that there will be the occasional outbreak of fuck-wittery, and that sadly is exactly what this incident proves.

I also quite agree that the hypocrisy of the Celtic support is breathtaking (though not altogether surprising) - they are becoming more and more like the extreme, mawkish wing of their brethren in the Liverpool support with their claims to being permanently offended.

I hope the melt that posted the abuse gets walloped by the courts, and I hope that the incident is quickly forgotten about. Really all that needs to happen here.

Celtic fans are too funny

Spend 90 minutes nae...... most of their lives glorifying the IRA who killed and maimed thousands of innocent women and children......... But tweets offend them.

Im no IRA apologist, but for posterity, the number of civilians killed by the PIRA between 1969 and 1997 is estimated between 621 and 644.

Thats 600-odd too many, of course, but to put the figure in context, the war in Afghanisan led to an estimated 18 - 20,000 civilian deaths between 2001 - 2014, the vast majority of whom were killed by NATO.

Of course, the death of 1 innocent civilian is too many, in any context, regardless of who is responsible.

• Upvote 2

Im no IRA apologist, but for posterity, the number of civilians killed by the PIRA between 1969 and 1997 is estimated between 621 and 644.

Thats 600-odd too many, of course, but to put the figure in context, the war in Afghanisan led to an estimated 18 - 20,000 civilian deaths between 2001 - 2014, the vast majority of whom were killed by NATO.

Of course, the death of 1 innocent civilian is too many, in any context, regardless of who is responsible.

Im not exactly sure what this has to do with anything, but thanks for the knowledge.

How many did God kill with his plagues, floods and other smiting?

• Upvote 7

I've been fined for a breach of the peace before for calling someone with Spina Bifida a spastic. Long before social media was on the go and they still had the "Spastic Society" on the go.

A very harsh fine if I'm honest but I accepted it caused harm but for me it was completely justified. I was attempting to dognap my German Shepherd from my ex bird and had been rolling about the street with her trying to scratch my eyes out at the time and he came out on his crutches calling me a cunt.

I learned my lesson and wouldn't call someone such a name outwith on here.

The dog ended up with her as well so I lost out on both counts. Won long term though as she as barking mad and I've went onto bigger and better things and she's turned into a right fucking boiler just like her old lady.

I've been fined for a breach of the peace before for calling someone with Spina Bifida a spastic. Long before social media was on the go and they still had the "Spastic Society" on the go.

A very harsh fine if I'm honest but I accepted it caused harm but for me it was completely justified. I was attempting to dognap my German Shepherd from my ex bird and had been rolling about the street with her trying to scratch my eyes out at the time and he came out on his crutches calling me a cunt.

The dog ended up with her as well so I lost out on both counts. Won long term though as she as barking mad and I've went onto bigger and better things and she's turned into a right fucking boiler just like her old lady.

Did your ex replace you with a disabled gentleman with spina bifida? That's a blow to the ego surely

RUL is right but may I also point out that for months you were telling us being part of Nato was a good thing yet here you seem to be insinuating different.
  • Upvote 2

Child abuse is no laughing matter... and this kid is going to have to deal with plenty shit in his life thanks to his disability.

No sympathy for the guy who thought it would be funny to abuse a handicapped kid.

At 19 you should know better, and if you don't then maybe a kicking until the message gets through is in order.

• Upvote 2
  • Site Sponsor

Child abuse is no laughing matter... and this kid is going to have to deal with plenty shit in his life thanks to his disability.

No sympathy for the guy who thought it would be funny to abuse a handicapped kid.

At 19 you should know better, and if you don't then maybe a kicking until the message gets through is in order.

+1 Kelt

The tagging of Police Scotland in tweets is just cringy as fuck.

Tagging clubs on twitter and saying 'you happy with one of your season ticket holders saying disgusting things on social media'. Oh to fuck.

The worst part of it is when folk GUESS where someone works and tag them on twitter and demand they are sacked.

It's quite pathetic if truth be told.

As someone said before, just Dinna use it, I've never heard anything positive come from twitter. At least with Facebook you get birds and their holiday pictures

I remember the Scottish Spastic Society well.

My job as a very young boy was to deliver SSS sweeper tickets to pubs and shops for the local football team's fundraising.

So if I was going to pub 'a' I had to count out 20 spastics, pub 'b' was 30 spastics etc..

It was quite common for my old man to order me to go to places with varying amounts of spastics.

I agree with this man. Je suis keltster.