Aberdeen V St Johnstone (0 - 1)

Game was shite. I've been dying to leave most of our recent games after about 20 minutes.

Thought Nicky Low looked quality in the first half and we may regret not keeping him/using him more.

Would have been funny if Joe's 40 harder went into the top corner and potentially cost himself European games.

Anyone who thinks we need a tough tackling central midfielder - what about Murray Davidson?

I am fully backing Shankland but starting to fear, like others, that he may be pish at this level. The new Scott Michie? Hope not

The biggest fear with Shankland is how he appears to be in front of goal. He's blown numerous chances.

He's clearly got intelligence about him for always to be in the right place at the right time and he also is technically sound. He just needs to be bursting the net.

I'd have thought a young loon looking to be making a name for himself would be chomping at the bit for a goal.

Ah well, the season ends and no complaints.

Shankland needs a first team goal to calm him down a bit, he's got a knack of getting to the right place at the right time, just needs to relax a bit.

Sad to see Russell leave on a defeat, but got a great reception - and a nod to the St. Johnstone fans who applauded his name being read out, his guard of honour and him being named man of the match.

Well done to the wee mascot on crutches, he was fucking determined that he was walking to the halfway line come hell or high water.

Good send off for Russell.

Shankland extremely poor in front of goal as per usual. Scott Wright seems to be an excitable player to watch, I hope we can see more of him next season

Wright looks to be a far better player than Shankland.

From what I saw yesterday anyway.

And also from previous viewings.

I thought it was a free kick personally.

Aye, wis borderline in/oot o the box.

Tho' TV will prob prove me wrang.

We looked a lot better in 2nd half like one the young loons came on.

I am disappointed to lose the last (v dull) game, but well done to st johnstone.

A great achievement for them to finish 4th, and with a neutral goal difference (most of the wee teams end up with big negatives) - so well done to them.

They deserve credit for this, and for showing up how poor Ush*ted are in the process.

So if Inverness win the cup, St Johnstone are in europe?

That would be a just reward for them, and some form compensation for seeing ape-man hughes manhandling one of Scottish footballs trophies!