Scottish Premiership Season 2015/16 - 85 Point Target

Think folk are being a bit optimistic thinking Partick will take anything from Timothy. We were horse for 90% of the game last night and they still only managed 1 wonder goal against us and conceded two goals in 3 minutes.

I disagree. I thought we played all right and Partick done well to cope with us. Even when we were one nil down I didn't think we were that bad, but I did think Partick were playing well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the top 6.

Gap now 1 point.

Tims

Partick (away) 1pt

Killie (away) 3pts

Hearts (home) 1pt

Dundee (away) 3pts

Motherwell (away) 3pts

Dons

Killie (home) 3pts

Motherwell (away) 3pts

Hamilton (home) 3pts

Hearts (away) 0pts

That would lead to a 3pt gap at split, and I think I've been fairly generous to tims with the forecasts.

They'll beat Hearts at home.

We'll beat the cunts away.

Celtic's pre split fixtures:

Away Partick

Away Killie

Home Hearts

Away Dundee

Away Motherwell

Semi Sevco

Testing time for them - I can see Partick giving them a game on Saturday

It's a pity they are playing Motherwell before the semi with the huns. They'll probably rest a few players, but McGhee will gift his beloved smelly tims the victory anyway

We've just come through a run of 4 games of which 3 were away from home and picked up 9 points

If celtic get 12 from 15 there I'll be impressed - and it would sill mean they'll have dropped points

We need to keep this momentum going- Celtic have struggled against Killie this season where we have them at home and have looked comfortable when we've played them

Hopefully that remains the case...

We've just come through a run of 4 games of which 3 were away from home and picked up 9 points

If celtic get 12 from 15 there I'll be impressed - and it would sill mean they'll have dropped points

We need to keep this momentum going- Celtic have struggled against Killie this season where we have them at home and have looked comfortable when we've played them

Hopefully that remains the case...

I would check that again if I were you.

Otherwise someone may correct you.

Not trying to be negative but at the moment it is still Celtics to lose, we can still win every game and not be champions

I still think the 4 games that hearts have 2 vs us, 2 vs them will decide where the trophy ends up. All the top 3 have the same wins and draws and loses as each other and hearts are going to have a huge impact

so 7 wins and 2 draws for the 85 points.

So dropping 4 points meaning 8 points behind Celtic and they need to drop 9 points. Perhaps by 1 loss and 3 draws.

So for all that to add up obviously Celtic would drop some points against us and need to drop points in 3 out of their other 9 games. VERY POSSIBLE.

So can we get 7 wins / 2 draws ?

First Round of 11 games: 24/33 points. 2 points behind lead

Second Round of 11 games 22/33 points. 6 points behind lead

Third 11 Matches - TARGET - 8 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses - 25 points

Dundee (H) 1-0 WIN

Celtic (H) 2-1 WIN

St Johnstone (A) 4-3 WIN

Inverness (A) 3-1 LOSS

St Johnstone (H) 1-1 DRAW

United (A) 1-0 WIN

Partick (A) 2-1 WIN

Killie (H) 2-1 WIN

TARGET - 2 wins and 1 loss

Motherwell (A)

Hamilton (H)

Hearts (A)

COYR - well done Dons!

That was ANOTHER MASSIVE win!

Unfortunately I would highlight again that it was four points we dropped in the first 22 versus where we wanted to be. Thankfully we have a wee chance to make that points back up. Starting by taking more than 6 from the next available 9

Dundee (H) 1-0 WIN

Celtic (H) 2-1 WIN

St Johnstone (A) 4-3 WIN

Inverness (A) 3-1 LOSS

United (A) 1-0 WIN

Partick (A) 2-1 WIN

Killie (H) 2-1 WIN

TARGET - 2 wins and 1 loss

Motherwell (A)

Hamilton (H)

Hearts (A)

COYR - well done Dons!

That was ANOTHER MASSIVE win!

Unfortunately I would highlight again that it was four points we dropped in the first 22 versus where we wanted to be. Thankfully we have a wee chance to make that points back up. Starting by taking more than 6 from the next available 9

None of this 6 points pish, we should be aiming for 9. We are capable of this and believe that squad can do this

Were we to achieve 85 points it would be the sixth best ever league season in terms of average points per game (using 3 points for a win).

Of the five seasons that were better we were champions in three of them. The other two were 1971 when we lost out to Celtic but were still in with a shout on the last day of the season and 1936 when despite having 87 points (in new money) from 38 games we finished third.

Dundee (H) 1-0 WIN

Celtic (H) 2-1 WIN

St Johnstone (A) 4-3 WIN

Inverness (A) 3-1 LOSS

United (A) 1-0 WIN

Partick (A) 2-1 WIN

Killie (H) 2-1 WIN

Motherwell (A) 2-1 LOSS

TARGET - 2 wins

Hamilton (H)

Hearts (A)

The good news = the title is not over

The bad news = it will be soon enough because 7 wins out 7 will now be required.

Tbh I really hope we can still improve a good bit on last season because if we dont then will be hard to put it down as another season with clear progress (in the most part because of the cups).

I am not giving up on this just yet,but @ Tord31 2 questions for you please...1,i cba checking back but how do the think the split fixtures panning out??.........secondly whats the value of dosh if you hit the Europa league group stages? FWIW...we should go Porkheid and fucking butcher them on the park,snap pinhead in three places....but we need a hard man first :deadhorse:

I am not giving up on this just yet,but @ Tord31 2 questions for you please...1,i cba checking back but how do the think the split fixtures panning out??.........secondly whats the value of dosh if you hit the Europa league group stages? FWIW...we should go Porkheid and fucking butcher them on the park,snap pinhead in three places....but we need a hard man first :deadhorse:

I think they wont mess with Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts fixtures assuming if the gap is 9 points or less.

we'll likely have a team for a third time at Pittodrie.

europa? fuck knows probably anywhere between £2m and £5m depending on how many points accrued

Dundee (H) 1-0 WIN

Celtic (H) 2-1 WIN

St Johnstone (A) 4-3 WIN

Inverness (A) 3-1 LOSS

United (A) 1-0 WIN

Partick (A) 2-1 WIN

Killie (H) 2-1 WIN

Motherwell (A) 2-1 LOSS

TARGET - 2 wins

Hamilton (H)

Hearts (A)

The good news = the title is not over

The bad news = it will be soon enough because 7 wins out 7 will now be required.

Tbh I really hope we can still improve a good bit on last season because if we dont then will be hard to put it down as another season with clear progress (in the most part because of the cups)

7 wins for us & for Celtic to (at least) lose one other game & draw another is a big ask but like you say, there is still a chance.

Still hopeful Hearts can do us the favours we need but we also have to beat them both. Not confident we can handle 7 "cup finals" when we basically cannot take care of Motherwell ffs.

Celtic dropping the points we require whilst not impossible has only been made more unlikely because of us gifting them a massive confidence boost just as they were showing a lot of signs of bottling it.