Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

41 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Not going to lose any sleep over those signings but we need to get out house in order otherwise it will be same story again next season.

Hearts have done well this season, but there's been no challenge at all.Β 

We won a lot of games back to back there while actually being a bit shit.

Shankland a stand out obviously. But our MF needs major attention.

The three new additions are safe decent players. I expect us to try for Strain plus either Phillips or Baccus. But i think there'll be a couple of real quality players added over summer. Especially up front if Shankland is sold.

5 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

It’s a B&B!

Β 

5 hours ago, Dynamo said:

I don't know anything about their hotel but of course they're notoriously cheap to run πŸ˜‚

A 20 room hotel with conference rooms in Edinburgh will easily take in a Β£1m + a year

Even if only half that is profit then it cover cost of a couple of average players wages.

Β 

17 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

UnlikelyΒ 

You realise how much accommodation is in Edinburgh? Especially in summer or during rugby &/or concerts?Β 
Β 

even if you just average the rooms being used for only 300 nights a year at a low average or Β£200pn it’s about Β£1.2m

yes there are some nights it would be as low as Β£100pn but plenty nights when it will be as much as Β£400pn especially during rugby & all through festivalΒ 

they could easily take in Β£1m a year from hotel when add in conference rooms + bar etc. on top.

It’s nice to slate them for it but it will definitely generate a lot of money for them.

Β 

FFS Killies hotel kept them afloat for long enoughΒ 

Β 

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You realise how much accommodation is in Edinburgh? Especially in summer or during rugby &/or concerts?Β 
Β 

even if you just average the rooms being used for only 300 nights a year at a low average or Β£200pn it’s about Β£1.2m

yes there are some nights it would be as low as Β£100pn but plenty nights when it will be as much as Β£400pn especially during rugby & all through festivalΒ 

they could easily take in Β£1m a year from hotel when add in conference rooms + bar etc. on top.

It’s nice to slate them for it but it will definitely generate a lot of money for them.

Β 

FFS Killies hotel kept them afloat for long enoughΒ 

Β 

Sales/turnover isn't profit though

Just now, RDS said:

Sales/turnover isn't profit though

That’s why I said β€˜even if only half that is profit’ it would cover wages of a couple of average players wages.

We want to slate them but it’s good business for them. Extra money coming in they didn’t have before 🀷 

Β 

22 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Just for the record, I am not using this as an opportunity to detract from our own shambles. The point I am making is if Hearts are signing players like Dhanda, Penrice and Spittal it's not exactly going to see them pull away. They probably said the exact same when we signed Devlin and they were 100% right to.Β 

Agree with this.Β  The only way any team though outside the big two is going to seriously upgrade is if there is serious money spent on fees and wages.Β  We can all see from our own transfer business what Β£600k buys.

I think it'll be interesting to see what happens at Easter Road in the summer now they have a billionaire investor on the board, can't see them paying millions but who knows

7 minutes ago, englishred said:

Agree with this.Β  The only way any team though outside the big two is going to seriously upgrade is if there is serious money spent on fees and wages.Β  We can all see from our own transfer business what Β£600k buys.

I think it'll be interesting to see what happens at Easter Road in the summer now they have a billionaire investor on the board, can't see them paying millions but who knows

Assuming we stay up, I think Aberdeen’s budget next year will be 5th in the league.

Β 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

United fans nae happy!

The lad who phoned in to Sportsound, sounded somewhat less than enamoured with Jim Goodwin. He'd sack him tomorrow and would've sacked him every single day since he was appointed. And he'd sack him even if they win the Championship. πŸ˜‚

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

The lad who phoned in to Sportsound, sounded somewhat less than enamoured with Jim Goodwin. He'd sack him tomorrow and would've sacked him every single day since he was appointed. And he'd sack him even if they win the Championship. πŸ˜‚

It’s fair enough really. A mean his record in top flight isn’t exactly great & it really doesn’t say much to win the β€˜championship’ with easily the biggest budget.Β 
Β 

Not like he’s some kind of miracle worker in doing so.Β 
Β