Ticket Touts

Jocky Balboa

U2 tickets are gold dust at the best of times, but when 2 shows in Belfast and 4 shows in Dublin are snapped up within minutes... only to re-appear on websites at £200 - £500 and more...

Shouldn't there be a crackdown on ticket touting, in particular websites like this that are blatantly promoting the ripping off of real music fans?

To me, all it says is that the original tickets aren't being sold at market value.

I'm not a fan of ticket touts, but there is a reason they do it and that is because people are willing to pay that. Personally, when I've found myself in a position where I can't make it to a sold out gig that I have tickets for, I've just sold at the price I've paid. Which is ultimately daft, as I wouldn't think twice of buying something that I knew I could sell for more money than I'd be paying.

U2 are shit.

For the libertines gig last week the tickets had to be printed off, they had a barcode and my name on them. Max 2 per person. The other person could only get in by being with the named person who had to show their ID. No resale value on the tickets for touts who didn't intend on going. Though folk who were going who had a spare one were outside charging £120, which I loved