Hibernian V Aberdeen (2 - 0)

I said to my daughter before this kicked off I'd rather we lose, league is the only priority with the position we've got ourselves into, Celtic playing every midweek while we kick back with our feet up will do us no harm, league cup is mickey mouse, the over celebrating when we won it a couple years back was an embarrassment, no Euro place, not worth a dime.

We should have fielded our kids, playing Shinnie in games like this just isn't worth it....as tonight has proved.

Well, this is a 'reality check' or 'wake up call' or whatever you want, but this is a big kick in the balls. The players were clearly shite tonight, barely heard their names in the commentary. Okay, write it off, move on and start winning again. In Derek we trust, cos I'm assuming he hates losing even more than me.........and fao Celtic, fuck off Ronnie, you're still an utter prick, grow up you utter twat.

On the contrary, arrogance would be thinking we've got the resources to concentrate on three competitions purely because we're Aberdeen.

My ambitions are far less, and I accept that our BEST chance of winning our first title in 30 years is to focus every single resource we have on the league title, and treat the cups as distractions.

Spot on Kelt, cups this season are of no importance, we don't have the squad to compete at all levels.

Nightmare!

McInnes has to take the majority of the blame. Why on earth did he take Flood in and partner him in midfield with Jack - it DOES NOT work! We instantly become a more defensive team. Shinnie back to left back as well? He gives us energy and drive in the middle and produced a brilliant performance from there three days ago. If he wanted to freshen things up why not go for Smith or Parker?

The writing was on the wall with two injuries early on, one of them arguably our best player in Shinnie.

McInnes hasn't got much wrong during his Aberdeen career but he got it badly wrong tonight.

Hopefully we perform better in the Scottish Cup, but if we're still leading the pack and looking good in the league when it comes around I won't give a fuck if we go out 12-0 to Galafairydean either.

Tonight meant fuck all.

Some of you need to calm your tits :)

This is pure and utter shite.

You clearly weren't at tynecastle when we pumped St Johnstone 4-0 with the place rocking with 3 stands full of ecstatic dandies.

You also clearly weren't at parkhead when we lifted the trophy in front of the best crowd I've ever seen. This competition is not something we can turn our noses up at, especially having only lifted 1 trophy in 20 years. You're honestly starting to sound like a glory hunting old firm fan and dare I say it, an arrogant septic tank.

• Upvote 6

Really disappointed with tonights shambles.

It's not the going out of the cup. It's always nice to get to semi finals, finals and win cups. We started with effectively a 1st choice 11 which I think was a mistake. Smith, Robson etc should have come in. Not fielding the u20 team but a few changes (see my potential lineup somewhere in this thread). We risked players who are very important, yes we were unlucky but we've not potentially lost a key player in Shinnie.

The subs were baffling as was the line-up. Pawlett is not a left wing back. I have no idea why we felt we had to match up to Hibs with a back 5. Surely Quinn on, Consi to LB is the obvious answer?

Not the end of the world but McInnes takes a fair amount of the responsibility for this. He's still a good manager and we can still be successful. He has flaws which have been exposed again. A lack of squad rotation and strange/late substitutions. He acknowledged last season he needed to use the squad better but not really seeing it.

We're out of the league cup, life goes on. Lets beat Caley on Saturday. COYR!

• Upvote 1

This is pure an utter shite.

You clearly weren't at tynecastle when we pumped St Johnstone 4-0 with the place rocking and there were 3 stands full of ecstatic dandies.

You also clearly weren't at parkhead when we lifted the trophy in front of the best crowd I've ever seen. This competition is not something we can turn our noses up at, especially having only lifted 1 trophy in 20 years. You're honestly starting to sound like a glory

hunting old firm fan and dare I say it, an arrogant septic tank.

It's a difference of opinion, fella... I don't get angry when people disagree with me. And it's a bit silly to raise the spectre of gloryhunting with any Aberdeen supporter of the last 20 years.

I DO think we can win the league. I DON'T think we have the resources to go trying to win every trophy. My OPINION is that we should give the league our best shot.

Sorry if that's upsetting.

• Upvote 3

Spot on Kelt, cups this season are of no importance, we don't have the squad to compete at all levels.

Exactly & even cups are more a case of good fortune, rather than having the best team ..

an opportunity like this season doesn’t come along often.

& with newco back next season - following the celtic habit of buying the better players, it will be back to the old routine.

You think we should have gone for glory in the League Cup because we won't win the title?

I think our best chance of silverware this season is to win a few games in the cups rather than get more points than Celtic over the course of the season.

And to Dayts, silverware is silverware... recorded for all time. In 20 years time, nobody cares if you qualified for Europe.

• Upvote 3