Football Manager 2016

New FM came out Friday.. Started with Dandies of course and won the league along with the Scottish Cup in my first season and beat in the final of league cup to Celtic.

Europe was quite poor, i went out in the 3rd round to IFK Goteborg.

Celtic were really poor in the first season - only scraped 2nd and Hamilton ended up 3rd after pushing me all the way till the split.

Only players i signed were Jason Cummings who was an absolute goal machine for me, Rolando Aarons on loan from newcastle and the boy did wonders. Tom Rogic on loan from Celtic although he didn't get a game ahead of peepaw and some center back from Tottenham on loan - Miles Velojickiv or something. Lined up the majority of games in a 4-2-3-1 - McGinn missed about 50% of the season through injury so didn't feature much.

Ward

Logan Veliojick Reynolds Shinnie

Jack McLean

Hayes Pawlett Aarons

Cummings

So far been really impressed with the game - it seems you are able to score a lot of goals from crosses, something which i've struggled to do in previous games and i think i've nailed a good tactic that works in the Scottish game.

The dons also are debt free and after winning the league got just under 3mill to spend on new players - while also spending about 3/4mill on new training and youth facilities.

Ryan Jack & Kenny McLean are both brilliant in CM and Shinnie and Reynolds are both really good too. Also Rooney and McGinn both are very highly rated. In terms of youth there isn't much - Cammy Smith and Shankland are both rated highly as is Scott Wright. Then both young keepers Mutch & Craddock have good potential.

Thinking of buying this for my loon's Christmas. He's 9. Is he too young to get his head round it?

I've not played any of them since about 2001.

When you buy it there is like 2 versions of the game you can play - One version being the more in depth, which is more in-depth tactics, more focus on training and development of players etc.

- Second version being called "Football Manager Touch" so it's sort of a "dummed" down version taking away all that so i'm sure your son could play that with ease and it not becoming too complicated!

I read somewhere that the football manager touch is also inter-changeable with the game on your like iphone/ipad/tablet etc. so if yous were going for a long drive etc. he could continue his game on the tablet to save him getting bored.

Apologies for the long-winded answer haha but in simple terms "Aye, should be fine".

So, is this worth getting?

I'm currently in my 18th season as Aberdeen boss, my first and only saved game in FM2014. Just pick it up now and again before getting addicted for a couple of weeks then putting it down for a couple of months.

My laptop/tablet cross may struggle to run this new version I think if it has a lot more graphical detail in it.

half way through my first season with us, Got through to the group stages of Europa League where had to win last game to go through last 32 but got humped 5-1 from Villareal in a winner take all game.

2nd in the league 6 points behind celtic, had some dodgy defeats, Had Ward out with a Broken shoulder so Brown has had to come in, 3-0 up away Ross County for them to pull it back to 3-3 only for Super sub Flood to score the winner while the Tims lose 2-0 to Dundee Utd

aye, it really is.

isn't really anyone whos shouting out to be replaced

don't think shinnie and taylor are properly rated though

ash has something like 14 and 15 for jumping and heading..!

rooney not too good to replace with Cummings?

Rooney has been pretty poop for me mate. Demanded to leave as I wasn't giving him enough starts. He'd had 8 from 10. Had dropped Cummings to keep Rooney happy and it caused a few bad results.

Just in to December in the 2nd season and Cummings has 4 in 4 for the National team.

Rooney seems to play well as a False 9 in a 4-2-3-1. Drags defenders with him and does well to hold up the ball, then gives a through ball to the inside forwards rushing past.

Having issues beating lower league teams but no trouble getting results against the top half

Ah, you've accidentally purchased Football Manager 2007. I suggest just binning everyone in the squad, starting with Jackie Mac, and try again.

• 1 month later...