Which Celebrity Will Die Next ?

Reed or deed

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

"End of life care pathways"aren't really a new concept. They were formalized as a written care protocol about 25 years ago..........I was dead against them (there are other care pathways for different conditions) but they just meant shitloads more paperwork for nursing staff in particular. The real reason behind them was to try to mitigate against the ever increasing complaints and litigation that patients and/or their relatives started embarking on around that time and which has only worsened as time has went on (often spurious and just looking for an easy few thousand sovs)

But doctors have declared patients as beyond curative treatment routinely for well over a century previously, with the aim of any treatment thereafter to "keep the patient comfortable". Generally means starting the patient on a strong opioid analgesic if not already on one at a lowish dose and increasing as necessary to try to keep the patient pain free at all times. Secondary to this, to try to avoid the side effect of making them drowsy/ knocking them unconscious. Usually can be achieved initially but may be inevitable in later stages, especially if they stop drinking. Use of IV fluids if they can't drink is contentious.....many families insist on it and usually doctors will at least initially agree if nothing else to get an easy life but really it's only delaying the inevitable.

Thanks TC. Do you have any knowledge/ experience of the NG163 procedure?

2 hours ago, tutankamun said:

Thanks TC. Do you have any knowledge/ experience of the NG163 procedure?

NG163 would be a NICE guideline. Which are used in England and Wales (possibly NI too but I'm not sure about them). In Scotland, we use SIGN guidelines. Similar (and indeed many were developed in conjunction with colleagues down south). I think NG163 is a covid guideline which essentially decides who and what to treat it with.....or indeed not treat it in certain instances. The equivalent SIGN guidelines I think come under SIGN161

3 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Of course it can be. Lies, propaganda and duplicity exist.

Will the Covid inquiry discuss the unnecessary use of midazolam, morphine and DNRs? Unlikely.

What was unnecessary about them? People were dying (from covid and from the vaccine), would you rather they suffered till the end? 

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Here’s another article from Emily Smith. I think the challenge is to see how far down you can read before coming to the conclusion the world is fucked when this passes for journalism.First paragraph for me. It’s quite clever if that is what she ( Emily Smith) has intended. 

https://thetab.com/uk/2023/11/06/explained-what-is-the-invisible-string-theory-on-tiktok-and-where-did-it-come-from-336459

It's a student newspaper site