Shay Logan

With McLean I think he is a city kind of boy, theres probably not enough in Aberdeen to keep him happy which is why he will likely move on.

He'll leave because he either wants to chase the dream down in England somewhere or because he wants to play for his scummy boyhood team. Not because there isn't enough bowling alleys or edgy trainer shops in the city centre

Logan has a bad trait of backing off instead of going to the ball.

See Armstrong cup final, backs off backs off backs off, goes to ball - too late. This happens often when it comes to his defensive duties.

Saying that I still think he's a class player and he is a shagger.

Not sure I'd agree with interpretation - Jack was in front of Shay and sells himself to try (and fail) at intercepting leaving Armstrong space and Shay exposed. Could've maybe closed down quicker but if Jack had pressurised Armstrong rather than missing an intercept it could've been different.

Delighted Shay staying. Not personally aware of shagging ability but I'll bow to your greater knowledge. Good footballer.

He backed off 3 times, kept going backwards and when he decided to close, the left foot of Armstrong was about to pull the trigger.

Had Logan closed down straight away WHEN Armstrong retrieved the ball, that goal would not have happened.

I still rate him, don't get me wrong but his bad trait is backing off his man. Oo er.

I'm still going to blame Jack for that one - agree Shay could have closed down but in that instance he should not have had to as the midfielder should've been covered by Jack - on reviewing the goal Shay was holding with the rest of the defence at the top of the penalty box when Armstrong got the ball about 6 yards away - if he'd pushed out then a runner could have slipped behind him - being highly critical he was a half second slow in reacting to Armstrong lining up, the difference perhaps between good and great.

• Upvote 1

He backed off 3 times, kept going backwards and when he decided to close, the left foot of Armstrong was about to pull the trigger.

Had Logan closed down straight away WHEN Armstrong retrieved the ball, that goal would not have happened.

I still rate him, don't get me wrong but his bad trait is backing off his man. Oo er.

100%

They kept attacking down the left in the second half so I'd agree they targeted Considine as a weakness.

Which often happens against better sides unfortunately.

Tbf to him (or any player in a position where a whole TEAM conciously decide to target a particular area) the law of averages alone say that they will expose their opponents sometimes.

Unless said player is a superstar

Not defending Considine at all as I didn't see anywhere near enough of game due to a shite Redtv to say he was good or bad.

A lot of players were exposed for their goal though & the

SPACE

their goal scorer was afforded was fkn criminal & that certainly wasn't just down to Considine

• 2 months later...