Shay Logan

It's not like he'll be getting paid peanuts up here. He's good for our level, but lets be honest he's not good enough to go down south and earn double or triple what he does here.

He obviously likes Aberdeen, gets paid a good wage and will have come to some arrangement regarding going down to see his kids every so often.

Aye one less main position we'll need to fill

2 good centre backs, a solid central midfielder, a striker and a decent goalie and I'll be chuffed. :laughing:

Aye me as well, Its a shame but I think Storie and Smith will at best provide cover otherwise we could save a few pennies, The summer transfer is going to be some fucking time on this forum, You guys go nuts over nothing I cant wait to here whats said at a crucial juncture like this.

Aye me as well, Its a shame but I think Storie and Smith will at best provide cover otherwise we could save a few pennies, The summer transfer is going to be some fucking time on this forum, You guys go nuts over nothing I cant wait to here whats said at a crucial juncture like this.

I'd put Storie out on loan to a decent Championship or lower premiership (scottish...obviously) side if we're not going to give him much game time next season.

• Upvote 1
Rangers boss Mark Warburton tells Aberdeen's Shay Logan: You'll be shocked at how good my boys are next season

The game is about opinions. Whatever Aberdeen players say, Shay Logan or Considine, it’s down to them.

"They can form their opinion and if they are proven right next season then fine.

I don’t expect anyone to lie down to us next year. We don’t expect anyone to let us roll them over.

"It’s going to be a tough division with lots of hard games, home and away.

‘Every point has to be earned, but we understand that. There is no lack of readiness on our part.

“I think that is a little bit naive.”

I expect quite a few teams to lie down to Sevco next season. As long as Aberdeen give them a thrashing home and away I will be happy.

Fit did Shay and Andy say like?

“It’s going to be a lot harder for Rangers next season but Mark knows that and will be looking to bring in the players to cope.

“They will be challenging but they will find it tough as we will be right up there again. No disrespect to the Championship but there are teams in that division nowhere near the standard of the Premiership.

“Rangers will get a shock at the quality they come across, not just from ourselves, but also Hearts and other clubs such as Ross County, Dundee and Motherwell. It is all set for an exciting league.”

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shay-logan-im-staying-aberdeen-7855976#QPIVj2yqfsa9OkOB.99

His crossing is pretty ding and I won't be bothered if he goes.

What a load of shite. His crossing is very good. In fact he puts in more good quality crosses than any FB we've had in years & that includes Shinnie. Most of Logan's crosses are into great areas but we struggle to get players onto them a lot of the time. That is one of Rooneys weaknesses actually IMO.

Agreed. Logans crossing is one of his best qualities. The only thing you can really criticize him for his leaving too much space behind him or not winning enough headers.

Yet another game where he put a lot of great balls into the box & if you notice, more often than not they are directed right to a player rather than just randomly into the areas.

He had one great one right onto the penalty spot/player for a goal. Another front post ball right to a player & another back post ball right to a player. Any & every one of these balls could have resulted in goals.

Fkn delighted that he has signed his (at least) short term future to us. Yes we can question his defensive lapses sometimes but his forward play is a fkn great asset for the team.

Rangers boss Mark Warburton tells Aberdeen's Shay Logan: You'll be shocked at how good my boys are next season

The game is about opinions. Whatever Aberdeen players say, Shay Logan or Considine, it’s down to them.

"They can form their opinion and if they are proven right next season then fine.

I don’t expect anyone to lie down to us next year. We don’t expect anyone to let us roll them over.

"It’s going to be a tough division with lots of hard games, home and away.

‘Every point has to be earned, but we understand that. There is no lack of readiness on our part.

“I think that is a little bit naive.”

I expect quite a few teams to lie down to Sevco next season. As long as Aberdeen give them a thrashing home and away I will be happy.

I can't see any quotes where he says "you'll be shocked at how good my boys are next season"

Typical make believe pish from lazy journalists.

The more of our players that speak down to either of these arse cheeks the fkn better. Not enough of this type of attitude in our side.

Fk this "respect" pish.

Imagine McGinn saying anything other than complimentary about them.

Love a bit of cocky arrogance in players. Even more so when they can walk the talk, or at least wind up the opposition.

It'll be interesting to see when they chance putting our meeting these new zombie types next year? Early doors in the hope of catching us cold or later to try and get them established before we pump them. Late September is my bet. We'll know how cocky the fucks are if they put them to us on the opening day (no doubt coincidentally following us playing Shanghai Rovers on the Thursday night!)

• 10 months later...

Cant find a dedicated Shay thread, Can I change the title of this one.

Nice appraisal from the Scotsman.

Do you have any Scottish grandparents, Shay? Seriously, check it out. Maybe forge a few documents. Mould the ‘Eng’ into a ‘Scot’. Scotland needs a right-back. One which isn’t broken. One which will defend as well as he attacks. One who isn’t Steven Whittaker. Shay, Scotland needs you.

He arrived with no fanfare. Signed on loan from Brentford, he was chucked into a League Cup semi-final tie with St Johnstone a couple of days after putting pen to paper. Since that comfortable 4-0 win he has not looked back. A League Cup success followed, as well as 150 appearances for the Dons, marking the occasion with a goal against Hearts last Saturday.

It was surprising he signed a new deal until the end of next season. All noises emanating from the north east suggested he’d be moving down south following the end of the 2015/2016 campaign. The fact he did stay could be up there with Joe Lewis as the best business of the summer.

This is a defender who STILL appears to be underrated. Goalkeeper Lewis gets plaudits. Ryan Jack gets plaudits. McLean, Shinnie, Hayes, McGinn, Rooney, even Andy Considine, they all get plaudits. Logan doesn’t tend to get plaudits. It is a crying shame. He deserves his second place because he is reliable and balanced, versatile and influential.

The 29-year-old (what moisturising cream are you using, Shay?) takes his defensive responsibilities seriously. He is an attacking full-back but how often do you see him diving in or going to ground to recover? He plays intelligently, his frame meaning he is low to the ground, allowing him to turn and pivot when put in difficult situations.

Such is the nature of football in 2017 the players at the top of the lists will share one quality. Power. Logan clearly takes conditioning seriously, allowing him to match up physically. Then there is his leap. You can practice defending and attacking crosses but for someone so small to be so dominant in the air he has worked on his power.

Watch Logan closely. He is rarely beaten in the air, even if he gives up a few inches to an opponent, which is a massive bonus for defending the back post when crosses come deep. There are few better in the league. Then there is attacking crosses. He can scores goals because of the aforementioned as well as having a goalscorer’s instinct.

Such is his standing within the team he is rarely subbed when Derek McInnes shuffles his pack, both in terms of personnel and system. He’s played 42 games this season and only failed to complete the 90 minutes twice.

Cant find a dedicated Shay thread, Can I change the title of this one.

Nice appraisal from the Scotsman.

Do you have any Scottish grandparents, Shay? Seriously, check it out. Maybe forge a few documents. Mould the Eng into a Scot. Scotland needs a right-back. One which isnt broken. One which will defend as well as he attacks. One who isnt Steven Whittaker. Shay, Scotland needs you.

He arrived with no fanfare. Signed on loan from Brentford, he was chucked into a League Cup semi-final tie with St Johnstone a couple of days after putting pen to paper. Since that comfortable 4-0 win he has not looked back. A League Cup success followed, as well as 150 appearances for the Dons, marking the occasion with a goal against Hearts last Saturday.

It was surprising he signed a new deal until the end of next season. All noises emanating from the north east suggested hed be moving down south following the end of the 2015/2016 campaign. The fact he did stay could be up there with Joe Lewis as the best business of the summer.

This is a defender who STILL appears to be underrated. Goalkeeper Lewis gets plaudits. Ryan Jack gets plaudits. McLean, Shinnie, Hayes, McGinn, Rooney, even Andy Considine, they all get plaudits. Logan doesnt tend to get plaudits. It is a crying shame. He deserves his second place because he is reliable and balanced, versatile and influential.

The 29-year-old (what moisturising cream are you using, Shay?) takes his defensive responsibilities seriously. He is an attacking full-back but how often do you see him diving in or going to ground to recover? He plays intelligently, his frame meaning he is low to the ground, allowing him to turn and pivot when put in difficult situations.

Such is the nature of football in 2017 the players at the top of the lists will share one quality. Power. Logan clearly takes conditioning seriously, allowing him to match up physically. Then there is his leap. You can practice defending and attacking crosses but for someone so small to be so dominant in the air he has worked on his power.

Watch Logan closely. He is rarely beaten in the air, even if he gives up a few inches to an opponent, which is a massive bonus for defending the back post when crosses come deep. There are few better in the league. Then there is attacking crosses. He can scores goals because of the aforementioned as well as having a goalscorers instinct.

Such is his standing within the team he is rarely subbed when Derek McInnes shuffles his pack, both in terms of personnel and system. Hes played 42 games this season and only failed to complete the 90 minutes twice.

Nice little article.

One of my favourites is old Shay.

I think the way McInnes treats him is why he is still at the Dons. Del apparently gives him regular time off to go down south to see his kids. Logan, like a lot of the good players we currently have, is still at the club I believe due to the good relationship he has with McInnes and highlights why it's so important we hang onto him as manager for as long as we can. Shay obviously enjoys playing for him and genuinely seems to have a lot of affection for the club. The best RB we have had in many a year. Always good for a goal too. Let's hope we can keep him for a few years yet.

• Upvote 4