Predator Getting A Reboot

Ke1t

Latest of our childhood favourites to be raped like the corpse of a freshly murdered infant is the classic guy movie Predator.

The original was as near perfect a movie as you could get, with zero romantic subplot to pander to the split-arses, and murder and mayhem from Arnie start to finish, ending with him walking out of a nuclear explosion because fucking right he could.

To be released some time in 2018, look out for it to be a steaming pile of horse's shite.

Other reboots that have cunted classic originals include Rollerball, Clash of the Titans, Planet of the Apes, Total Recall and, the biggest travesty of them all, fucking Ghostbusters. Even though Ghostbusters' reboot hasn't been released yet you can tell from the trailers it is going to suck like fucking gravity.

Anyway... that's Predator fucked.

140815_02.jpg

• Downvote 1

Rollerball was a bit over my head when I first saw it. It's about how the Corporation is more important than the individual... so when one guy becomes a superstar the corporations decide to force him to retire because the notion that an individual could succeed on his own was in direct conflict with the whole message of Rollerball.. a team sport. When he tells them to fuck off they begin removing some of the rules of the game in order to kill him off. Mayhem ensues. As a young kid all I understood was that the games themselves were fucking magic, and there was some unnecessary Talky-Shit between them.

CotT was camp as fuck but a good laugh, PotA had monkeys shooting assault rifles and Charlton Heston shooting monkeys... great stuff, Total Recall... Arnie movie with a chick with 3 tits = instant classic, Ghostbusters had 3 comedic geniuses and a token black guy... which has just been remade using 3 unfunny females and a wookie.

Waiting for the remake of Zulu where they let the Zulus win.

Rollerball was a bit over my head when I first saw it. It's about how the Corporation is more important than the individual... so when one guy becomes a superstar the corporations decide to force him to retire because the notion that an individual could succeed on his own was in direct conflict with the whole message of Rollerball.. a team sport. When he tells them to fuck off they begin removing some of the rules of the game in order to kill him off. Mayhem ensues. As a young kid all I understood was that the games themselves were fucking magic, and there was some unnecessary Talky-Shit between them.

CotT was camp as fuck but a good laugh, PotA had monkeys shooting assault rifles and Charlton Heston shooting monkeys... great stuff, Total Recall... Arnie movie with a chick with 3 tits = instant classic, Ghostbusters had 3 comedic geniuses and a token black guy... which has just been remade using 3 unfunny females and a wookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raBNUUj1-fY

Original Rollerball was brilliant. Proper distopian Sci fi. The remake was so gash that I couldn't finish it.

I can however confidently say that Charlton Heston did not shoot any monkeys or vice versa in planet of the apes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raBNUUj1-fY

Just to be clear, I HAVE NOT appeared in the Ghostbusters rehash!

And if they ever try to remake Zulu, I will personally head along to sabotage it

• Upvote 1

I honestly thought that was already in the works!? (In fact I have just realised it was the superb "Battle of Britain" they were thinking of vandalising, with Tom Cruise no less).

I expect in the new Zulu there will not be a battle, ('elf n' safety reckon someone could get hurt), but a negotiated settlement thanks to the intervention of the Commission for Racial Equality.

It ends with most the British officers getting the sack, so black officers can be installed via a positive discrimination scheme in order that the occupying Imperial Forces "better reflect the community they serve".

I honestly thought that was already in the works!? (In fact I have just realised it was the superb "Battle of Britain" they were thinking of vandalising, with Tom Cruise no less).

I expect in the new Zulu there will not be a battle, ('elf n' safety reckon someone could get hurt), but a negotiated settlement thanks to the intervention of the Commission for Racial Equality.

It ends with most the British officers getting the sack, so black officers can be installed via a positive discrimination scheme in order that the occupying Imperial Forces "better reflect the community they serve".

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO!

Under no circumstances must anyone, anywhere, attempt a re-make of Battle of Britain!

Quite apart from anything else, when the original was made there were still plenty of flying examples of the main aircraft types (Spitfires and Hurricanes for the RAF, and Do-17s, He-111s and Bf-109s for the Germans). These days there are still a few Spits knocking about, but we're down to about 3 or 4 flying Hurricanes, one flying Bf-109 (which I think is a new-build as opposed to a restored original) and precisely none of the German bomber types. So the only way to shoot the mass raids on London and the south-east would be with hideous CGI which will look crap and sound even worse.

No no no no no no no no no no.

I actually WILL go and sabotage the set if this monstrosity proceeds.

• Upvote 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO!

Under no circumstances must anyone, anywhere, attempt a re-make of Battle of Britain!

Quite apart from anything else, when the original was made there were still plenty of flying examples of the main aircraft types (Spitfires and Hurricanes for the RAF, and Do-17s, He-111s and Bf-109s for the Germans). These days there are still a few Spits knocking about, but we're down to about 3 or 4 flying Hurricanes, one flying Bf-109 (which I think is a new-build as opposed to a restored original) and precisely none of the German bomber types. So the only way to shoot the mass raids on London and the south-east would be with hideous CGI which will look crap and sound even worse.

No no no no no no no no no no.

Plane spotter

planespotters-600x44411.jpg

Lord of the rings.

Star Trek.

Ghostbusters.

Red dwarf.

Black adder.

Dr who.

The geekiest shows/films ever

Fantastic shows.

Nothing geeky about a Halfling killing a giant spider with a magical sword that was fashioned by Elves during the Goblin wars.

hobb.jpg

They better not do another Gremlins

Or Jaws

Gremlins and Jaws are magic.

If they ever did a remake they'd have to combine both films together.

Jamlins.

Not sure how Jaws would appreciate not being able to get wet though.

Or eating food after midnight.

Jaws could have Spike's Mohican instead of a fin coming out of the water to warn everybody it's hungry.

I have loved that film since I was a wee boy, it is superb.

I read somewhere that the armada of planes assembled to make the film was, at the time, one of the largest functioning air-forces in the world!

Good man - I will come too.

These days there are still a few Spits knocking about, but we're down to about 3 or 4 flying Hurricanes, one flying Bf-109 (which I think is a new-build as opposed to a restored original) and precisely none of the German bomber types.

Have you ever seen the spitfire memorial in grangemouth? (next to refinery)

Dunno if its life size, but near as dammit if not. The town was a training base during the war and apparently a lot of poles trained there.

If you look at Boness Rd and Inchyra Rd, they are long and straight because they were originally runways.

It was over the firth of forth where the first german planes were shot down during the first attack on the Uk during war.

Have you ever seen the spitfire memorial in grangemouth? (next to refinery)Dunno if its life size, but near as dammit if not. The town was a training base during the war and apparently a lot of poles trained there.If you look at Boness Rd and Inchyra Rd, they are long and straight because they were originally runways.It was over the firth of forth where the first german planes were shot down during the first attack on the Uk during war.

My entire family is from the Falkirk area - my grandma actually worked in that factory during the war. After the war it continued to churn out aircraft and eventually became an English Electric factory producing parts for the Lightning, and my grandma still worked there right up until it closed.

Good man - I will come too!

("Zulu Dawn" is a good film too, have you seen that?)

Yeah I bought the DVD of that last year because I hadn't seen it for years. Good film, reflects the British arrogance quite well

Aviation photographer if you please! ;)

Also, I have precisely zero interest in civil aviation. Military all the way.

Leuchars Airshow every year when in cadets, loved seeing the Vulcan flying. The beer tent was also a winner once we were old enough i.e. 16

That's not the same.

You're allowed to do 2, 3, 4 and 5 as long as they're good.

All the 5 films in the Jaws trilogy have been ace.

I'm sure I've mentioned that I've swam in the water they filmed Jaws in AND met the guy with the fake fin............yawn, same old story