Cammy Smith

So in short nae good enough for United not good enough for us.

The whole reason for the loan in the first place was he wasn't good enough to merit a first team place right now, the question was whether playing every week would improve & develop him so he would be good enough.

Because Andreu is now in the team ahead of him means that question isn't getting answered. I would also say that Andreu is probably a better player and good enough that he could take the place of some players in our first team on a regular basis.

The whole reason for the loan in the first place was he wasn't good enough to merit a first team place right now, the question was whether playing every week would improve & develop him so he would be good enough.

Because Andreu is now in the team ahead of him means that question isn't getting answered. I would also say that Andreu is probably a better player and good enough that he could take the place of some players in our first team on a regular basis.

Andreu may be good enough for our team but Cammy isn't unfortunately for him. Hope the guy makes it but don't think it will be with us. Loan move should have happened a few seasons ago.

• 6 months later...

I kind of thought that with all the outgoings at AFC this summer, that Cammy may get one last chance.

Obviously Dek hasn't given him enough assurances that he would figure regularly and has chosen to leave. Can't blame him really.

As there's no mention of fee or tribunal, I'd suggest we just didn't offer him a deal.

As there's no mention of fee or tribunal, I'd suggest we just didn't offer him a deal.

Aye. Surprised that hasn't been announced (unless it had and I've missed it) Shankland to follow suit to some other Weegie filth I'd imagine.

All the best to Cammy though. Got talent. Fingers crossed it works out for him. Good manager in Jack Ross.

Aye. Surprised that hasn't been announced (unless it had and I've missed it) Shankland to follow suit to some other Weegie filth I'd imagine.

All the best to Cammy though. Got talent. Fingers crossed it works out for him. Good manager in Jack Ross.

Would love to see it work out for the lad, coming back as a better player at some point in the future.