Cammy Smith

I don't think we'll learn anything more by letting Rogers go back to Falkirk nor Smith to United. Rogers can only be considered serious for a shot at the no1 jersey after a spell in an SPL side. Same goes for Smith really, he could drop a level and play out of his skin but it doesn't mean he's any good for us. McKenna fair enough, he's maybe got more time on his side.

SPL loans would be great if the players are wanted by SPL teams and actually got games every week.

But if that's not possible I think another year at Falkirk is still worthwhile for Rogers - if he has a good season, develops as a player and comes back to "compete" for the No 1 jersey - would probably be second choice at least to start with anyway.

By that time Alexander probably will be or should be retiring.

A good run of games for Smith would be a start, even not at SPL level.

• 3 weeks later...

It will be good for him to go somewhere he has a good chance of getting 90 mins.

Like most other young players he seemed to be nervous when starting for Aberdeen as he knew he would be hauled off early by Mcinnes if not one of better players on pitch. Even by half time.

Hopefully can play with a clearer head and more confidence if gets settled with more minutes.

Hopefully a full season of first team football brings out the best in him.

Should have happened about 2 years ago though.

Agreed, he should have been away on loan long before now.

Think we'll be giving Smith away for 'free'. Probably the money raised from the loan is the money to pay off Flood on Friday

A move which should probably have happened a couple of years ago.

I think perhaps a loan out to another club for young Cameron should have happened before now.

• Site Sponsor

Makes sense, McInnes clearly has no intention of giving him more game time here.

89 appearances for us. I wonder how many of those were for more than 10 minutes.

And yet, I remember being at a Q&A session at Pittodrie in DM's first season when the question was asked about most promising young player and he picked out young Cammy as a future star.

Maybe he will still cut the mustard...

Hope so for the Loon's sake.

And yet, I remember being at a Q&A session at Pittodrie in DM's first season when the question was asked about most promising young player and he picked out young Cammy as a future star.

Maybe he will still cut the mustard...

Hope so for the Loon's sake.

I remember when he had that guy Tate on loan from Swansea, he recommended the scouts there come up and have a look at Smith. Said he was the only one technically good enough to cut it down there.

As has been said this loan should have happened 2 or 3 years ago. Hopefully it's not too late for him to turn into a decent first team player, as the talent is/was there.