New Stadium Survey

What were the results of the survey?

Over 2,500 fans is a very large pool of people to gauge opinion from.

We are happy with the >2500 fans response. The results are now being collated and will firstly be sent to the club to review. Then we will publish the results via press releases and social media. We expect the results to be available end of this month / start of next as there is a lot of data to be reviewed.

We are happy with the >2500 fans response. The results are now being collated and will firstly be sent to the club to review. Then we will publish the results via press releases and social media. We expect the results to be available end of this month / start of next as there is a lot of data to be reviewed.

'Sanitised' in other words? I was under the impression this was an independent survey so there should be no real reason for not allowing everyone to see it at the same time. Sprinkling with a liberal amount of Big Partnership fairy dust first are we? :rolleyes:

'Sanitised' in other words? I was under the impression this was an independent survey so there should be no real reason for not allowing everyone to see it at the same time. Sprinkling with a liberal amount of Big Partnership fairy dust first are we? :rolleyes:

Mug.

Guest RosemountRed

Why would the club 'review' them before us?

Sorry but that just stinks, release them to all at the same time.

You are either independent or part of the club, please clarify.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why would the club 'review' them before us?

Sorry but that just stinks, release them to all at the same time.

You are either independent or part of the club, please clarify.

Giving the club the chance to see the results before the press does sounds sensible to me. Providing the same set of results are released later to the media.

Club's interest's at heart and making sure they know what flak may or may not be heading their way.

Otherwise it would be the Daily Range strait on the attack to AFC should there be stuff if there than needs defending.

Doubtful.

More likely letting them get their ducks in a row before the press come along.

Guest RosemountRed

In fairness, if the survey is directly about Aberdeen and their plans, then they deserve to see the results and have the first response, no?

Likewise if I ran a survey about AFC Chat, I wouldn't post it on Donstalk first.

response to what? It's a survey asking fans questions not a report into corruption.

What's the problem with the club seeing them first? Then they can answer anything brought up in it.

Exactly.

I can't even remember what the survey questions were, but if one of them is 90% of fans think we should have a safe standing section, then it'd be good for the club to already have a comment saying "we're considering it and will have more info when we release our detailed plans later in the year."

Likewise a supporters bar. I want a firm position from the club along the lines of "We welcome all feedback on the new stadium and will release plans later in the year."

It's not an official AFC survey though. I think it only fair to ask the question of why an independent supporters organisation would feel the need to share the results with the club, before the very individuals that they went to to complete said survey.

It doesn't phase me either way, but it would be nice at least, to know the reason for it. Could be very justified or could smell fishy. Either way, I'm not bothered if the eventual outcome is a completed stadium in place in a few seasons time.

But you have to agree that without an explanation, going to the club first does sound a bit suss.

Exactly.

I can't even remember what the survey questions were, but if one of them is 90% of fans think we should have a safe standing section, then it'd be good for the club to already have a comment saying "we're considering it and will have more info when we release our detailed plans later in the year."

Likewise a supporters bar. I want a firm position from the club along the lines of "We welcome all feedback on the new stadium and will release plans later in the year."

Just playing Devil's Advocate, but you could turn that around and say, the club came out with plans/consultation that people (specifically WANKS) had questions for and their were no tangible answers (transport strategy being one of the main issues).

It's not an official AFC survey though. I think it only fair to ask the question of why an independent supporters organisation would feel the need to share the results with the club, before the very individuals that they went to to complete said survey.

It doesn't phase me either way, but it would be nice at least, to know the reason for it. Could be very justified or could smell fishy. Either way, I'm not bothered if the eventual outcome is a completed stadium in place in a few seasons time.

But you have to agree that without an explanation, going to the club first does sound a bit suss.

Not at all. They're Dons fans with the best interests of the club at heart. Makes perfect sense to give them first look.

Guest RosemountRed

Not at all. They're Dons fans with the best interests of the club at heart. Makes perfect sense to give them first look.

They should have the supporters interests at heart, not the clubs, often these are not the same thing.

Guest RosemountRed

It is with this particular topic. Of course not 100% of fans support it but I'd suggest a majority do.

Fans probably want different things than the club on some topics such as safe standing and pre-match drinking facilities for thousands.

Who are Dons fans? The Dons Supporters Together group? I don't have any issue with them reviewing the data. What I'm questioning is, why would they need to share this data with AFC first, prior to releasing the results? Would it not therefore, have been easier for the actual club, with a much larger database and marketing option, to release the survey themselves, address the responses based on the outcomes and then release that back to the support?

Who are Dons fans? The Dons Supporters Together group? I don't have any issue with them reviewing the data. What I'm questioning is, why would they need to share this data with AFC first, prior to releasing the results? Would it not therefore, have been easier for the actual club, with a much larger database and marketing option, to release the survey themselves, address the responses based on the outcomes and then release that back to the support?

Yes but they didn't so these boys did. You're making a big deal about fuck all. As usual.

Yes but they didn't so these boys did. You're making a big deal about fuck all. As usual.

If the club had done it, it wouldn't be an independent survey.

I'm just asking a simple question - not a big deal. There's been more made about why folk are asking the question than the actual question. Calm doon min!

Question - why the need to confer with club first? Not really that feckin fussed... certainly not gonna keep me awake at night. Just a simple question for which I suspect there's a simple answer.