Real Madrid

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish

If you think we're worried about trying to qualify for Champions League football next season, Real Madrid are making a proper pigs-ear of this season, with the 5th place team only 2 points behind them. I'm sure they will get in, but the Spanish league is even tighter than usual this year.

I've been really disappointed with Real this season. There's a total lack of bite in their team.

They obviously miss Zidane's creativity, anyone would, but guys like Reyes shouldn't be playing for Real Madrid. They've lost 4 games at home already this season, that's really not good enough.

Have to laugh at all the commentators who say the Premiership is the best league in the world when you see how competitive La Liga is. Should be an exciting end to the season whoever's at the top.

Guest LondonScottish
I've been really disappointed with Real this season. There's a total lack of bite in their team.

They obviously miss Zidane's creativity, anyone would, but guys like Reyes shouldn't be playing for Real Madrid. They've lost 4 games at home already this season, that's really not good enough.

Have to laugh at all the commentators who say the Premiership is the best league in the world when you see how competitive La Liga is. Should be an exciting end to the season whoever's at the top.

Only thing is the atmosphere in Spain is generally really poor, and the game is played at a far slower pace. There's a lot of skillful players in Spain, but the weekend to weekend matches aren't that amazing. Real's first game of the season 0-0. was shocking; I reckon we could have given them a game!!! They tend to lift their game for Europe.

Only thing is the atmosphere in Spain is generally really poor, and the game is played at a far slower pace. There's a lot of skillful players in Spain, but the weekend to weekend matches aren't that amazing. Real's first game of the season 0-0. was shocking; I reckon we could have given them a game!!! They tend to lift their game for Europe.

cant really agree with you there. i've been to a fair few La Liga matches and the atmosphere is really good. Of course you get bad games, you get that in all leagues, but the standard of football and footballer is far higher in Spain than England.

Guest LondonScottish
cant really agree with you there. i've been to a fair few La Liga matches and the atmosphere is really good. Of course you get bad games, you get that in all leagues, but the standard of football and footballer is far higher in Spain than England.

I have a season ticket at the Bernabeu. Great stadium, but the atmosphere is terrible, and I mean terrible. First game of the new season the fans don't even leave their seats when the teams run out; just sit there eating nuts. The group of supporters behind the goal are the only noisy ones, but as my Spanish mate said, these fans are basically the "ultra" extremist lunatics, but they have some sort of hold over Madrid and have all their tickets bought for them home and away; I think its a personal view whether you think Spanish or English football is better, but for me I think the EPL is better for asll round entertainment. Spanish for the neat passing and technical ability, and a bloody great time in Madrid after!! English for the attacking flair, passion, speed and general blood and thunder.

I have a season ticket at the Bernabeu. Great stadium, but the atmosphere is terrible, and I mean terrible. First game of the new season the fans don't even leave their seats when the teams run out; just sit there eating nuts. The group of supporters behind the goal are the only noisy ones, but as my Spanish mate said, these fans are basically the "ultra" extremist lunatics, but they have some sort of hold over Madrid and have all their tickets bought for them home and away; I think its a personal view whether you think Spanish or English football is better, but for me I think the EPL is better for asll round entertainment. Spanish for the neat passing and technical ability, and a bloody great time in Madrid after!! English for the attacking flair, passion, speed and general blood and thunder.

how did you get your season ticket for the bernabeu if you dont mind me asking? i've looked into this before and was told there's a huge waiting list?

Personally, i think that there's just some amount of sh*te in the premiership and it believes it's own hype. When you get a good game, it's really good, but there are far too many terrible or just plain mediocre matches. but, horses for courses and all that as you allude to.

To be honest, Zidane was a non-entity for them last season. The midfield drive - especially in the second half of the season - came from none other than their second rate actor that's only there to sell shirts. That goldenba's is missing out to the likes of Reyes has to be a big factor in their performances.

To be honest, Zidane was a non-entity for them last season. The midfield drive - especially in the second half of the season - came from none other than their second rate actor that's only there to sell shirts. That goldenba's is missing out to the likes of Reyes has to be a big factor in their performances.

from january onwards Zidane played very well for them, including scoring his one and only professional hat trick. Always seemed to play a lot better when Guti was in midfield beside him as well.

Think it was always going to be a hard job to take over due to the fact of all the world class players they had were getting pretty old and had lets face it over thier best days. He has changed the tactics to more defenseive but that was always going to happen when they brought in a man like Capello. They are pretty boring to watch now a days and the first game of the season was dire and cost me

Think it was always going to be a hard job to take over due to the fact of all the world class players they had were getting pretty old and had lets face it over thier best days. He has changed the tactics to more defenseive but that was always going to happen when they brought in a man like Capello. They are pretty boring to watch now a days and the first game of the season was dire and cost me
Guest LondonScottish
how did you get your season ticket for the bernabeu if you dont mind me asking? i've looked into this before and was told there's a huge waiting list?

Personally, i think that there's just some amount of sh*te in the premiership and it believes it's own hype. When you get a good game, it's really good, but there are far too many terrible or just plain mediocre matches. but, horses for courses and all that as you allude to.

My Spanish mate on my desk has two, which he has had for years right on the halfway line. Pretty much like "dead mans shoes" getting tickets there. I buy one off him for the year, but it doesn't cost too much in real terms as he sells the pair for the Barcelona game for 75% of the season ticket value. Its a pisser the way Spanish TV change the day to a Sunday night with very little notice, so booking weeknd flights is a small problem, but the Wednesday night games are easy as we can fly from London Wednesday afternoon see the game, out for the night in Madrid and straight to the airport for the 7.25 flight back to London, and into work. Works out about a tenner each way plus taxes, and you haven't got to pay for a hotel.

My Spanish mate on my desk has two, which he has had for years right on the halfway line. Pretty much like "dead mans shoes" getting tickets there. I buy one off him for the year, but it doesn't cost too much in real terms as he sells the pair for the Barcelona game for 75% of the season ticket value. Its a pisser the way Spanish TV change the day to a Sunday night with very little notice, so booking weeknd flights is a small problem, but the Wednesday night games are easy as we can fly from London Wednesday afternoon see the game, out for the night in Madrid and straight to the airport for the 7.25 flight back to London, and into work. Works out about a tenner each way plus taxes, and you haven't got to pay for a hotel.

Plus the flights will be cheap as chips considering your a travel agent 'n' that! :)

I always find the Spanish games lack atmosphere, but only watch them on T.V is is this the case or is it just T.V muting it out?

What i do find good is that the supporters do admit good football which would never happen in Scottish football. Even in the rival games i.e Real v Barca game when they clapped Red Rum after scoring

Guest LondonScottish
I always find the Spanish games lack atmosphere, but only watch them on T.V is is this the case or is it just T.V muting it out?

Try reading post #6 above Snoyl. :)

sorry mate

Save your tears for another CHUMP! :)

I watched some of the game tonight and they were again pretty poor, but at least they had some fight about chasing down the ball which i have not seen them do in a little while. I seen it at 2-1 and i presume the score stayed the same. Capello has to bring in a lot of younger players for the future of Real but i did expect him to be doing better than this.

Guest LondonScottish
Save your tears for another CHUMP! :)

I watched some of the game tonight and they were again pretty poor, but at least they had some fight about chasing down the ball which i have not seen them do in a little while. I seen it at 2-1 and i presume the score stayed the same. Capello has to bring in a lot of younger players for the future of Real but i did expect him to be doing better than this.

Finished 1-2 Have a feeling Capello might not be around next season, but he needs time to mould a team in transition. Got Bayern in a week and a half in the Champions League. Should be an interesting game.

Finished 1-2 Have a feeling Capello might not be around next season, but he needs time to mould a team in transition. Got Bayern in a week and a half in the Champions League. Should be an interesting game.

Yep, still fancy madrid and will no doubt put them in my coupon, which means slip up!!!

Do you go to any Champs league games?

Guest LondonScottish
Yep, still fancy madrid and will no doubt put them in my coupon, which means slip up!!!

Do you go to any Champs league games?

When I can. Going on the 20th to the Bayern match Champs League 1st leg Should be a pretty skillful game, but I can't see there being many goals. Almost tempted to come back via Barcelona, as they're playing Liverpool the following night, but dunno if I could get a ticket. Be pretty expensive on the Black market. That could be game of the round if they both play to their ability.

Madrid dropped another 2 points last night at home to Betis but still close gap on Barca who just lost 2-1 at Valencia. Seville have chance to go top with 5 goal win tonight at home to Athletico Madrid

They are looking really good tonight, never realised how good the standard of spanish football is until watching it alot latly.

They are looking really good tonight, never realised how good the standard of spanish football is until watching it alot latly.

Is the standard good or is it just bad with a few players shining out from the bunch? :laughing:

Am only saying this after watchin Freddy Kanoute take the pish out of Athletico. I have never rated Kanoute and think he is gash IMHO. Seville will fall out of the tittle race soon but have to admit seems a great atmosphere at the game tonight!

Doubt a lot of people will agree with that but........

Is the standard good or is it just bad with a few players shining out from the bunch? :laughing:

Am only saying this after watchin Freddy Kanoute take the pish out of Athletico. I have never rated Kanoute and think he is gash IMHO. Seville will fall out of the tittle race soon but have to admit seems a great atmosphere at the game tonight!

Doubt a lot of people will agree with that but........

He is a good player that never suited the english game or it never suyited him, that's maybe why a few players from over this way have made good over there.

They were up for it after hearing Barca got beat, quite rightly so too, i reckon they will finnish third or maybe 4th but still they have a chance at the moment.

Archived