"aberdeen Fans Expect Too Much"...

"Look at where they were before, he's done a fantastic job, let's just not question anything because of that"

FFS if you don't look back on bad performances and see what went wrong, what you could have done better you'll never get anywhere. The fans have every right to take apart poor performances (and there's hardly been mass hysteria, just a general acknowledgement that there maybe is a few things that could be done better this season). I'm sure the manager knows himself what is good, what is bad.

Fuck off Thompson.

• Upvote 5

I'm as much of a McInnes lover as it comes. We're far to harsh at times on the players, certain players especially and McInnes himself, but the above statement is laughable. There's always room for improvement and I think he's right in saying that we're looking for a tad too much improvement but it doesn't mean that Derek's infallible just because McGhee was utterly hopeless.

THOMMO BACKS UP HIS OLD CHUM shocker.

Totally predictable that Thompson would back Deek up 100%.

But the facts and performances speak for themselves.

Fans aren't criticising mcinnes for no reason- they are concerned to see the club sliding backwards again and performances becoming increasingly negative.

And it's clear this negative approach is becoming ingrained into the team now.

I've been quite critical this season but I'd easily get right back behind mcinnes if I could see him doing more positive things with the team.

- players selected in their best position

- players out of form dropped to allow others a chance

- tactics that allow the team to attack when we have the ball and get it back quickly when we don't

- better use of the squad and of players like storey, Wright

- a team that exudes confidence going onto the park

- a team playing with a little more attacking freedom

I don't expect them to win every game, but I expect them to set out with a strategy to actively go after a win each game.

If you look away from the headline he's kind of saying the same as people on here are saying about the team, highlighting the same issue in midfield. It's not actually that bad an article but if the headline screamed "dons need centre mid" it wouldn't have got the attention that "aberdeen fans expect too much" gets.

I don't think any one majority is calling for McInnes's head.

What the fans are calling for is an acknowledgement that things aren't right and haven't been for almost 12months now. Performances have seriously tailed off.

Whether that is down to McInnes having peaked with the current squad, who knows. But McInnes I'm sure recognises the fact that perhaps this current team has went as far as it can go.

I think he should get the chance to rebuild the squad, and then if it's still not right then we should probably start to look elsewhere.

I'm sure McInnes will know himself that his time is up if the rebuild doesn't bear fruit.

How he does in the summer transfer window will make or break him with us.

I think we'll see a large turnaround of first team regular players this summer, Jack, McGinn, Taylor all leaving and Pawlett being let go as well. If he gets the right players in, in the right positions and we move forward again like we did when he first came in the door then he'll show his worth but if we carry on stagnating he'll be gone.

I only trust Kris Boyds & Barry Fergusons opinion now

I think I spot a pattern though

I'd be more interested in Kris Boyds opinion on pies and various confectionary items cause he clearly eats plenty of them.

Bizarrely, SSN had Kris Boyd on as a pundit the other day. I put up the volume to see what the fat fuck was on about and he was giving his opinion on Liverpool and one of their strikers. How the fuck did media outlets start to respect that fat mutant and his opinions? He's worse than John Hughes

Expecting to be second is expecting too much? Aye ok.

I'd flip it the other way. Other than giving them the best game we can home and away I'm quite happy to ignore Celtic for now. If we didn't see a very very slim window of opportunity this time last year (and to be fair he couldn't have foreseen, in particular, Ward's recall and Rooney's injury, then its hardly fair that we expect him to put out a team to beat them now.

Neither can we expect second for that matter. If others spend more money than us to grab it back (huns), or even if they simply find a winning formula with similar players (Well three years ago) then good for them (level playing field, debt welching, FFP, masons ya de ya aside) . But don't take that statement to suggest apathy in any shape or form. I expect us to give up 2nd only if we must and that we should be dragged exhausted from the field having fought tooth and claw to keep it. Putting out a side at Ibrox that I didn't feel was our strongest, relying upon a defensive set up that we're not particularly good at anyway (not least having shat it against an admittedly vastly superior side six days earlier) and in so doing inviting an opposition to play to their only strengths in front of their 'unique' crowd was a mistake. He must have been aware that to gamble in an attacking sense would have retained some sympathy. But to gamble defensively as he did, and then fail to deliver, would lead to, well, precisely what has subsequently been written.

Anyone thinking otherwise, like EBT Thomson, is just naiive.

McInnes has probably put him up to this. Another fucking hun associated tink.

the dons need to stop putting huns in the manager's chair, they just turn to putty when they play their loved one's. as for expectations ,the fans could see they were light weight after flood went ,it's criminal that they have yet to address the obvious.

the dons need to stop putting huns in the manager's chair, they just turn to putty when they play their loved one's. as for expectations ,the fans could see they were light weight after flood went ,it's criminal that they have yet to address the obvious.

What about Alex Ferguson?