Aberdeen V Hamilton

3 points is 3 points.

Hamilton are gash & deserved fuck all from the game.

They were lucky to get back into the game in the 1st half.

Terrible ref.

For me - the depressing thing was how we sat soooooo deep after getting the 2nd goal & then started some sort of bizarre team mannequin challenge.

The lack of movement was embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

Two games in a row that the starting XI has had a more familiar look and perhaps shouldn't be a surprise that it's been the same story with the performance too. Over the piece, felt that 2-1 flattered Accies and that we were definitely held back by the refereeing. Plus points...

• Midfield: encouraging to see this part of the team putting in another solid performance. Whilst much was being said in the media about the constant chopping and changing in defence, many on here felt that most of our problems came from midfield. I thought Jack, Shinnie and McLean looked very assured in there again today, even though it took a change in that area to help bring about the winning goal.
  • Hayes, McGinn, Rooney: proof once more that they should always be the front line unless there's injuries or suspensions. We are so much better with all three of them on the park.
  • Joe Lewis: we knew it already, but what a keeper. Incredibly unfortunate I felt for the pen decision. Camera angle from behind the goal might tell us more though.

It'll take a different kind of performance to get us a result at Tynecastle on Friday. I think I'd be happy with seeing the same starting XI three games in a row though.

One? I'd go with many more than that.

He kills the game so much.

We got a throw and he turned his back and ran away from the thrower.

Hamilton player ran 40 yards and Jack ran away from him hence why Lewis rightfully had a go.

Ball goes up in the air Jack runs away from it having no eye on the ball what so ever and Logan had a go.

I could go on with him only having a go at his own team mates rather than opposition or ref for bad decisions. List is endless.

That corner in the 2nd half when he just stood and watched the ball go over his head and land at the Hamilton players feet then watched him run at goal.

School boy stuff

• Downvote 1

That was the best Taylor has played this season - should have scored a header from an earlier corner but denied by a brilliant save. He also had a nae bad shot saved in the first half. Looked more solid than Reynolds.

Need to take all thr chances we get on Friday. I'd keep McLean, McGinn, Hayes, Maddison & Logan an extra hour in training to work on their long range shooting accuracy.

It should have been a walk in the park yesterday however against a better team we would have conceded in the last 10 minutes or so.

3 times in that period Hayes was across asking McInnes what was happening, he had tinkered with the team so much by changing personnel and formations that the players had no idea where they needed to be.

It also resulted in the players sitting deep and inviting the opposition to attack.

This is DM biggest problem, he shits his pants when Hamilton throw on an extra forward, no wonder his arse collapses when he plays against the bigger teams.

3 points is 3 points.

Hamilton are gash & deserved fuck all from the game.

They were lucky to get back into the game in the 1st half.

Terrible ref.

For me - the depressing thing was how we sat soooooo deep after getting the 2nd goal & then started some sort of bizarre team mannequin challenge.

The lack of movement was embarrassing.

Seems to be our default when we're 'managing a game'. Really frustrating to watch at home against a pish team. Take a forward off and put a defender on too.

3 points in the end though.

Aye it was hard work in the end but is Dallas had been a competant ref then Reynolds header would have stood and they wouldnt have got the penalty.

If we had went up by a deserved couple of goals then they would have crumbled

Andrew Dallas is proof that hes only reffing in Prem games because of who his old man is, absolutely shocking performance...why he didnt send of that dwarf Imrie for his assault on Shay just before half time is beyond me

We played some OK stuff. 2-1 nae really reflecting the balance of play.

That fucking penalty. Jesus wept.

As clean a tackle clearly winning the ball as you could hope to see.

Was right behind it.

What a fucking balloon of a referee.

Being fair to him he was consistent.

Consistently fucking retarded.

Ball bag.

Just happy with the 3 points with the above in mind.

thought yesterday was a good game for us, despite a horrendous display by a referee and linesman

but I really think we made the wrong substitutions

We already had loads of good balls into the box - considine off and Stockley on would have been mine

We had the ability to releave pressure by hitting on the break mcginn off burns or storey on would have been mine

Yes I know we scored from a Madison effort being parried but he didn't add a new dimension he effectively replaced shinnie in the middle who was already doing as good a job as Madison did when he came on

All o conner did and the flat back 5 that appeared was encourage Hamilton on to us as we didn't have an out ball. also Madison wont do any of the tracking back at least 3 times he was closest to the ball and didn't want to try win it

Kind of! Biggest failing in the substitutions was that the front three (unquestionably our best front three) were fucked but Deke was scared to change even one of them until 80 minutes. My preference would have been Burns for Mcginn to stretch them down the right wing. Basically into the role that eventually got Hayes one on one and the boy the red. Having insisted on playing a high ball to Rooney straight down Devlins throat I could have understood switching him for Stockley but I know fine the response that would have gotten especially if we'd lost.

Maddison came on and did Maddison's job superbly (looking from the Y, most of his work was in the tunnel corner). His touches really are exquisite and make fucks like Devlin look like the pish they are. But it was combined with pulling Shinnie out of the midfield and its difficult to say which had the bigger effect. Jack needs no encouragement to go deep, literally in between what became 3 centre halfs. That is what was annoying his teammates so much - inviting them into our final third. Maclean is finding his feet in that sitting role also and is clearly coming onto a game (and incidentally is increasingly the vocal leader on the pitch) so I'll cut him some slack. It was he who continually tried to bring Hayes into play down the left. Only black mark was the chance where he was through on goal at 1-1 (2-1)? and blazed it into the RDU.

Agree on Imrie's yellow btw but how many had a vision of a red waving Craig Thomson when Logan did exactly then same thing to Imrie earlier.

Just watched the highlights, how the feck did Dallas not give a spot kick in the first half for the push on Rooney....its as blatant as you will see!!

Because he'd watched the boy do it several times to Rooney before so this one was no different. Loved the BBC comment "no great protest from Rooney." Eh no. Because he'd given up by then (protesting). Hope you also noticed young Andrew stopping Rooney doing what Griffiths does at every corner btw. Apparently that's not allowed.

Straight red for that... going away from goal. Nae sure the ref got any of the big decisions right.

He started okay for first hmmmm 10 mins then just lost the fucking plot.

Generous with ten minutes considering we'd about 5 corners at which pulling and blocking was rife. The reason he had to give a red was because Hamilton had been at that blocking shite the whole game and he'd failed to do anything about it. If he's going to yellow Maddison for diving (great simple bit of skill by him for the goal btw) then he has to do the same to Devlin when Hayes gets one on one with him two minutes later.

Worst offence yesterday for me was wee shites like Imrie and Crawford continually taking the legs away from reds in the air at high balls by backing in. No effort at the ball whatsoever, just trying to affect the clearance to then pick up the second ball. Their whole game seems to be based on it. I've no real time for the big athletic fuckers at centre forward either (ICT and Hamilton springing immediately to mind) where they're equally making no attempt at the ball, sometimes not even looking and just randomly jumping into the centre half, but at least both players usually come down on their feet in that situation. Seriously, a player is going to get his neck broken with some of the shite going on yesterday.

What's the idea of Hayes and McGinn both standing next to each other at corner kicks. Only needs one player for the corner kick and the other one in the penalty box .

Keeps the same routine as a free kick so it's a yay from me. Also if it comes straight back out to the wing there's the option of a pass and creation of a chance rather than just having a lone player easily closed down.