Scotland Vs Canada & Slovenia

Yes but I would have changed the vastly over rated Forrest before I would have changed Morrison. Had it not been for Tiernay pushing forwards he would have been non existent but again couldn't change him because we didn't have a ready replacement.

For a long time I've raged against Forest's inclusion but he was a bit better tonight I thought, worked hard and has a bit more sense of what he's doing than he used to.

Still one of our weakest links mind you.

Don't think McLean could be out on the wing in his place though, but surely there's better wingers out there.

From the squad I'd say it was the best 11.

Tierney though still young shown up to fairly average.

Thumb should have buried that ffs.

:hysterical:

Stumbled onto the right team almost by accident, the key now will be keeping them together and not fucking about with the selections too much.

Armstrong did have a very good game but for me Tierney was by far the best player on the park. All the more so considering he was playing out of position.

Tierney is either the best player, or one of the best players, every time I watch Celtic. Amazing consistency and level of performance from a 19 year old. His temperament reminds me of Ryan Fraser. Like Fraser, he never looks remotely phased. Picked out of position, to start a crucial international match. Strolls it. MOTM.

Loathe to give one of that lot too much credit, but don't think he'll be at Celtic much longer. Will play for a top 6 English team, or a top European club, soon enough.

Strange feeling. On one hand I'm happy my country have won, we've given ourselves a glimmer of hope of qualifying, and the England game means something in June. On the other - Strachan stays.

The team line-up was good. Griffiths made us more dangerous, even if he missed his chances you can see he is a far better player than any of the other options we have. Glad he finally tried one of his left backs at right back. Armstrong was very good as most people have said.

Still think centre of defence needs work. Would drop Forrest and Snodgrass as well. The latter is a good player on his day but is overrated. Malta apart he hasn't produced a performance for Scotland since his return from injury.

Strachan's use of subs poor. Griffiths was enforced, but Anya was wrong choice. Now, he puts on Martin, who scores, which suggest he's made a great sub and Strachan being Strachan has already come out and giving it "this proves I'm right to pick him." Let's be honest here, watch the goal, it's awful defending, a poor shot, a horror show by the goalkeeper. We've got lucky, simple as that. The goal doesn't change the fact he still shouldn't be getting picked.

Scotland get one flukey result and suddenly dons players arent good enough for the national team. Fuck that. McLean could've and should've been involved last night. This win has done absolutely nothing to change my mind as to whether Strachan is picking the right players. He's not. He got lucky last night and our agony has only been extended.

Scotland get one flukey result and suddenly dons players arent good enough for the national team. Fuck that. McLean could've and should've been involved last night. This win has done absolutely nothing to change my mind as to whether Strachan is picking the right players. He's not. He got lucky last night and our agony has only been extended.

You've got to look at it with some realism though.

On the basis of the shite Strachan as picking before and on the evidence of the previous performances, Mclean and Shinnie would have been a good improvement.

But on the basis of the midfield performance last night Mclean and Shinnie would be good bench/impact players but not starting players in my opinion.

Jack wouldn't be in it at all, sorry to all the Jack fans but we simply have much better players in the role he performs available, Darren Fletcher coudn't even get in the team, Jack has no chance.

Agreed, he didn't do anything wrong first half but did nothing of note either. Second half he was good though.

Solid first half, excellent second half - that would be a fairer way of putting it. And let's not forget that we're talking about a 19 year-old here, who was playing out of position.

I'll say it again: as good as Armstrong was, and his assist for the goal was class, Tierney absolutely should have been MOTM.

More than happy for lots of Celtic fannies to get picked and play... Griffiths looks fucked for the rest of the season now and if ol' Heid the Ba' Broon is oot too all the better for us and our cup winning ambitions...

I wondered about this last night. What do you reckon Rodgers will think of his invincible starlets going off on holiday having been utterly humiliated by the famous in the cup final, being told if he fucks up the Champions League again depriving them of the cash they need to keep the hun in their box he'll be outed as a dodgy tanned boy-pimp how pleased will he be seeing them all get picked for a volatile game against the guffs in mid June.

Solid first half, excellent second half - that would be a fairer way of putting it. And let's not forget that we're talking about a 19 year-old here, who was playing out of position.

I'll say it again: as good as Armstrong was, and his assist for the goal was class, Tierney absolutely should have been MOTM.

Aye dinna get me wrong, I wasn't being critical of him, was just disagreeing with the 'outstanding' comment. First half he definitely wasn't outstanding.

wow

clueless

utterly, utterly clueless

and its tiernEy

Not that I care but which part?

Forrest Over-rated - no arguement

Don't have an alternative right winger because of pish squad selection - no arguement

Was Morrison knackered? Could have been. We certainly desperately needed a fresh set of legs in the middle as Brown was gasping out of his arse for the last half hour. But we maybe moved Mulgrew forward a bit to accommodate that risking three at the back instead did we?

And my apologies Tiernay must be the equally overrated wee baldy cunt in the weegie "comedy" that's all about the banter. It sucks as well.

Tierney came on to a decent game, but for long periods I thought he looked pretty uncomfortable at right back. Get him to left back because Andy Robertson is utter pish.

Nae sure fit reed or deed was smoking. Armstrong man of the match by a country mile.

Harsh on Robertson. I reckon he's come on defensively loads this season. He's had done practise at hull! Always looks strong going forward too.

I wondered about this last night. What do you reckon Rodgers will think of his invincible starlets going off on holiday having been utterly humiliated by the famous in the cup final, being told if he fucks up the Champions League again depriving them of the cash they need to keep the hun in their box he'll be outed as a dodgy tanned boy-pimp how pleased will he be seeing them all get picked for a volatile game against the guffs in mid June.

You can bet your back door that the England game's the game the wee Ginger prick will pick Maclean, Jack and Shinnie... so that it'll be 2 weeks or something stupid like that before our season starts...

Tierney came on to a decent game, but for long periods I thought he looked pretty uncomfortable at right back. Get him to left back because Andy Robertson is utter pish.

Nae sure fit reed or deed was smoking. Armstrong man of the match by a country mile.

Very harsh on Robertson.