Scotland Vs Canada & Slovenia

Yes I agree they are doing better.

But I disagree that's relevant to my point.

Tonight we have probably performed to NI standard if you like.

But even if we did that right through this campaign, we'd still be a shite to average international team.

To put it another way, I don't aspire to be as good as NI.

I want us to be a lot better than that, but we have to develop proper football players.

A better manager could do better in terms of qualifying with these players as poorer teams have proved. It is nothing to do with aspiring to be NI level.

Even then can expect better from this team and want better players in future. Can want both.

Yes I agree they are doing better.

But I disagree that's relevant to my point.

Tonight we have probably performed to NI standard if you like.

But even if we did that right through this campaign, we'd still be a shite to average international team.

To put it another way, I don't aspire to be as good as NI.

I want us to be a lot better than that, but we have to develop proper football players.

What?

A better manager could do better in terms of qualifying with these players as poorer teams have proved. It is nothing to do with aspiring to be NI level.

Even then can expect better from this team and want better players in future. Can want both.

Never mind jds, we're completely misunderstanding each other and your arguing against a point I didn't make.

Mclean, Shinnie and Jack deserve a chance to see what they could do but if they want to be getting in there ahead of likes of Brown or even Armstrong they need to at least play better vs Celtic against those players.

Dont think any of them have had even a decent game v Celtic in a while. Maybe Jack in lat game was the best any of them have been.

Did you just watch that game? How bad do you think McLean, Jack and Shinnie are? Morrison and particularly Brown were fucking woeful again.

I watched it closely.

And based on that form the opinion that to say all 3 of the above should be starting is a massive stretch.

It's international football, not a league game against Partick Thistle.

Morrison and Brown were no world beaters but stuck to their tasks.

I think Jack in particular would be badly shown up on this stage.

Shinnie would be interesting to see and I think McLean could actually have been good tonight but Amrstrong was very good so hard to complain there really.

Brown did ok but was fucked after 60minutes. Armstrong played well. Forrest was the weakest of the three. Again.

And Anya is indeed brutal.

Almost certain Strachan will try to get credit and even say Anya helped stretch the game and helped open up space for the goal.

If there was a role for one of the three it would be swapping Shinnie for Brown after 65 to keep our energy levels up. Harsh for Kenny but he's not going to get in in front of Armstrong or Morrison or even Fletcher.

Spot on.

McLean could be used off the bench as well though, would have been a good replacement for either of the other 2 you mentioned.

Stumbled onto the right team almost by accident, the key now will be keeping them together and not fucking about with the selections too much.

Armstrong did have a very good game but for me Tierney was by far the best player on the park. All the more so considering he was playing out of position.

Spot on.

McLean could be used off the bench as well though, would have been a good replacement for either of the other 2 you mentioned.

Yes but I would have changed the vastly over rated Forrest before I would have changed Morrison. Had it not been for Tiernay pushing forwards he would have been non existent but again couldn't change him because we didn't have a ready replacement.