Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Sturgeon and her Green mates have already said they are winding oil and gas down.They don’t want any more exploration .

In the meantime Sturgeon opened her big gob a few months ago saying she wanted to take all Ukrainians in without any checks with the Scot Govt as super sponsors.Now they are saying they underestimated the cost which is now over 200 million with another 20,000 still to arrive.

They have just announced cuts in the Scottish budget of 500 million.

LaLa land has more chance of Indepedence.

It’s weird how the argument has changed from “Oil is going to run out in 5 years” to “You don’t even want it anyway”.

Well I’m forming the mythical Indy Oil party, we want Indy and to extract the oil. See if you can imagine the implications of that. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I don’t want a constructive argument with you, you’ve made it clear to me you are an idiot. 

Fair play. I would guess I have had more involvement with Oil and Gas Uk and the government than you.

But I am open to any criticism or opinion.

But I’m not an idiot

18 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

You are claiming Scotland wouldn’t own the assets in our areas of the North Sea after independence, correct? 

I am claiming it would be highly debatable. They would have to renegotiate licenses and the big boys are walking away from the North Sea as it is.

I have stated I am not pro or anti independence but the assets in the North Sea are not a given.

Operating agreements will be mental.

3 hours ago, Fridge said:

But they are not our resources, they are the UK’s.

16 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I am claiming it would be highly debatable. 

So you’ve changed your mind in circa 2 hours? 

Maybe a simpler part of the matter wouldn’t be the operational agreements (for now) but the taxes going to Holyrood and not Westminster. 

Anyway you are shifting the goal posts, you’re clearly a unionist shill or an idiot. 

• Upvote 4
8 hours ago, Fridge said:

I’m not on either side of the independence argument to be honest it won’t make fuck all difference to my life.

But they are not our resources, they are the UK’s.

Maybe you could get an adult to read this for you.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Law-of-the-Sea#:~:text=According to the 1982 convention,innocent passage through this zone.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I’m not getting into an argument about it as I am an idiot and will need to get an adult to sense check it for me. There are clearly experts on here who know exactly how an intergovernmental framework would work regarding oil licences.

I will leave you all to your memes.

I know min.  Some of their attempted put downs are fuckin' pathetic.  Childish cunts.

49 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I’m not getting into an argument about it as I am an idiot and will need to get an adult to sense check it for me. There are clearly experts on here who know exactly how an intergovernmental framework would work regarding oil licences.

You're dealing with an expert on home bar systems and the Ukraine war mind....!

10 hours ago, Fridge said:

I am claiming it would be highly debatable. They would have to renegotiate licenses and the big boys are walking away from the North Sea as it is.

I think this is it Fridge; this is no different to just about anything else within the geographical territory of Scotland that would then need to become Scottish. The lawyers will sort it out.

It's a broadly similar argument to the big HQs that were placed in London to position themselves in the EU and the big financial centre; they then had a decision to make when Brexit happened.  But I think the only argument really revolves around where to position the frontier of the continental shelf.  The UK attempted to manipulate this years ago but it's a fairly open and shut case in territorial terms that they'd need to be Scottish unless rUK decides to "invade" or "occupy" the offshore installations.

2 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I think this is it Fridge; this is no different to just about anything else within the geographical territory of Scotland that would then need to become Scottish. The lawyers will sort it out.

It's a broadly similar argument to the big HQs that were placed in London to position themselves in the EU and the big financial centre; they then had a decision to make.  But I think the only argument really revolves around where to position the frontier of the continental shelf.  The UK attempted to manipulate this years ago but it's a fairly open and shut case in territorial terms that they'd need to be Scottish unless rUK decides to "invade" or "occupy" the offshore installations.

Don’t let common sense get in the way. No one says it will be completely simple there will be things to negotiate and iron out but it’s not a hard task or a lot of work in the scheme of things. 

Anyway £ at its lowest against the $ for about 30 years so everything is great guys. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Fridge said:

I think to be fair, Fridge, when you said "it's not going to affect my life" that was a bitty daft. 

I get that POV for a UK general election or council elections or even Holyrood elections, but the matter in independence will undoubtedly have an impact on your life. 

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I think to be fair, Fridge, when you said "it's not going to affect my life" that was a bitty daft. 

I get that POV for a UK general election or council elections or even Holyrood elections, but the matter in independence will undoubtedly have an impact on your life. 

Yeah I maybe did word that poorly, obviously it will have some impact. I suppose what I really meant was I couldn’t give a fuck and doubt very much my life would be better or worse fundamentally if we got independence or not.'

2 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Yeah I maybe did word that poorly, obviously it will have some impact. I suppose what I really meant was I couldn’t give a fuck and doubt very much my life would be better or worse fundamentally if we got independence or not.'

Considering what we know about you, owning successful businesses etc, you're quite right I'd say. That's not a reason not to vote for it though. 

2 hours ago, Fridge said:

Maybe you won't be affected but I'm sure Scotland can better itself when independent.

It's interesting how Westminster are panicking with the thought of us leaving this union that the are now ruling over us with an iron fist .

They are trying to change the voting percentage to make it near impossible for us to win.

That's not what I call equal partners .

• 2 weeks later...

If anything its made it stronger ffs ?

The wall to wall coverage of a bloody queue of absolute weirdos. Gads.

Sausage fingers getting all his massive inheritance without paying a penny of inheritance tax, while many folk in Scotland will be feart to put on the heating this winter

Her passing has conveniently taken the rise in energy prices off the news as well. Capped at 2.5k though, just up nearly treble on last year. ?

Come on now

• Upvote 1