What To Do With Old Computer Consoles

anderson72

Found a Sensible Software tv pluggy in thing with Megadrive controllers at the back of my cupboard yesterday. Battery powered, unfortunately no power socket but I don't care as it's the first time in nearly 20 years that I've played the godlike Sensible Soccer, and it's still got the 1992 Aberdeen team in it (with badly spelled names tho)

I've got that at home too.

I liked Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Bomb Jack and Rampage as a child.

Until the advent of consoles.

Haha yup a few beauties in that!

Is anyone old enough to remember the Binatone system that had the two dials?? We had that before the ZX81 then the Spectrum

1st console was the atari 2600.

My mate next door had the binatone thing. 4 in built games. Loved playing the tennis game on it.

Wish i'd kept all my consoles/computer systems. Emulators just aren't the same.

I've got that at home too.

I liked Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Bomb Jack and Rampage as a child.

Until the advent of consoles.

Consoles were massive before the speccy, commodore 64 etc were released.

There was a massive crash in '83 and the market crashed.. Mainly due to companies jumping on the bandwagon and producing shit systems. Atari were the Apple of the late 70s early 80s.

Haha yup a few beauties in that!

Is anyone old enough to remember the Binatone system that had the two dials?? We had that before the ZX81 then the Spectrum

My folks owned one of them. As a kid I found it in the attic and brought it downstairs, like Indiana Jones clutching one of the fabled Sankara stones.

It was thick with dust and reeked of age.

Everyone stood around "oohing" and "ahhing" as if I had discovered the Ark of the Covenant or something.

I tried to boot it up, but it didn't work, leading me to deduce it didn't run on electricity but must have worked using a mysterious alternate source of power, lost to mankind in the mists of time.

Note - at this point, I was packing a 32k BBC Micro (Model B), so it should be clear how antiquated the Binatone seemed to us flash-harrys ;)

My folks owned one of them. As a kid I found it in the attic and brought it downstairs, like Indiana Jones clutching one of the fabled Sankara stones.

It was thick with dust and reeked of age.

Everyone stood around "oohing" and "ahhing" as if I had discovered the Ark of the Covenant or something.

I tried to boot it up, but it didn't work, leading me to deduce it didn't run on electricity but must have worked using a mysterious alternate source of power, lost to mankind in the mists of time.

Note - at this point, I was packing a 32k BBC Micro (Model B), so it should be clear how antiquated the Binatone seemed to us flash-harrys ;)

Haha yeah no idea what happened to ours, think it did run off batteries but you could use one of those trusty power adapters too. I had one for my Astro Wars and my brothers Frogger.....very handy