Worth A Look?

6 hours ago, minijc said:

It's not a negativity towards Scottish players from me, I just don't get the huge fuss with Shinnie, his passing and decision making is poor, he has quite clearly lost some pace and the ability to get around the pitch. 

I would say that for every 1 good/great game he has, there's 4 or 5 stinkers but some of our fans can't have a single bad thing said against him, I'd also question his leadership over the course of this season, many a time we've lost a goal and he's one of the first to go missing.

MacKenzie has improved, I like him and happy to persist with him, mainly because he is turning 24, nae 24 and he isn't on a stupidly high wage.

Good to hear that about McKenzie, there are many who don’t rate him at all unfortunately.

It looks pretty clear to me that a lot of shinnies problems this season have come from Robsons shape. And not just him, it affected Clarkson and McGrath as well. 

19 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Good to hear that about McKenzie, there are many who don’t rate him at all unfortunately.

It looks pretty clear to me that a lot of shinnies problems this season have come from Robsons shape. And not just him, it affected Clarkson and McGrath as well. 

I would agree that the former managers tactics and shape exposed Shinnie, that doesn't excuse poor decision making and terrible passing though.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

God knows they are currently in the bottom half of the danish league if they end up going down it will be cheaper than what transfer market says , but the games I’ve seen him play he does stand out 

Jeeezus …..The Hat’s very own expert on the finances and transfer policy of a run of the mill Danish club.  

• Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

I know, been shouting about him since he was 16 2 year ago, when it wasn’t to late.

Aye we should have brought him in when Ferguson left. We wait too long domestically.  We're happy to take punts on countless players from abroad but reluctant to take calculated gambles on young players on our own doorstep. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

That lad Lyall Cameron looks like a bright prospect. Still only 21 and danced through our midfield in midweek. Worth a punt? 

Was the best player on the park in the second half of the earlier game at Pittodrie as well. 

I suspect he won't be cheap though as there will be others who have him on their radar by now. 

We need to get these guys earlier nowadays. We should be scouting teams in the u18 league in Scotland because once they hit the first team the English clubs start sniffing around for a relative bargain. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Was the best player on the park in the second half of the earlier game at Pittodrie as well. 

I suspect he won't be cheap though as there will be others who have him on their radar by now. 

We need to get these guys earlier nowadays. We should be scouting teams in the u18 league in Scotland because once they hit the first team the English clubs start sniffing around for a relative bargain. 

We will be doing that but even then that’s too late. Once they have signed pro terms it’s 100s of thousands. 

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd rather outlay £4/500k to Dundee for him than a Richardson, Morris etc.

That alao benefits Dundee and Scottish football.

• Upvote 1

We paid a few hundred grand for Ferguson when he was 18. That turned out fine.  Pity that didn't lead to more signings of that type. 

We need to be more decisive with our scouting in Scotland.  As soon as guys like the young Killie midfielder broke through when they were in the championship we should have been down there taking a look and making a decision. 

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

That lad Lyall Cameron looks like a bright prospect. Still only 21 and danced through our midfield in midweek. Worth a punt? 

Hearts had a really strong interest before he signed his contract extension. I'd imagine we still like him, also probably Luke McCowan. 

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Craig Goodwin. Not often I'd bump up an Australian player but can play wide and decent assists and goals record. Not someone we'd make money on given age, but would be good for a few years  

Didn’t he go to Saudi?