Worth A Look?

15 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

I thought the no 34 for St Johnstone last night had a great game in midfield and looked like he had a few qualities we lack in there. No idea who he is though or what he's been like more generally 

You'll be pleased when he signs then

There was one move where he received the ball in the middle of the park with two of our players breathing down on him and instead of passing the ball backwards (like 100% of the time our players do) he actually swivelled and left our players standing. Now that would be a novelty to watch now and again, because our team's first thoughts are run 10 yards, check, run backwards and repeat.

32 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

There was one move where he received the ball in the middle of the park with two of our players breathing down on him and instead of passing the ball backwards (like 100% of the time our players do) he actually swivelled and left our players standing. Now that would be a novelty to watch now and again, because our team's first thoughts are run 10 yards, check, run backwards and repeat.

We’ll soon coach that nonsense out of him!

• Haha 3
34 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

To be fair, Shinnie had a lovely wee move 2nd half between 2 midfielders that set him off on a run. Was a rare bit of exciting play from us, unfortunately ending in a sclaffed right foot shot 🤣

19 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

To be fair, Shinnie had a lovely wee move 2nd half between 2 midfielders that set him off on a run. Was a rare bit of exciting play from us, unfortunately ending in a sclaffed right foot shot 🤣

He really needs to retire.

Jani Atasanov? Vaguely remember his name being mentioned in the summer, wether that was an actual target or made up nonsense 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Defensive midfielder, Macedonian international, currently at Cracovia, sitting 3 points above the relegation spots in Poland. Although he might not be keen on swapping relegation fodder for relegation fodder.

Season is over. Other than trying to avoid LC groups next season & get one wee jolly round Europe next season before inevitable.

We should have blasted this window with real top quality loans in a desperate attempt to win the SC. The only possible salvation for season

8 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Biggest failing on Saturday was a lack of leadership/collapse at 1-0. Again, not solely on him, but Captain eh…

That's a good very good point Milne.

8 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

That's a bit unfair given the circumstances. By which I mean the fucking mental sub fest in the second half 

Perhaps but it seems to be a common theme with him now, at least he was good for the majority of the game until that point unlike in other games this season. 

24 minutes ago, minijc said:

Perhaps but it seems to be a common theme with him now, at least he was good for the majority of the game until that point unlike in other games this season. 

Would prefer a captain that turned up for whole game but failing that I would at least want him to show more when needed/chasing game rather than shrinking out of game then

• Like 1
3 hours ago, minijc said:

IMO he's being asked to do too much and things that have never been in his skillset.

Played a lot of the season as the most advanced midfielder. WTF?

Now he's part of the 2 in front of the back 4. That's exactly where he should be. But for some reason he's still marauding forward ahead of the other midfield. Barron can do that if needs be and would be much better at it than Shinnie.

Shinnie needs to sit in front of the back 4 only. Break up play, win fouls when under pressure, give the defence a passing option and recycle it to someone who's better with the ball. Play the majority of the game between our 18 yard box and the halfway line.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, minijc said:

In the second half aye, shame he's still had more bad games than good since his return.

Hasn’t the whole team?

If he has an ok game he gets put down as finished. Has to be outstanding otherwise criticised. 
I really don’t get the negativity towards the Scottish players. Same with McKenzie. He’s progressing and has good games but many want rid. 🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Hasn’t the whole team?

If he has an ok game he gets put down as finished. Has to be outstanding otherwise criticised. 
I really don’t get the negativity towards the Scottish players. Same with McKenzie. He’s progressing and has good games but many want rid. 🤷‍♂️

It's not a negativity towards Scottish players from me, I just don't get the huge fuss with Shinnie, his passing and decision making is poor, he has quite clearly lost some pace and the ability to get around the pitch. 

I would say that for every 1 good/great game he has, there's 4 or 5 stinkers but some of our fans can't have a single bad thing said against him, I'd also question his leadership over the course of this season, many a time we've lost a goal and he's one of the first to go missing.

MacKenzie has improved, I like him and happy to persist with him, mainly because he is turning 24, nae 24 and he isn't on a stupidly high wage.