Worth A Look?

6 minutes ago, Russell said:

I looked him up and saw he was Slovenian which led me to look up Sokler on Wikipedia which led me to find out Ester is a girl's name in Slovenia which I guess makes sense as it is very close to Esther.

I literally read the same this afternoon hahaha. 

Theo Bair - purple patch or genuine talent realising his potential?

Has all the physical attributes to be a real asset at this level and adding the goals to his game but some of his misses from the Dundee game (including the penalty) were dreadful. That said, he got a nice goal.

5 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

Theo Bair - purple patch or genuine talent realising his potential?

Has all the physical attributes to be a real asset at this level and adding the goals to his game but some of his misses from the Dundee game (including the penalty) were dreadful. That said, he got a nice goal.

Better than Gueye & Sokler.

Random selection of Scottish players currently in English Championship or EFL1 with SPL experience and current SPL players who have been in previous Scotland squads, all who are out of contract in Summer.  Any or these tickle your fancy?

- Greg Docherty (CM) Hull

- Liam Kelly (GK) Motherwell

- Jason Kerr (CB) Wigan

- Jamie Lindsay (CM) Rotherham

- Shaun Rooney (RB) Fleetwood

- Stephen O'Donnell (RB) Motherwell

- Jack Grimmer (RB) Wycombe

6 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Random selection of Scottish players currently in English Championship or EFL1 with SPL experience and current SPL players who have been in previous Scotland squads, all who are out of contract in Summer.  Any or these tickle your fancy?

- Greg Docherty (CM) Hull

- Liam Kelly (GK) Motherwell

- Jason Kerr (CB) Wigan

- Jamie Lindsay (CM) Rotherham

- Shaun Rooney (RB) Fleetwood

- Stephen O'Donnell (RB) Motherwell

- Jack Grimmer (RB) Wycombe

Docherty is a really good player. Wouldn't touch the rest.

I'd have taken Kelly this time last year but he's been horrifically bad this season so it's a no to him.

Jason Kerr seems to have recovered well from his cruciate injury. Hopefully we send Gartenmann back from whence he came, Kerr would be a decent replacement.

Docherty as a straight swap for the departing Barron would make sense

On 4/12/2024 at 9:33 AM, Ten Caat said:

I'd have taken Kelly this time last year but he's been horrifically bad this season so it's a no to him.

Jason Kerr seems to have recovered well from his cruciate injury. Hopefully we send Gartenmann back from whence he came, Kerr would be a decent replacement.

If the squad wasn’t such a shambles and needing another rebuilding I’d take Kelly as a backup. Yes he’s been poor this season but he’s better than Doohan since he can’t get a look in even against a shite Roos, would improve the squad depth and you’d like to this with real competition he’d improve 

2 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

If the squad wasn’t such a shambles and needing another rebuilding I’d take Kelly as a backup. Yes he’s been poor this season but he’s better than Doohan since he can’t get a look in even against a shite Roos, would improve the squad depth and you’d like to this with real competition he’d improve 

The money to lure him here to be a backup would be too high IMO. A backup should be an older keeper winding down and happy to take 2k a week to sit on the bench. Alexander and Cerny type. Spunking 4k a week per goalie to have 1 sit on the bench is pointless and the money can be used better for other areas.

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

The money to lure him here to be a backup would be too high IMO. A backup should be an older keeper winding down and happy to take 2k a week to sit on the bench. Alexander and Cerny type. Spunking 4k a week per goalie to have 1 sit on the bench is pointless and the money can be used better for other areas.

In the current situation of course but in an idea situation I’d much prefer the club having two keepers of a decent level so if one does start costing the team points like Roos the backup/rotation can step right in without a drop in quality

23 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

I’d argue why we even need a second experienced back up keeper. Go get a no1 and put a youth player on bench. Given how often in last 2 seasons our no2 has actually played anyway it seems a waste of a wage. Maybe the benefit is more so in training I’m not sure? 

Bring Archie Mair home. 

6 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’d argue why we even need a second experienced back up keeper. Go get a no1 and put a youth player on bench. Given how often in last 2 seasons our no2 has actually played anyway it seems a waste of a wage. Maybe the benefit is more so in training I’m not sure? 

Bring Archie Mair home. 

Then you've got no competition for the No1 which often result sin them becoming complacent as there's no challenge to their place in the side.

23 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

It worked out well with Hearts who had Zander Clark as a backup for Gordon.

Although I do agree, he’d cost too much and he’ll have better offers down south then to be our 2nd choice keeper.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:33 AM, Ten Caat said:

We were in for Kerr in January, so I’d be surprised if we don’t try again in summer.

Kelly is no better than Roos. No thanks

44 minutes ago, minijc said:

Then you've got no competition for the No1 which often result sin them becoming complacent as there's no challenge to their place in the side.

You have to pay the money then for a adequate no2, 1 that’s actually capable of playing. We should of kept the young lad and stuck him on bench as this guy has clearly been zero comp to Roos. Complete waste of a wage. Hasn’t he got another year too? 

5 minutes ago, slippers said:

You have to pay the money then for a adequate no2, 1 that’s actually capable of playing. We should of kept the young lad and stuck him on bench as this guy has clearly been zero comp to Roos. Complete waste of a wage. Hasn’t he got another year too? 

We needed him for the quota though, goalkeeper an easy spot to fill for those rules.

I'd be playing him in the remaining games, club have known Roos is away for a while now, lets actually see if he's any use.

• Upvote 1
On 4/14/2024 at 12:32 AM, Broken_Glass said:

With a Swedish manager coming in I would be very surprised if any of these guys were even considered as potential signings.

But we'll need some Scottish players for the home grown criteria when we qualify for Europe by winning the cup.