Worth A Look?

2 hours ago, Willo flood said:

Noticed Max Lowe is out of contract at the end of the season.

Haven’t followed him since he left Aberdeen so don’t know if he’s in our reach or not but could be worth a look.

He would have got a decent rise last summer when Sheffield got promoted up to the EPL. That sort of wage (in EPL terms it would still be seen as pretty crap) is well beyond our means. Of course they're going straight back down to the Championship and will need to cut their cloth accordingly despite getting a whopping great parachute payment in doing so. Lowe has only been used sparingly this season (8 matches is what I'm seeing, with only 3 starts) but did play a fair bit the previous season. Difficult to say if he will get a new contract there, relegation might help him in this regard although it seems very late to be without a new offer (that we know of anyway). Even if he's released, he'd surely pick up a contract at a lower end Championship team on money we just wouldn't be able to match. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

He would have got a decent rise last summer when Sheffield got promoted up to the EPL. That sort of wage (in EPL terms it would still be seen as pretty crap) is well beyond our means. Of course they're going straight back down to the Championship and will need to cut their cloth accordingly despite getting a whopping great parachute payment in doing so. Lowe has only been used sparingly this season (8 matches is what I'm seeing, with only 3 starts) but did play a fair bit the previous season. Difficult to say if he will get a new contract there, relegation might help him in this regard although it seems very late to be without a new offer (that we know of anyway). Even if he's released, he'd surely pick up a contract at a lower end Championship team on money we just wouldn't be able to match. 

You fucking LOVE wage chat. 

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Willo flood said:

Probably been mentioned a lot before but i’d definitely take Mitov for us next season.

If St Johnstone go down we will likely get him for pennies as well.

What about the boy on loan at Dundee United from Luton. Seems has potential 

4 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Probably not suited for Thelin’s system then. (Not that I know much about his system in the first place)

Seems to flit between 4-2-3-1 & 4-3-3 from what I’ve seen since we appointed him.

Style?  
I only know from what I’ve read, but from what I’ve read, we don’t have many players to suit his tactics.  
The main deficiency is a lack of genuine wingers 

I hope he’s already spoken to Chris Badlan to let him know what filters to put on his lap top 

34 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

That boy Hastie has just been released, ex Motherwell and Sevco winger.  If Thelin wants wingers could be a decent option?

27 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Also note Josh Doigs team in Italy potential relegation candidates. Maybe he wants to come home if they go down,  albeit probably couldn’t afford him. 

You’re off your head

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Chester Don said:

That boy Hastie has just been released, ex Motherwell and Sevco winger.  If Thelin wants wingers could be a decent option?

16 hours ago, Chester Don said:

Also note Josh Doigs team in Italy potential relegation candidates. Maybe he wants to come home if they go down,  albeit probably couldn’t afford him. 

Candidate for a strong dose of Deludamol right there. 

• Haha 1
On 5/1/2024 at 9:44 PM, Chester Don said:

Aye couple of good shouts there.

Jonathan Obika and Curtis Guthrie are out of contract also, options for Miovski replacement 

David De Gea is still without a club as well. Maybe could convince him to replace Roos.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

@Chester Don

Just a wee bit out of our price range 

Josh Doig could be set for a move to Lazio in the summer just six months after joining Sassuolo in a £5m deal, with the Scottish 21-year-old left-back's current side five points adrift at the bottom of Serie A with just four games left.

Hearts fan, playing for us, under Levein's nose, seen as not good enough for us and let go to Hibs, of all teams, but good enough for Lazio and Serie A.

Ta Levein.

• Dildo 1

Rotherham gk Viktor Johanson is leaving the club this summer has left cash at local pub for drinks for 600 fans to thank them,  

Wonder if he's on Jimmy's radar,  Swedish international, and one of the best keepers in the division.

14 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Rotherham gk Viktor Johanson is leaving the club this summer has left cash at local pub for drinks for 600 fans to thank them,  

Wonder if he's on Jimmy's radar,  Swedish international, and one of the best keepers in the division.

World class?

5 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Raphael Varane is going to be available too. Worth a look if Gartenmann isn't staying. Bit of a down grade, but we'd get by I think.

Has mbappe committed to any team as yet?