Worth A Look?

Three players I’d like us to be looking at are Greg Docherty, Allan Campbell and Kevin Nisbet. 

Docherty is OOC at Hull this summer, Campbell and Nisbet are still under contract so we would more likely be looking at loans for them.

All possibly unobtainable but all of a level above what we’ve had at times this season.

Just now, Willo flood said:

Wasn’t very impressed by that Phillips for St Johnstone today

Aye he looked slow today. Played much better last time we played them but we were particularly shite that day. 

We need someone energetic in there who can move the ball around quickly and dictate the pace of our play. He didn't look like the answer today. 

36 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Three players I’d like us to be looking at are Greg Docherty, Allan Campbell and Kevin Nisbet. 

Docherty is OOC at Hull this summer, Campbell and Nisbet are still under contract so we would more likely be looking at loans for them.

All possibly unobtainable but all of a level above what we’ve had at times this season.

Greg Docherty would be a great signing. 

I’m aware you can’t judge a player on one game but I thought the St J forward Mbunga Kimpioka (try making a song out of that one!) looked a handful yesterday.

Big, strong and fast. Looks to have the attributes for Thelin’s pressing game.

Can play as a winger and has only just turned 24…and he’s Swedish 🇸🇪

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Weir on the wing said:

I’m aware you can’t judge a player on one game but I thought the St J forward Mbunga Kimpioka (try making a song out of that one!) looked a handful yesterday.

Watched this guy yesterday and just KNEW someone would come away with this sort of statement. 🤦

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Watched this guy yesterday and just KNEW someone would come away with this sort of statement. 🤦

Then I’m glad you’ve not been left disappointed… but you must also have thought he had a decent game?😂

I’m not calling for us to sign him btw, he just stood out yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

Then I’m glad you’ve not been left disappointed… but you must also have thought he had a decent game?😂

I’m not calling for us to sign him btw, he just stood out yesterday.

Is that the lad who looked like a black baby giraffe? 

He looked decent.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

More often than not like that.

Someone has a decent game against us and some fans think he's the second coming and we should be in for him.

JET was signed by glass based in his games against us. Worked well

2 hours ago, Weir on the wing said:

Coudn't hit a coo on the arse with a banjo min. File alongside Nouble, Joel.

19 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Hayes played well against us. Shinnie played well against us. Mclean played well against us.

For every good one you're going to have a JET/Tansey/Main.

This is true of every signing at every club at every level of the game. 

It’s always going to be a punt. 50/50 statistically speaking, apparently.

Stevie May (topically) being one that immediately springs to mind. Cost good money, should have worked out, had a decent history in our league etc. But he was utter garbage from the off 🤷🏻‍♂️☹️

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Hayes played well against us. Shinnie played well against us. Mclean played well against us.

For every good one you're going to have a JET/Tansey/Main.

Yes they did. Consistently. Not just in one or two games. They also played well consistently across the rest of the season, against other teams. The likes of Main had a terrible scoring record the rest of the time.

the point is, we have people in here shouting for guys to be signed based purely on a good game against us, not their overall performance.