Worth A Look?

Kevin Nisbet “banished” from the Millwall first team squad. No idea if it’s poor discipline or a fall out with the manager. I’d imagine he’ll have plenty options down the road on 3x the salary we’d offer, but probably worth asking the question since Bojan is away. 

2 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

Harrison Burrows the Peterborough LB and captain. Out of contract this summer and if they don't get promoted, might be within our reach. That said, I'd kmagine championship clubs will be looking. 

Aye I mentioned him before. He's decent. Probably outwith our reach as you say though.

• Upvote 1
On 5/5/2024 at 1:00 PM, pittodriepie83 said:

Kevin Nisbet “banished” from the Millwall first team squad. No idea if it’s poor discipline or a fall out with the manager. I’d imagine he’ll have plenty options down the road on 3x the salary we’d offer, but probably worth asking the question since Bojan is away. 

Hibs were glad to see the back of him. A disruptive character who relishes confrontation. Good footballer but I’d not take him for that very reason. 

Obvious duk and Miovski will be away so will need 2 forwards, I would go for nisbitt on the cheap as they will be looking to get shot of him, my other, if possible, would be to sign bierith from (Arsenal-Motherwell-sturm graz on a free transfer)

Cormack needs to make a statement this year, try and break the monopoly. My idea is costly, but significant in terms of player quality.

Gk- get rid of the lot, go for Mitov and an unknown GK thelin knows about- positions filled.

LB- McKenzie is a decent sub but not 1st team amazing quality, buy in Beck for starting position

RB- devlin, same as McKenzie, good sub RB but not the quality we desire, I personally would try and go for Ramsay, his English project has died on its arse, bring him home.

LCB- unfortunately Jenson has years left on his contract but could do a job as reserve LCB, Again, bring him home, McKenna seems to have fallen out a bit with the Copenhagen manager and has had fall outs at forest as well, monster of a defender.

RCB- ruby and Angus can do a job but would try for pollock on a free as an upgrade for the aging McDonald.

CM- this is the costly bit in terms of hard cash, obviously Barron leaving and shinnie not quite up to it anymore but a good sub to have, I would buy the young Dundee boy Cameron, the killie boy Watson and Motherwell miller, an outlay yes, but buying up the best youngsters in our league is something we should always look to do, that adds in polvara for a very strong midfield quartet with strong resale value, frees up Clarkson and McGrath for the CAM role.

LW-I would keep hoilet and thelin could add in a good prospect he knows about.

RW-we have nobody, need 2, couldn’t even think of one that’s realistic so hopefully thelin would know of a couple.

ST- Clear that miovski unfortunately won’t be here IMO, neither will Duk, so on that note, we will have bavidge coming through, could stick with Gueye if he starts playing better, if not another thelin jem from scandanavia, along with Nisbitt, another decent striker we could get on the cheap as back up and go for Bielik who had a fantastic season both with Motherwell (something like 7goals 5 assists in the first ten games for them, or  title chasing sturm graz in Austria, his deal runs out with Arsenal so wages would have to be high on him, think he will go for a lot of money though so speculate to accumulate.

get rid of the dross like Richardson and morris etc, would be a good foundation of a team to work around and with a world class manager in thelin, you never know, title winners.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Cormack needs to make a statement this year, try and break the monopoly. My idea is costly, but significant in terms of player quality.

Gk- get rid of the lot, go for Mitov and an unknown GK thelin knows about- positions filled.

LB- McKenzie is a decent sub but not 1st team amazing quality, buy in Beck for starting position

RB- devlin, same as McKenzie, good sub RB but not the quality we desire, I personally would try and go for Ramsay, his English project has died on its arse, bring him home.

LCB- unfortunately Jenson has years left on his contract but could do a job as reserve LCB, Again, bring him home, McKenna seems to have fallen out a bit with the Copenhagen manager and has had fall outs at forest as well, monster of a defender.

RCB- ruby and Angus can do a job but would try for pollock on a free as an upgrade for the aging McDonald.

CM- this is the costly bit in terms of hard cash, obviously Barron leaving and shinnie not quite up to it anymore but a good sub to have, I would buy the young Dundee boy Cameron, the killie boy Watson and Motherwell miller, an outlay yes, but buying up the best youngsters in our league is something we should always look to do, that adds in polvara for a very strong midfield quartet with strong resale value, frees up Clarkson and McGrath for the CAM role.

RW-we have nobody, need 2, couldn’t even think of one that’s realistic so hopefully thelin would know of a couple.

ST- Clear that miovski unfortunately won’t be here IMO, neither will Duk, so on that note, we will have bavidge coming through, could stick with Gueye if he starts playing better, if not another thelin jem from scandanavia, along with Nisbitt, another decent striker we could get on the cheap as back up and go for Bielik who had a fantastic season both with Motherwell (something like 7goals 5 assists in the first ten games for them, or  title chasing sturm graz in Austria, his deal runs out with Arsenal so wages would have to be high on him, think he will go for a lot of money though so speculate to accumulate.

get rid of the dross like Richardson and morris etc, would be a good foundation of a team to work around and with a world class manager in thelin, you never know, title winners.

I like the Mitov idea.

Signing one of the 3 scottish youngsters could be a go-er.

McKenna and Beck are unrealistic.

I'm not convinced Biereth is out of contract

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I like the Mitov idea.

Signing one of the 3 scottish youngsters could be a go-er.

McKenna and Beck are unrealistic.

I'm not convinced Biereth is out of contract

Year left on biereth has 1 year left, bastard, aye he’s out, not sure about beck, won’t go any further with Liverpool like Clarkson and perhaps could be persuaded, more likely championship club given wages etc

12 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Good ideas but unfortunately I think the vast majority are probably already out of our reach. Liverpool wouldn't sell Beck to Celtic permanently because of how highly they rate him. 

Cameron, Miller and Watson would likely cost well upwards of £1m each. That's not realistic for a club our size. Especially with no European money this year. 

I do think we'll spend a record amount this year and could possibly see 1 of the 3 midfielders you suggested coming in. We'll be raiding the Swedish market this year. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Good ideas but unfortunately I think the vast majority are probably already out of our reach. Liverpool wouldn't sell Beck to Celtic permanently because of how highly they rate him. 

Cameron, Miller and Watson would likely cost well upwards of £1m each. That's not realistic for a club our size. Especially with no European money this year. 

I do think we'll spend a record amount this year and could possibly see 1 of the 3 midfielders you suggested coming in. We'll be raiding the Swedish market this year. 

Sadly I know, ships sailed for a lot of them to be honest, but if we can get to a team of that level il be chuffed, shame though, we probably all knew about miller and Watson last year and could have moved and not been priced out then, (we moved really quickly for ferguson at Hamilton before he got out our price range, hopefully when settled with a manager we can start making moves like these again, another one was max johnson from Motherwell, who burrows knew very well, was in the market for a RB and sturm graz got him. Maybe we tried but it’s these type of signings we should be all over.

13 hours ago, Dons79 said:

You playing with house money? 

30 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You playing with house money? 

We have got to try surely at some point, if we don’t, who will?, would rather leave a legacy and be written in history books than leaving big fat dough to pluky wee teens that’ll blow the money in mere years. 

so in reflection 

fuck your relatives Dave

Be famous instead.

On 5/7/2024 at 7:34 PM, Dons79 said:

Lennon Miller had plenty of options to move but made the correct choice to stay put at Motherwell and play games each week. He’s not going to come to us sadly. 
Be amazing if we did go big this summer, if only ! 

On 5/8/2024 at 8:14 AM, AyrshireSheep said:

Cameron wouldn't cost £1m. Dundee just posted losses of a few million for the last year, have that pathetic pitch to replace and have no European money to cover the shortfall. Half that amount would probably do it. Same probably goes for the other lad McCowan there who looks alright as well.

We've missed the boat on getting Lennon and Watson within our price range though. Need to be making a play for them just as they are breaking into the first team like Fergie was at Hamilton, not a season after they've already made a name for themselves.

38 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Cameron wouldn't cost £1m. Dundee just posted losses of a few million for the last year, have that pathetic pitch to replace and have no European money to cover the shortfall. Half that amount would probably do it. Same probably goes for the other lad McCowan there who looks alright as well.

We've missed the boat on getting Lennon and Watson within our price range though. Need to be making a play for them just as they are breaking into the first team like Fergie was at Hamilton, not a season after they've already made a name for themselves.

These EFL1 clubs would gamble at £1 million it’s small money to them. And likely it would be made up of appearances etc. 

Ask Luton if we can buy/loan Allan Campbell. Last I looked he was on subs bench at Millwall. Millwall ffs, he should have been knocking on the door of the Scotland squad. Luton relegated so they will reorganise, he might be surplus.

Man U having a clear out, any players in our wage range, reserves obviously.

Celtic got some decent Japanese players, any in our price bracket? 

14 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Ask Luton if we can buy/loan Allan Campbell. Last I looked he was on subs bench at Millwall. Millwall ffs, he should have been knocking on the door of the Scotland squad. Luton relegated so they will reorganise, he might be surplus.

Man U having a clear out, any players in our wage range, reserves obviously.

Celtic got some decent Japanese players, any in our price bracket? 

Man U having a clear out

LOL - I don’t think we need concern ourselves with that.