We hate Jimmy Hill

Suspect Device

People have been shouting abuse and discriminating at football matches since time immemorial.

I can't see how the FA is going to stop that - the Premiership is sanitised enough as it is and I doubt the FA will be able to influence the lower leagues.

Just as well the FA has no jurisdiction in Scotland. The SFA has to deal with sectarianism first before they arrest people for calling each other wooly-woofters or singing "whos the poofter in the pink".

that will include home chanting aswell in this case. I only know the liverpool songs coz of my bird but they too will get stopped at this rate:

hes BIG

hes red

his feet stick out the bed

hes peter crouch

thats making fun of how tall he is....stop singing!!

luis garica

he DRINKS SANGRIA

he came from bara, to bring us joy

HES 4 FOOT 7

and football heaven

not only is it racist coz it says since hes spanish he must drink sangria but it also takes the piss of his small stature...stop singing!!!

Steve Gerrard Gerrard

hell pass the ball 40 yards

HES BIG AND HES FOOKIN HARD

steve gerrard gerrard

thats slander surely, implying hes a thug and therefore part of the english hooligan system....stop singing!!!

its so stupid what this world is comin to!!!

that will include home chanting aswell in this case. I only know the liverpool songs coz of my bird but they too will get stopped at this rate:

hes BIG

hes red

his feet stick out the bed

hes peter crouch

thats making fun of how tall he is....stop singing!!

luis garica

he DRINKS SANGRIA

he came from bara, to bring us joy

HES 4 FOOT 7

and football heaven

not only is it racist coz it says since hes spanish he must drink sangria but it also takes the piss of his small stature...stop singing!!!

Steve Gerrard Gerrard

hell pass the ball 40 yards

HES BIG AND HES FOOKIN HARD

steve gerrard gerrard

thats slander surely, implying hes a thug and therefore part of the english hooligan system....stop singing!!!

its so stupid what this world is comin to!!!

jimmy hill, eh?

ye can get pickles oot o jar wi that chin

:)

Who are actually known as the gay players, you never really here much about it.

My knowledge:

Novo - married i believe - so thats sh*te for a start

Durrant :)

Gutti of Madrid - thats confirmed

Gillhaus - widely known

According to Wikipedia, "Guti is married and has also recently became a father".

No mention of Hans Gillhaus' family (or lack thereof) on Wikipedia.

Justin Fashanu is the only openly gay professional footballer I've ever heard of, and it killed him, so don't expect there to be many more any time soon.

According to Wikipedia, "Guti is married and has also recently became a father".

No mention of Hans Gillhaus' family (or lack thereof) on Wikipedia.

Justin Fashanu is the only openly gay professional footballer I've ever heard of, and it killed him, so don't expect there to be many more any time soon.

I remember one of the RRR saying ages ago, that Willen van der Ark told them that Gillhaus has children.

Who are actually known as the gay players, you never really here much about it.

My knowledge:

Novo - married i believe - so thats sh*te for a start

Durrant :laughing:

Gutti of Madrid - thats confirmed

Gillhaus - widely known

Matty Taylor @ Portsmouth

Darren Ambrose @ Charlton

..... are both (alledgedly) gay. Not sure about Matty Taylor, but when I lived in Newcastle I quickly realised it was fairly common knowledge that Ambrose was playing for the team, so to speak.

Matty Taylor @ Portsmouth

Darren Ambrose @ Charlton

..... are both (alledgedly) gay. Not sure about Matty Taylor, but when I lived in Newcastle I quickly realised it was fairly common knowledge that Ambrose was playing for the team, so to speak.

He denied on skysports.com a couple of years ago that he was romantically involved with Will Young.

So can you get arrested for 'homophobic behaviour' if the player is either straight or denying his gayness?

i.e

Fan: CLARK YOU f*cking POOF - put a tackle in for once

Plod: You're nicked - 'homophobic chanting'

Fan: But he's not gay

Plod: ??

So if it goes to court would you be able to call the player in question to deny being gay, and therefore prove that you couldn't be shouting homophobic abuse? :rolleyes:

So if it goes to court would you be able to call the player in question to deny being gay, and therefore prove that you couldn't be shouting homophobic abuse? :rolleyes:

If he is gay, then you'd be alright, for calling him a 'f*cking poof' would just be telling the truth. If he isn't gay, then you're using using the word 'poof' in a derogatory sense, which I believe therefore is homophobic. So you lose. I think.

If he is gay, then you'd be alright, for calling him a 'f*cking poof' would just be telling the truth. If he isn't gay, then you're using using the word 'poof' in a derogatory sense, which I believe therefore is homophobic. So you lose. I think.

would it not be the other way round??

calling a homosexual a 'f*cking poof' = homophobic

calling a heterosexual a 'f*cking poof' = can't be homophobic 'cos he's not a homo

can't see how it could ever work

would it not be the other way round??

calling a homosexual a 'f*cking poof' = homophobic

calling a heterosexual a 'f*cking poof' = can't be homophobic 'cos he's not a homo

can't see how it could ever work

It all depends on the way you interpret it I suppose. It also depends on who's saying it as well - like one gay man is allowed to call another gay man a 'poof' (so I've heard), whereas for a straight man to say it is usually going to meant in a derogatory way. So in theory you could call a gay man a 'f*cking poof' and it wouldn't necessarily be homophobic.

Using the phrase 'f*cking poof' as an insult against a straight man is implying you see gay people as inferior, ergo it is homophobic.

It all depends on the way you interpret it I suppose. It also depends on who's saying it as well - like one gay man is allowed to call another gay man a 'poof' (so I've heard), whereas for a straight man to say it is usually going to meant in a derogatory way. So in theory you could call a gay man a 'f*cking poof' and it wouldn't necessarily be homophobic.

Using the phrase 'f*cking poof' as an insult against a straight man is implying you see gay people as inferior, ergo it is homophobic.

True, i suppose you could argue that it would be homophobic against gay people in general, rather than the specific person that was called a poof

can't see it standing up in court!

Archived