Will Christie Sign?

• Site Sponsor

All in all he's been a good signing. He's a good spl player who's gone off the boil a little lately but he'll come good again.

Talk of Ali Crawford being a better player is delusional.

Agree with this.

Christie has been a decent player for us albeit his form has tailed off.

Crawford is a decent player in a shit Hamilton side but he's no more than that.

No way is he a better player than Christie.

Christie is not good enough to break into the Celtic team. Would be happy to sign him but not at the price that Celtic think he is worth. He will disappear down south and after a couple of years will appear back in Scotland with Inverness or some other pish. A good player in there but not the best attitude. Shame.

I also agree that on the whole he's been a decent signing, but there is no disputing that his performances have tailed off recenctly.

McInnes made mention of it in his recent press conference, stating that the amount of games Christie has played has contributed towards his performances dipping.

It's a weird one as you would think playing week in week out would contribute towards better performances.

For what it's worth i don't think he'll break into Celtics first team and could find himself away in August.

Celtic are going to have to replace Roberts and potentially Rogic and Armstrong and i don't see Christie as being the one to replace any of them.

Signing a player on loan from Celtic who can't play against them is a naive move anyway. Yes I know that there's 34 other games in the league, and apart from developing one of theirs, as we know all too well, mixing up the team just fucks things up. That DMc season we played with a hardly unchanged team (his first ?) was some of the most consistent football we ever played. Sign players from down south if you have to, but for us anyway, signing loanees from them just doesn't do it for me.

Start of the season he was probably our best performer.

Superb at times. Following on from his excellent performances of the previous season.

Last few months. Gads.

Fucking woeful.

It's clear there is a fantastic talent there.

Does he have mental issues that prevent us getting the best out of him?

Or is it bad management, as he clearly is a far better player in his optimum position (don't even ask) as opposed to being fucked about being forced to play on the wing?

Such lack of consideration for his obvious abilities may have affected his attitude. It (his attitude) does appear to have deteriorated towards the end of the season.

He's a great player. I'd rather have him than not.

But not if we are getting the player of the last dozen or so games.

Difficult one.

Poor man management from Mcbottler + Ryan isn’t all that.

Ball (or somebody that’s no Shinnie) McLean with Christie in front of them works.

Instead we have Christie on the wing with O’Connor and Shinnie in midfield.

And we wonder why we struggle to create. Ffs

He was ace in the European games. Gone downhill a fair bit since.

Or he was one of the few that was up to speed for the euro games & the rest were basically shite.

Latterly the rest caught up as the season went on.

Christie is great sometimes. A real game changer. That sometimes is maybe one in half dozen & more often than not against lesser sides.

Can be great & will no doubt haunt us next season at whichever other club he's loaned to.