Welcome Home, Kari

• 1 month later...

Glad to see he's actually fit. Plenty of rumours lately of injuries and such like.

From what I can see he is absolutely strolling through the match. His distribution and tackling has been good and he is getting up the pitch for all the set pieces. His movement sometimes looks lazy, but his positional sense is good and he is not slow in shouting at his team mates when they mess up. Judging by this it should not be long before he features regularly in our first team line up.

From what I can see he is absolutely strolling through the match. His distribution and tackling has been good and he is getting up the pitch for all the set pieces. His movement sometimes looks lazy, but his positional sense is good and he is not slow in shouting at his team mates when they mess up. Judging by this it should not be long before he features regularly in our first team line up.

Hmmm, strange one. Can only be good news for us though.

The above points regarding his positional sense and his communication with team mates is why I think he would be good for AOC as Reynolds does absolutely none of these things

The above points regarding his positional sense and his communication with team mates is why I think he would be good for AOC as Reynolds does absolutely none of these things

Hmmm, strange one. Can only be good news for us though.

If Derek doesn't play him soon then it can only be for one of two reasons. Either he has not showed up well in training or as some here have argued it was not his signing. As you say RAZOR it is a strange one indeed.

I just can't believe that they'd have signed a player without Derek's consent, blessing and/or instruction. We finally have a manager who is taking the club in the right direction and by all accounts has a good relationship with the chairman/board, someone who came at least reasonably close to leaving in the summer and then they go and do something like that? Stranger things have happened though, right enough.

I just can't believe that they'd have signed a player without Derek's consent, blessing and/or instruction. We finally have a manager who is taking the club in the right direction and by all accounts has a good relationship with the chairman/board, someone who came at least reasonably close to leaving in the summer and then they go and do something like that? Stranger things have happened though, right enough.

There is no way they spent half the summer persuading the manager stay to then sign a player without his blessing.

The whole buzz about him signing - he even mentioned the 'pressure it puts' on him on his redtv interview; almost felt like the fans forced that through - we made him feel wanted...all the hallmarks of something exciting about to happen,

I just want to live out the thoughts of possibility in my head; i.e. he plays blinders every week and scores winners against the tims huns jambos hibees who fucking ever.

I didn't want him. Stated several times on this very thread while everyone else thought some kind of prodigal son was coming home.

He doesn't get a game for us because he's shite.i knew he was shite.

Most players from the second division in Malta wouldn't be good enough for Aberdeen, so why would this one be?

As per normal, I am correct and on the money, most posters cannot see the obvious.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It would be a really odd signing if he doesn't play at all.

Maybe,as some have suggested,he isn't impressing in training.

I wonder though,4 wins out of 4, and despite looking shakey,Deek doesn't want to change things at the back.I'm sure Reynolds confidence isna great as it is,so dropping him from a team with 4 wins on the bounce would be even worse for him.If Arnason comes in,and disna cut it/gets injured,then what?

It would be a really odd signing if he doesn't play at all.

Maybe,as some have suggested,he isn't impressing in training.

I wonder though,4 wins out of 4, and despite looking shakey,Deek doesn't want to change things at the back.I'm sure Reynolds confidence isna great as it is,so dropping him from a team with 4 wins on the bounce would be even worse for him.If Arnason comes in,and disna cut it/gets injured,then what?

Reynolds was dropped for the Partick game, so that's not an issue.

Is it that far fetched to think he wasn't a McInnes signing? The club have been banging on about season tickets and there was a fair bit of excitement amongst the supporters about him possibly signing. Milne could have told Deek that although Arnason wasn't a target it would shift a few more tickets/get folk interested, a one year deal so not going to take up a wage that might be needed elsewhere next season.

Just a thought though.

I didn't want him. Stated several times on this very thread while everyone else thought some kind of prodigal son was coming home.

He doesn't get a game for us because he's shite.i knew he was shite.

Most players from the second division in Malta wouldn't be good enough for Aberdeen, so why would this one be?

As per normal, I am correct and on the money, most posters cannot see the obvious.

Football is all about opinion. You think he is shite, but a significant amount of Dons fans do not share your view on Kari. If he was the managers signing, which seems to be debatable, then he clearly sees him as having a significant role in the heart of our defence. Young O'Connor and Ball are both bright prospects, but they need an experienced head to guide them through games and sometimes bawl them out when they need it. As Reynolds does not seem to be a natural leader then Arnason should fit the bill. My own view is that Derek is not playing him as he wants a 100% fit player before selecting him on a regular basis. His performance in last nights international showed he is getting there and hopefully he will be the mainstay of our defence before too long. Time as usual will tell.

Is it that far fetched to think he wasn't a McInnes signing? The club have been banging on about season tickets and there was a fair bit of excitement amongst the supporters about him possibly signing. Milne could have told Deek that although Arnason wasn't a target it would shift a few more tickets/get folk interested, a one year deal so not going to take up a wage that might be needed elsewhere next season.

Just a thought though.

Far fetched...just a thought, though.

As many have said, nobody comes in or out without McInness say so (unless a player wants to leave obviously). This is fact.

The Arnason deal was through McInness but it wasn't done with the confidence of a 'marquee signing' (this is what I was getting at originally). That should be obvious to everyone now.

I think that a lot of fans got more than a little bit over excited at the return of Arnason, maybe because they thought he was miles better than what we already had in defence. Not realising he was nothing more than a squad filler. So now things don't add up for them.

McInnes has commented about Kari Arnason's lack of fitness and that he's a few weeks behind the rest of the squad. In fairness he is also 34 years old and the team is now light years ahead of what it previously was during his first stint with us. He may be struggling in training. I'm more intrigued to see how Ball gets on as he seems to be a decent prospect.