Welcome Home, Kari

Football is all about opinion. You think he is shite, but a significant amount of Dons fans do not share your view on Kari. If he was the managers signing, which seems to be debatable, then he clearly sees him as having a significant role in the heart of our defence. Young O'Connor and Ball are both bright prospects, but they need an experienced head to guide them through games and sometimes bawl them out when they need it. As Reynolds does not seem to be a natural leader then Arnason should fit the bill. My own view is that Derek is not playing him as he wants a 100% fit player before selecting him on a regular basis. His performance in last nights international showed he is getting there and hopefully he will be the mainstay of our defence before too long. Time as usual will tell.

You are correct, time will tell and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Its the gullibility of some which irks somewhat...

There's a poster a couple pages back must be the naivest person world falling for a soundbite; 'Kari always looked out for the Aberdeen score after leaving the club..'

Of course he did! It was the one that got away, the pinnacle of his journeyman low level career.

If I may be so bold to offer a similiar example to highlight my point:

I used to go out with a stunner (female), punching well above my weight. I fucked it right up by getting wanked off on the bowling green by a run-of the-mill Mong (female). A rush of blood to the head, just as Kari had leaving us for Rotherham.

The looker (female) quite rightly dumped me, but I kept tabs on her (female) just as Kari did with AFC.

It's the same principal.

There's a poster a couple pages back must be the naivest person world falling for a soundbite; 'Kari always looked out for the Aberdeen score after leaving the club..'

Of course he did! It was the one that got away, the pinnacle of his journeyman low level career.

I used to go out with a stunner (female), punching well above my weight. I fucked it right up by getting wanked off on the bowling green by a run-of the-mill Mong (female). A rush of blood to the head, just as Kari had leaving us for Rotherham.

The looker (female) quite rightly dumped me, but I kept tabs on her (female) just as Kari did with AFC.

It's the same principal.

You wanked Arnason off? Is that why he left? I didn't know you were a bowler.

I can assure you this is exactly what happened.

McInnes missed out on 1 target and the club went for Kari.

Mcinnes likes to meet all new signings before they sign... that didn't happen with Kari.

That's not quite right though, is it?

McInnes did miss out on 1 ( or 2 ) before Arnason and has missed out on 1 or 2 targets since. It's also correct that the club were contacted about signing him, we all know that but not without McInness knowledge. He could have refused....He didn't. This is fact.

McInnes has not met with all of his previous signings before they signed.

The fact is that Arnason was signed as an eager squad filler and not the super star signing that lots of fans fell for. End of story. I wish I hadn't brought it up.

It's the same principal.

1. Did you make a glorious comeback (no pun intended) like Kari?

2. Did you find out which Auld mannies bowls rolled through your spunk?

Worth noting that McInnes claims (on what feels like a weekly basis) that you might not play yourself into the first XI in training, but you can certainly train your way out of it. IF he's not putting in the effort then he won't play.

McInnes was also burned when he tried too many new faces last season. Our fortunes turned when he played a more familiar line up. We've had a significant turnover of players compared to any other year. If he rates Arnason, he's most likely biding his time.

I don't necessarily agree with the 'not his signing' shouts, but I did find it weird that McInnes didn't give a statement to Red Tv/the website at the time.

Worth noting that McInnes claims (on what feels like a weekly basis) that you might not play yourself into the first XI in training, but you can certainly train your way out of it. IF he's not putting in the effort then he won't play.

McInnes was also burned when he tried too many new faces last season. Our fortunes turned when he played a more familiar line up. We've had a significant turnover of players compared to any other year. If he rates Arnason, he's most likely biding his time.

I don't necessarily agree with the 'not his signing' shouts, but I did find it weird that McInnes didn't give a statement to Red Tv/the website at the time.

I remember reading folk saying this at the time - but pretty sure I did watch a RedTV interview about Arnason signing?

There was an interview with Kari. Don't remember anything from McInnes aside from a couple of lines from Docherty in the build up to one of the games.

You could be right Bobo, I won't swear to it and can't be bother checking, I just thought I saw something on there.

I must admit I find a lot of the stuff on RedTV to be pretty boring and follow that closely whats published.

Either way, I am still puzzled by Arnason's non appearance i the team.

How do you people know arneson is not putting out at training. Mcinnes got rid of miles storey who was going great at Inverness He comes to Aberdeen he hardly gets a game Reason they say or the super supporters say is his attitude in training He sits on the bench hardly gets a game. Mcinnes now has arneson as number 1 bench warmer. What goes on at Aberdeen football club. No one knows Just the rumour mongers on this chatter box. Arneson is picked for Iceland if he has a great game tonight and still doesn't fit in with Mcinnes something else is going on behind the scenes.

• Downvote 4

Arni played the whole game for Iceland on Saturday, they lost away to Finland, 1-0

Highlights:

https://youtu.be/yoqT7XbfDgU

Not finding any player ratings for the game, so not sure how much that tells us, other than, the coaches for an International team, who recently qualified for a tournament and beat England and have more points than Scotland in their qualifying so far, think he is fit to play.

Watched the Iceland game and big arnie strolled it. Still looks more than capable of playing at a good level. Composed on the ball always looking to make forward passes from the back. These two games will only help him get ready for coming back to us.

There's nothing wrong with him at all. Reynolds/Considine especially would have been torn apart by that team. No excuse, except McInnes and his trusted failures, who don't get dropped if they have a bad game.

How do you people know arneson is not putting out at training. Mcinnes got rid of miles storey who was going great at Inverness He comes to Aberdeen he hardly gets a game Reason they say or the super supporters say is his attitude in training He sits on the bench hardly gets a game. Mcinnes now has arneson as number 1 bench warmer. What goes on at Aberdeen football club. No one knows Just the rumour mongers on this chatter box. Arneson is picked for Iceland if he has a great game tonight and still doesn't fit in with Mcinnes something else is going on behind the scenes.

Piss poor argument, as per.

ICT are shite and are now where they belong. Storey was ok with them and he will probably do ok with Thistle who are shite also.

The Dons squad is a huge step up and he couldn't manage it although he had plenty chances. That's not the managers fault ffs, get a grip. The only comparison to be made between these two players is that they were both signed as squad fillers (was, in storeys case).