Scott Mckenna

Haha aye, the wee six feet dwarf, who is Danish and answers to the surname Sviatchenko. Apart from that I get the drift.

Cheers Perthshire. The key bit is the boy was ideal for our purposes for the reasons stated. We dont have him. Probably fair to say we couldnt afford him. We move on. Everything else is chat. Geography schmography. And relative to Simunovic and the two deeply tanned chaps beside him he was the wee lad.

Folk then say as if we will get 8 million for him.

Why not? I want a piece of the pie for my club.

Players are going for 200 million in this day and age, so 8 million is not a lot yo ask for.

Nurture another centre half at the club and get 8 million for McKenna. Sorted.

Matt Richie and Ross Mcormack have both gone for £12M in the Champioship.

The money down there is ridiculous.

McKennas stock,if he carries on his meteoric rise and is a regular for Scotland will see us able to ask ridiculous money for him

Folk then say as if we will get 8 million for him.

Why not? I want a piece of the pie for my club.

Players are going for 200 million in this day and age, so 8 million is not a lot yo ask for.

Nurture another centre half at the club and get 8 million for McKenna. Sorted.

Matt Richie and Ross Mcormack have both gone for £12M in the Champioship.

The money down there is ridiculous.

McKennas stock,if he carries on his meteoric rise and is a regular for Scotland will see us able to ask ridiculous money for him

Not really.

We're not Man U etc. When a good bid comes in for a player we have to consider it and if its good enough, accept it.

Taking youngsters through, giving them experience and selling them to idiots with money in Englandshire is what we should be about. Its probably the best way to be able to get enough funds in the seriously challenge every season.

I tend to disagree in general. Clubs in Scotland that have stated their ambition is to sell players have generally either been relegated or got stuck in the bottom 6 quickly enough. Obviously a seriously high bid would be a different story but in general I think a policy of keeping our better players for as long as possible is the best option.

No pressure on either guy next season then after being compared to that two.

Just an example of a complementary CH partnership. One a win everything in the air while physically dominating - McKenna. The other being the one that plays out from the back and talks the defence through the game - Devlin, hopefully.

I tend to disagree in general. Clubs in Scotland that have stated their ambition is to sell players have generally either been relegated or got stuck in the bottom 6 quickly enough. Obviously a seriously high bid would be a different story but in general I think a policy of keeping our better players for as long as possible is the best option.

Yup. It hasn't worked for anyone. Look what happened to Dundee United and Hibs when they went down that route.

Keep our best players and only sell when it's right for us.

That's because they sold the lot at once.

Of course we want to keep our best players but we also have to be realistic.

We probably kept hold of McLean because any offer for him at the end of last season wouldn't have been enough to replace with someone just as capable in the SPFL so it's not worth selling him. Roberto says £8m+ for McKenna, I don't think that's unrealistic next summer if he has another season like his last one and keeps improving. We could buy a defender more than capable of playing in our league and invest in others as well with that sort of cash, it could make us better, not worse.

Dundee Utd used the money they raised to pay off debts.

Hibs spent it on their stadium/facilities.

Could make a huge difference to the club if we carefully reinvested in the squad and bought good young players.

Unfortunately we do have a new stadium to pay for. You'd hope that any sizeable windfall from a sale would be partially reinvested in the squad though.

Better team on the pitch = more ppl interested in going to games so more money coming in the long term

Better team on the pitch means more chance of progressing in Europe. Where the real money is in the long term. Even with an extra 5,000 fans at every home game we'd only make about £2 million quid per season. Getting to Europa League gets you £3 million in the bank as a starter for 10...

• 1 month later...

Hobo Devlin Consi Shinnie has to be the stick on back 4.

Defensive cover from probably Ball in front (swap with Hobo once Shay's back). Gleason was a bit meh for me but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he's new.

Leaves 5.

Ferguson has to continue. Mcginn and GMS should give us width if somebody ever thought that going quickly wide might just be a good fucking idea particularly when the hun opposition put five men directly in front of you that you could chuck a blanket over. Leaves 2. Anderson should be given a chance but unlike Wright, don't flog him if its clearly not working for him.

In the absence of a new signing who's going to be best placed to give Anderson something to feed off bearing in mind its fucking Dundee.

Probably has to be Cosgrove. Unless we want to go Dad-tastic and play a front four of GMS, Anderson, Wright and Mcginn.

Hobo Devlin Consi Shinnie has to be the stick on back 4.

Defensive cover from probably Ball in front (swap with Hobo once Shay's back). Gleason was a bit meh for me but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he's new.

Leaves 5.

Ferguson has to continue. Mcginn and GMS should give us width if somebody ever thought that going quickly wide might just be a good fucking idea particularly when the hun opposition put five men directly in front of you that you could chuck a blanket over. Leaves 2. Anderson should be given a chance but unlike Wright, don't flog him if its clearly not working for him.

In the absence of a new signing who's going to be best placed to give Anderson something to feed off bearing in mind its fucking Dundee.

Probably has to be Cosgrove. Unless we want to go Dad-tastic and play a front four of GMS, Anderson, Wright and Mcginn.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...