Scott Mckenna

Great words about his Ayr experience too as I have read a few Ayr fans mention that they can't believe how good he's become having watched him.

Some players are better suited to a higher level.

Wonder what full time players do whilst on loan at a part time club like Ayr, training is in the evening.

Got all day to themselves to get into trouble...probably a good sign he hasn't/didn't.

Wouldn't have thought he'd be travelling from Aberdeen to Ayr every day?

He wouldn't need to, depending on their schedule. I know other youth players continue to train with AFC because the part timers simply can't meet their training requirements. Ollie will prob know better.

• 2 weeks later...

A good sweeper/talker beside him and we'd be set. Personally I liked the wee Swedish boy at Celtic (Svechenkov?) but I see they've sold him today for a £1m.

Bit surprised they let him leave ,always seemed a better player than their current centre halves. Would have loved him playing for us.

If McKenna can improve on his distribution then he'll be looking at playing at a high, high level. Vidic to Devlin's Ferdinand would be good for next season.

Bit surprised they let him leave ,always seemed a better player than their current centre halves. Would have loved him playing for us.

If McKenna can improve on his distribution then he'll be looking at playing at a high, high level. Vidic to Devlin's Ferdinand would be good for next season.

No pressure on either guy next season then after being compared to that two.

I trust all of these cretins were immediately killed? Can't stand shite chat from ignorant "fans". Opinions are one thing, but outright biased guff is another. Ah well, fuck 'em, they're just wrong.

Example: mate of mine is a gooner, he has a weird irrational hatred of Swiss right back Litchsteiner and fails to recognise that the guy is a class player. Said mate was at ours watching Euro games 2 years ago and went bizarrely loopy every time Litchsteiner got near the ball.

Absolutely pissed myself when Arsenal signed him.

The boy is one of the best.

Every set piece he's a threat

He can stroll out of defence and pick a pass

Rarely makes aboo boo

Mcliesh knows a defender and a player, so no accident he was captain. That game against Hungary we would've lost that a year ago.

Now the defence looks good scotland needs a goal scorer, rapido.

If he was worth 2m+ at the end of the season McLeish has probably added that again onto his value over the last 2 weeks.

He's going to be a real test of how good we are at negotiating if a half decent club with some money in their pooch comes in for him.

Could set us up for years.

If clubs are sniffing about him I would love for the club to come out with something along the lines of its gonna take silly money to prise him away from us.A statement of intent that hes going nowhere on the cheap.

If clubs are sniffing about him I would love for the club to come out with something along the lines of its gonna take silly money to prise him away from us.A statement of intent that hes going nowhere on the cheap.

Surely the club saying McKenna will not be sold is better.

Not really.

We're not Man U etc. When a good bid comes in for a player we have to consider it and if its good enough, accept it.

Taking youngsters through, giving them experience and selling them to idiots with money in Englandshire is what we should be about. Its probably the best way to be able to get enough funds in the seriously challenge every season.

Not really.

We're not Man U etc. When a good bid comes in for a player we have to consider it and if its good enough, accept it.

Taking youngsters through, giving them experience and selling them to idiots with money in Englandshire is what we should be about. Its probably the best way to be able to get enough funds in the seriously challenge every season.

McInnes has acknowledged (or at least hinted) he will be sold in future. But not until he has played 150 games or so with us. Therefore we wont be pandering to derisory offers this summer.

I know what youre saying but its unrealistic?

Those clubs with money in Englandshire know for a fact that outwith the cheeks,especially the Tims,the other SPFL clubs cant turn down a decent amount.

By stating we wont accept daft low offers it could start a bidding war at some point with clubs starting off with a decent amount knowing we wont be bent over for a pittance.

He continues his meteoric rise next season and well smash our transfer record by some margin.