Aberdeen 0 - 2 Motherwell

Tansey was terrible also we have O Connor in midfield who's as poor a player as I've seen either centre back or midfield but escapes criticism for some reason,I thought things bound to improve after the rat left but no we play a useless cunt that can't run as well as McLean who wouldn't look out of place on top of the Xmas tree.Dreading games against hun as this team have no passion or fight but even less ability.pishing the bed big time for very good reason!sick of watching Considine O Conner and Rooney trying to run around Pittodrie.

• Downvote 1

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it does look like we could've done with signing at least 1 or 2 in form players with careers on the up, rather than signing a bunch of guys who are either out of form or coming back from long term injury.

Worrying lack of pace and fight about the team. Actually, also seem to lack players who can consistently make 5 yard passes to a team mate!

Was always going to be difficult to replace so many first team players leaving in the summer. Our results and second place in the table have papered over the cracks of some pretty insipid performances so far. I guess we are seeing just how fortunate McInnes was to have had both Hayes and McGinn at his disposal the past 4 seasons - today's match was the first time during his reign that I felt we never even came close to scoring at Pittodrie.

This. Major boot up the arse required or our future isn't looking too bright.

Unfortunately the lack of centre mids and the fact we don't have an idea of the best starting 11 means we can continue to expect shite results like this.

O'Connor in midfield is never going to produce a team that can at least semi threaten Celtic.

McLean js been generally shite all season and that was another lacklustre display.

Tansey just back from injury and at best an ok squad player.

GMS has been disappointing and hate to say it but Hayes / McGinn could make a crap performance like that into an ok one with a good individual performance - only Christie can do that now.

It feels like McInnes has run out of steam with this team and his recruitment for this season hasn't really worked.

He may well go back to the dark side.

A knee jerk reaction- but Huns can have him if we get 1.5 compo up front- time for some new ideas...

Didnt learn from Motherwell cup game - reverted to league cup final shite vs Celtic and still cant beat Hamilton away. Is a 2-2 draw our best league result there since McInnes has been in charge?

On the other hand - we are ok after league results helped us out and I dont trust Milne - so hopefully its an off day....

Please Del get us winnning again - drop Kenny who is off anyway. Get May off taking corners as well......

Two thoughts;

1. I wonder how much the new stadium moving out into the distance is having on the team.

Showing the players the promotional video and then telling them: play us into this place then you can play in this place must have been used at some point as a motivational device [no evidence just my thoughts]

For that to again be on the back burner must be affa disappointing for the players.

2. People slagging Consadine for his appearance record: he's shown loyalty in the modern game where that's in short supply. Maybe no one else wants/wanted to come in for him but regardless he has been loyal. Anderson could've had more appearances for us had he not left. Some on here seem to be overlooking that fact.

• Downvote 2

Where did motherwell get Bowman from? He could make GMS wilt just by looking at him.

Tansey doesn't have the chutzpah to play for a big team.

Ayr or some shit. My old man is related to the tadger in some morbid way. Least the cunts got a bit of fight about him. Hes nae Stranraer though.

Firstly I will apologise for the length of the following post but I don't post often and will DMY...

Absolutely terrible performance and we didn't look close to scoring for the entirety of the game. Motherwell were better in every single department of overall play and look a far better team over our three games with them. The shape of their team and personnel was spot-on and it made them incredibly difficult for us to play against. If Derek had any tactical nous, which he most definitely doesn't, he could have at least made it more competitive, regardless of us still getting beaten due to having the wrong players involved.

I've said since the Sunderland interest that whilst I obviously didn't want Deek to leave at that time, I wouldn't be overly concerned if he did.

To put it in perspective, he has made us a professional team and brought us to the level we should really have been at. Everyone is appreciative we fluked it in employing such a professional, motivated and articulate manager, but really he has taken us to where we should have been. But this is all he can do for us. I absolutely love his professionalism (again, should be a given)) and everything else that comes with McInnes, but when it comes down to it, what we are seeing on the pitch hasn't been great all season. His inability to get anything even remotely good out of his own recruits or affect a game through a substitution or tweaking of our tactics will not suddenly change.

It has been a long-term theme of his and he unfortunately cannot read a game of football. It is his only failing and the most important one. I'm going to go out and say we need a change and should expect better by this stage. We are second in the league and fuck knows how, but it papers over the very many cracks on the field. This is truly his team after four years and the majority of his recruitments, particularly recent ones, have not performed, when on paper they have better ability than most of the teams in the league. He doesn't have any plan of how to play, never a successful plan B, he can't get the best out of people, often does not know where best to position his players, resulting in disjointed shite.

Logan has been dire all of this season.

Considine is simply not up to it at left-back anymore.

McKenna and Arnason are absolutely fine but going forward, who do we have to replace or rotate with Arnason next season?

GMS isn't up to it and I never bought the hype at United. Very ineffective, probably as a man too I suspect.

Christie was head and shoulders above everyone. Wether or not he had a good game today is irrelevant, I happen to think he was good, constantly asking for it, trying to make things happen, a bit of bite, trying to pick the team up. He isn't even our own player and showed more balls. Again, how do we replace him going forward? Who's coming in?

McLean - irrelevant at this point, why play the cunt? He is shite, doesn't want to be with us next year, so why play him? Who's ready to replace him? How shite will he need to play to be dropped? What will Frank Ross need to do to get a game - he seems to be doing a sterling job for the U20s.

O'Connor... Honestly past caring about this loser.

Tansey - one of the worst performances I've seen in Deek's four years. Clearly not good enough. Even pre-injury he didn't look up to much. Famed for his delivery but it's been consistently shite, too. Stuttery player, doesn't rate a first time pass.

Rooney - it's easy to throw the header thing at him, but whilst he is getting zero service which is obviously not his fault and we are not playing to his strengths, the fact is that he simply does not look like he wants to win a header as he knows he isn't even capable. But whatever, he isn't a problem as such.

So if we include Joe Lewis and Rooney, that is five of his own players that actually did okay. One of them plays for Celtic, Arnason played for us previously and was an obvious signing, McKenna was almost stumbled upon by chance. Leaving Joe Lewis and Rooney, his two great signings. He's been hit and miss in the transfer market, but to his credit, releases those who are clearly not good enough. But we can't have this approach every year - he has been given some money to spend and shopped in what we thought was a higher quality pool and on paper it seemed decent enough. But the reality is he's brought in a Motley Crew of misfits who he doesn't seem to have a clue how to employ in games.

Why did we bring in Greg Stewart and agree to pay a proportion of his significant wages to leave him on the bench and seemingly still not know how to use him?

Why did we bring Dom Ball in at all?

The only way I see McInnes getting the best out of this lot is by favouring the shape Motherwell used today. It's high time he recognised that Scott Wright, Scott McKenna, Shinnie and Lewis are the players on which to build the team around and to have a plan of how to actually play at least if he can't get the subs and tweaks bit right. His general plan needs to involve looking beyond this season and bedding in youths to replace the likes of Christie, Rooney and Arnason. It's surely time we start seeing Harvie at left back whenever Shinnie is deployed in midfield. We need to see more Frank Ross and less Kenny McLean.

As for Motherwell, even at 2-0 up their manager was barking orders and their players were shouting instructions to one another. Our players don't seem to even be on the same wavelength, McLean and Logan seem like strangers to one another.

Their centre back Kipre won't be playing for Motherwell for a very long time and the bow-legged Moult should bypass the shitey English Championship and wait 'til a Premiership club come calling. The extra time dominating defenders in this league will do his confidence no harm and he will be more than good enough for a team down there.

All in all, a heap of shite.

But this rant regarding McInnes has been a long time coming. I'd regrettably prefer if we moved on from him and employed a sensible option. But we wouldn't. So we soldier on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

To put it in perspective, he has made us a professional team and brought us to the level we should really have been at. Everyone is appreciative we fluked it in employing such a professional, motivated and articulate manager, but really he has taken us to where we should have been. But this is all he can do for us. I absolutely love his professionalism (again, should be a given)) and everything else that comes with McInnes, but when it comes down to it, what we are seeing on the pitch hasn't been great all season. His inability to get anything even remotely good out of his own recruits or affect a game through a substitution or tweaking of our tactics will not suddenly change.

I think that you made a lot of good points except for these two: thinking about where we 'should' be is just emotional thought. Italy should be at the world cup - thing is they didn't win enough games so they aren't. Should doesn't come into it in professional sport.

About the second point highlighted, I think we did fluke it by getting McInnes, but at the same time he got luck with us - there was nothing at his time with Bristol City that would endear him to many chairmen. That being said, I don't have much faith in our board to make another decent appointment based on recent history and that is another reason why I think he should stay.

Two thoughts;

1. I wonder how much the new stadium moving out into the distance is having on the team.

Showing the players the promotional video and then telling them: play us into this place then you can play in this place must have been used at some point as a motivational device [no evidence just my thoughts]

For that to again be on the back burner must be affa disappointing for the players.

2. People slagging Consadine for his appearance record: he's shown loyalty in the modern game where that's in short supply. Maybe no one else wants/wanted to come in for him but regardless he has been loyal. Anderson could've had more appearances for us had he not left. Some on here seem to be overlooking that fact.

A fuckin dogs loyal doesn't mean he's good at football,no cunt in the right mind would sign him hes always been our weakest link in all the time he's been LUCKY enough to be at the club.terrible player!Loyal fuck sake who would want that cunt

Considine is undoubtedly pish however logan has also been poor this season. I've no doubt that their declining performances are a direct result of not having mcginn and Hayes in front of them. We were extremely lucky to have both of those on the wings. Neither have been even nearly replaced and it has affected everything about our team.

Hayes pace alone used to scare teams into sitting deaper. Mcginn had a fantastic first touch, rarely lost the ball whenever he had it, more often than not would beat a full back and get a cross in. More than those things though they both worked very hard tracking back and covering their full backs. GMS and Greg Stewart don't have any of that. GMS has pace but he's ineffective so defences don't need to drop off him, greg Stewart just has nothing about him. When has he ever beaten a full back and made a telling contribution? Neither of them are particularly good at tracking back, stewarts pathetic attempt at a tackle away in Cyprus was the first evidence that he isn't up to it defensively.

Having no decent wingers has put our defence under more pressure, reduced the service to Rooney (and he isn't much use without service) amd left our midfield under more pressure with less space.

Only scott wtight seems to me to be capable of filling some of the void left on the wings, in an attacking sense anyway. If mcginn could be persuaded to return in January then having him and wright on the wings would be a massive upgrade on gms and Stewart.

• Upvote 1

Being saying for a while that Mcinnes is tactically inept he struggles to change things during a game when it is not going our way and he has no plan B period, Doc said after the game that they were thrown by Wells formation, well that is because the Well manager obviously has a bit of tactical know how and had thought about it and trained to a formation that would rattle us because surprisingly that is his job, all Mcinnes did was change to a back 3 that was pretty shambolic. Maclean should be no where near the team hopefully we get rid in January to the Huns as he is the level of player that will keep them below us. Ross needs to be given a chance as does Harvie but can't see it happening as another failing of Mcinnes is not giving youth a chance. Seen Ross this season in the 20s and he looks very good as does Harvie and also Dean Campbell although very young looks a very good prospect and he couldn't do any worse than Tansey and Maclean Yesterday, I suspect Mcinnes will revert to Shinnie in midfield and probably bring Reynolds back in at Killie because that is what he does

I think that you made a lot of good points except for these two: thinking about where we 'should' be is just emotional thought. Italy should be at the world cup - thing is they didn't win enough games so they aren't. Should doesn't come into it in professional sport.

About the second point highlighted, I think we did fluke it by getting McInnes, but at the same time he got luck with us - there was nothing at his time with Bristol City that would endear him to many chairmen. That being said, I don't have much faith in our board to make another decent appointment based on recent history and that is another reason why I think he should stay.

Agree with both points.

The players let the manager down yesterday, atrocious performances all over the pitch. The new signings all looked brilliant on paper yet just arent doing it. People were saying it was one of the best transfer windows in years, which it looked to be.

It was only our second league defeat yet predictably people are right on the managers back, end of the world etc.

Being saying for a while that Mcinnes is tactically inept he struggles to change things during a game when it is not going our way and he has no plan B period, Doc said after the game that they were thrown by Wells formation, well that is because the Well manager obviously has a bit of tactical know how and had thought about it and trained to a formation that would rattle us because surprisingly that is his job, all Mcinnes did was change to a back 3 that was pretty shambolic. Maclean should be no where near the team hopefully we get rid in January to the Huns as he is the level of player that will keep them below us. Ross needs to be given a chance as does Harvie but can't see it happening as another failing of Mcinnes is not giving youth a chance. Seen Ross this season in the 20s and he looks very good as does Harvie and also Dean Campbell although very young looks a very good prospect and he couldn't do any worse than Tansey and Maclean Yesterday, I suspect Mcinnes will revert to Shinnie in midfield and probably bring Reynolds back in at Killie because that is what he does

Wright and McKenna especially are getting plenty chances so your argument doesnt really stack up.

Wright and McKenna especially are getting plenty chances so your argument doesnt really stack up.

McKenna purely by accident due to his usual favourites being utter pish against Well he was no where near the team before that he even brought in Ball in a panic. Wright should be playing every week he is way better than GMS and Stewart

I watched OConnor for the first goal. Before the free kick was taken he suddenly sprinted back about ten yards towards Moult, he was facing Moult as the ball was kicked, turned round and watched the ball sail over his head and onto Moults head. Dreadful play. McInnes obviously doesnt trust him to play centre half, I dont think I trust him to play anywhere.

I watched OConnor for the first goal. Before the free kick was taken he suddenly sprinted back about ten yards towards Moult, he was facing Moult as the ball was kicked, turned round and watched the ball sail over his head and onto Moults head. Dreadful play. McInnes obviously doesnt trust him to play centre half, I dont think I trust him to play anywhere.

Ive never been a fan of OConnor. Hopeless.