Chidiebere Nwakali

"Abadeen is quite close to the UK, that is good"

Haha love this guy already

I will stick my neck out, he is going to be a stand out

Celtic apparently tried to get him on loan 2 seasons ago

Indeed he did and his tweet was ‘I not want to go to Glasgow, it’s near the UK but it’s a shithole’

• Upvote 2
Guest the shepherd

Surely a rubber stamper like. Whats one more Nigerian in Aberdeen?

You'd have thought we'd have waited until he'd been given a work permit before announcing his signing

I remember a similar scenario back in about 2005 when Dundee United tried to obtain a work permit extension for Jason Scotland in order to grant him a contract extension only for the application for an extension to be thrown out by the Foreign Office. Within a matter of days St. Johnstone miraculously had obtained one in order to sign Jason Scotland from United. Fuck knows how what the bona fide legitimate qualifying criteria is to get one and/or an extension to an existing one but I found that one quite funny :happy: . If Aberdeen can't get one for the boy Nwakali, that'll be then Manchester City's problem. End of. Unfortunately the boy will end up in football oblivion just like Javan Vidal, Paul Marshall, Leon MIke et al whether he has talent or not, if he does not move on permanently from them.

I remember a similar scenario back in about 2005 when Dundee United tried to obtain a work permit extension for Jason Scotland in order to grant him a contract extension only for the application for an extension to be thrown out by the Foreign Office. Within a matter of days St. Johnstone miraculously had obtained one in order to sign Jason Scotland from United. Fuck knows how what the bona fide legitimate qualifying criteria is to get one and/or an extension to an existing one but I found that one quite funny :happy: . If Aberdeen can't get one for the boy Nwakali, that'll be then Manchester City's problem. End of. Unfortunately the boy will end up in football oblivion just like Javan Vidal, Paul Marshall, Leon MIke et al whether he has talent or not, if he does not move on permanently from them.

Was that not a case of him dropping down a division at St Johnstone and being guaranteed a game every week?

Guest the shepherd

Was that not a case of him dropping down a division at St Johnstone and being guaranteed a game every week?

Aye I think you are spot on there. They were in the old Division One at the time which may have helped them gain a work permit for Jason Scotland, by guaranteeing him a game more or less every week. I may be wrong but I think one of the basics in gaining one or an extension is to have played at least 75% of games for their parent club (or will be guaranteed to play 75% of games, barring unforeseen circumstances, if joining a new club). May be wrong but I think that's the jist of it,.

Guest milne_afc

Just had a look at the chap's credentials on wiki.

I'd be amazed if a work permit is granted. Very suspect loan history - possibly(probably) part of a human trafficking racket.

To be honest I would rather have a decent loan signing short term than be stuck with a poor permanent signing

Correct. Stevie May is on a 4 year deal FFS.

I'll reserve judgement until he's played 5 games.

Fuck that

AFC Chat will have delivered its verdict long before then... probably after the first 45 mins of play.

Correct. Folk with the same gift for knowing football as I do can spot a player pretty quickly.

@Boofon should know the answer to this..

:hysterical: