New Stadium Approved

Still motoring on with the groundworks when I drove past earlier.

Obviously not overly concerned about the review.

Just hope nothing is found to hold this up now its started. We all know the WANKS are doing this out of NIMBYism, but with AFC theres always that nagging doubt that well fuck something up.

Where exactly are the bodies buried?

Pittodrie was properly rocking at times on Thursday.

One one hand, you think if you put that crowd in a fully enclosed stadium designed to enhance the atmosphere, then it would have been sensational.

But on the other, I did think one thing that helped that atmosphere last night was the quirky way Pittodrie is designed with the two big stands and two small ones. There's something special about looking down from the top of the RDU at a packed South Stand - a big stand hovering over the pitch right on top of the action. It's one thing they'll never manage to recreate at Kingsford with the current design.

I'm still in favour of a new stadium, but moving towards a different design, one that tries as much as possible to recreate the South Stand. Instead of all four stands being the same height, make one side smaller in return for the opposite end being much bigger.

Best modern example I can think of is Debrecen's Nagyerdei Stadion in Hungary. 20,340 capacity, only four years old, cost £35.6m. That, but a bit of a steeper gradient, would be superb.

stadionlatvanyest.jpg

logo_thumb3.jpg

12_olah.jpg?1403098370

• Upvote 2

Pittodrie has had it's day, of that there is absolutely no doubt, but i did leave on thursday night wondering if the new place would be able to recreate such an atmosphere. I suspect not.

It feels a bit special when the old place is full like it was on thursday.

To read some of the Barnsley fan comments about the stadium and it's locale was nice, the graveyard, the haar rolling in, the view of the sun setting etc. I doubt we'll have such comments about the new place. Which is a shame.

Pittodrie has had it's day, of that there is absolutely no doubt, but i did leave on thursday night wondering if the new place would be able to recreate such an atmosphere. I suspect not.

It feels a bit special when the old place is full like it was on thursday.

To read some of the Barnsley fan comments about the stadium and it's locale was nice, the graveyard, the haar rolling in, the view of the sun setting etc. I doubt we'll have such comments about the new place. Which is a shame.

Was it just the novelty that appealed to them though?