New Stadium Approved

Pissing and shitting in people's gardens is actually good for the plants and flowers that grow there but sadly against the law. You would think that with our present drive for eco friendliness they would have a look at present legislation.

Yep, should be encouraged like recycling. Could have billboards showing celebrities curling one out in a rock garden or on a bowling green.

• Upvote 1

How does it work with season tickets?

IF there were 20k applications would they accept them all?

IF this is due to be built by season 21/22, my wee boy will be 4 So maybe of age to start my tradition!

Exciting

I think we will have record season ticket sales for the first season the stadium is open (unless we are back to Mark McGhee manager era level of shite by then). But it won't be anything like 20k.

I do think the stadium will sell out most of the first season until the novelty wears off then we will go back to our normal historical crowds.

I think we will have record season ticket sales for the first season the stadium is open (unless we are back to Mark McGhee manager era level of shite by then). But it won't be anything like 20k.

I do think the stadium will sell out most of the first season until the novelty wears off then we will go back to our normal historical crowds.

I don't even think it will sell out consistently in the first season.  First few games maybe, but after that the apathy will set back in and we'll be back to the 14Kish crowds we have just now.  Aberdeen just isn't a football city.

Pissing and shitting in people's gardens is actually good for the plants and flowers that grow there but sadly against the law. You would think that with our present drive for eco friendliness they would have a look at present legislation.

Apparently, supporters will be encouraged to carry black bags for personal use which can either be deposited in dog bins or taken home. Nae doubt an irresponsible minority will just leave the bags by the roadside or throw them at the Sevco bus.

I don't even think it will sell out consistently in the first season. First few games maybe, but after that the apathy will set back in and we'll be back to the 14Kish crowds we have just now. Aberdeen just isn't a football city.

I think it will. A lot of fair weather fans and the part timers will all want to experience the new stadium a few times in the first season I'd say. The 30k part time fans at Parkhead (plus the 9k that were on the waiting list but didn't get a ticket due to the seats above Caley fans not being released) will all want to come along and experience it.

But yes at some point the novelty wears off and we will be likely be back to similar level crowds we have just now. The club will be hoping it's different of course and that crowds are consistently 2k or 3k up on what they are now once it all settles down. Which with a good competitive team on the park playing in a nice new shiny facility probably isn't that unrealistic an expectation.

Yep definitely

If you want a season ticket though, you will get one do you think?

I would imagine the board would put a ceiling on how many they would potentially sell. They will keep probably 2k seats for potential OF fans when they come to town but hopefully when it's other away teams that area can be segregated so Dons fans could use some of the 2k. Existing season ticket holders would I'd imagine get first dibs on season tickets and where they would like to sit.

I think if they could they'd happily sell 15k or 16k season tickets then leave the rest for general sale and away fans. Not sure they would sell that many though but you never know with a new development like this demand might be far bigger than we expect.

I can’t see myself playing every Saturday in 2 or 3 years so I will be getting a season ticket for the first time. I think 15,000+ is definitely a number the club should aim for. The most important thing is to have a quality team on the pitch to keep the fans there for the next season and beyond.

I think it will. A lot of fair weather fans and the part timers will all want to experience the new stadium a few times in the first season I'd say. The 30k part time fans at Parkhead (plus the 9k that were on the waiting list but didn't get a ticket due to the seats above Caley fans not being released) will all want to come along and experience it.

But yes at some point the novelty wears off and we will be likely be back to similar level crowds we have just now. The club will be hoping it's different of course and that crowds are consistently 2k or 3k up on what they are now once it all settles down. Which with a good competitive team on the park playing in a nice new shiny facility probably isn't that unrealistic an expectation.

I think it's fairly unrealistic considering the support we have traditionally had hasn't changed much?

I don't even think it will sell out consistently in the first season. First few games maybe, but after that the apathy will set back in and we'll be back to the 14Kish crowds we have just now. Aberdeen just isn't a football city.

Too many Hun/Tim/Man Utd lovers

Should be filled in on sight.

• Upvote 2

I think it's fairly unrealistic considering the support we have traditionally had hasn't changed much?

You're probably right. But the unknown of a shiny new modern facility might attract new fans for the longer term. I'm sure those that run the club are hoping that our average attendance increases for the long term once the stadium is open. They have mentioned that before.

I would imagine the board would put a ceiling on how many they would potentially sell. They will keep probably 2k seats for potential OF fans when they come to town but hopefully when it's other away teams that area can be segregated so Dons fans could use some of the 2k. Existing season ticket holders would I'd imagine get first dibs on season tickets and where they would like to sit.

I think if they could they'd happily sell 15k or 16k season tickets then leave the rest for general sale and away fans. Not sure they would sell that many though but you never know with a new development like this demand might be far bigger than we expect.

No chance will away teams get 2k tickets if there is demand from Aberdeen fans for season tickets.

No chance will away teams get 2k tickets if there is demand from Aberdeen fans for season tickets.

But there won't be demand for 18k+ season tickets I think we all pretty much know that. Which means that an area of 2k seats will be kept for old firm fans visiting 4 times a season.

I think what the club needs to try to ensure (if it can be done safely of course) is when the so called other big teams like Hibs and Hearts come north with their 1k (at the most) away support that if the demand is there the area can be split so that the other 1k seats go on general sale to Dons fans.

I'm sure that the club said that DNA members would get first choice seat pick.

Millertroll will get 5.

Not much use if he and Mario are driving up to Stonehaven then turning back 20 minutes before kick off to listen to the game on the radio on the way back down the road.

Good father son bonding time though!

I also think that the away section of the crowd will be considerably bigger in most games the first season the stadium is open. We all know that the ugly sisters will sell out but I think far more fans of the other clubs than normal will travel up on their clubs first visit to the new stadium.

But there won't be demand for 18k+ season tickets I think we all pretty much know that. Which means that an area of 2k seats will be kept for old firm fans visiting 4 times a season.

I think what the club needs to try to ensure (if it can be done safely of course) is when the so called other big teams like Hibs and Hearts come north with their 1k (at the most) away support that if the demand is there the area can be split so that the other 1k seats go on general sale to Dons fans.

I don’t think we will sell that many season tickets either but no way should away teams be getting more than 1k tickets. It is not like a few extra away fans would be worth much anyway. The real money will be made from corporate.