Sam Cosgrove

Been reading the Birmingham boards again. Still being arrogant cunts.

Reckon the SPL is at best, EFL1 standard. Aye well you lot will find out all about the standard of EFL1 after you get relegated in May

Anyway, wish big Sam all the best. You gave us an extraordinary 18 months. Pity about the other 18 months but no hard feelings. 

24 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Watched his brum TV interview

"Will miss the European games"

"No idea how he did so well" (genuinely said that)

"Just had my first training session,  it was really high intensity, I haven't had that for a few years "

Fuck does he mean by that

That Mcinnes is a fucking weasel and his training sessions are not of the correct intensity.

• Downvote 1
28 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Been reading the Birmingham boards again. Still being arrogant cunts.

Reckon the SPL is at best, EFL1 standard. Aye well you lot will find out all about the standard of EFL1 after you get relegated in May

Anyway, wish big Sam all the best. You gave us an extraordinary 18 months. Pity about the other 18 months but no hard feelings. 

How many teams here would survive in their Championship do you think? 

Just now, The Gee Man said:

If we are asking questions to DC that should definitely be one? 
what are your comments to the fans in relation to Sams statement about finally getting a high intense training session and why is it not being done at our club??

Great shout ?

I used to think Derek was decent at Lower intensity stuff that then meant we lasted the season (it came up in a discussion why we were so unprepared for euro QRs as I recall).

Latterly we’ve looked less fit than opposition sides, our set piece and basic passing drills appear non existent and we’ve all watched the prematch shooting drill through our fingers.  Bizarrely several have commented it seems to have gotten worse since CP opened.  Added to which our injury list has been crippling.

• Upvote 1

Livi definitely seemed to be playing at a higher intensity, particularly during the second half.  I mentioned at the time that they were working harder in the 2nd 45. 

Whether that was just because they are fitter, or because our players didn't feel like matching the pace who knows, but that gave them a distinct advantage as the game wore on. 

We've had managers in the past who didn't seem to give a fuck about stamina training, Aitken in particular springs to mind, but McInnes' teams have never struck me as being unfit. 

Then again, you hear that coming from Cosgrove, coupled with Livi outworking us, and maybe there are signs... 

26 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

The same ones who took him from nowhere and turned him into a 2m player and that he has previously praised for that.
Seems very odd to me

And turned him into someone new. 

Now three years later on he's got the world at his feet... 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

How many teams here would survive in their Championship do you think? 

Sevco and Celtic wouldn't even be in the Championship (the Celtic of this season might well be in EPL relegation difficulties but any competent manager would take them straight back up)

Ourselves, Hibs and Hearts (even the current Hearts) comfortably mid to top half of it. I'd expect a decent manager to have us challenging for promotion 

Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Killie lower half yo-yoing up and down to EFL1. Possibly St Mirren too, though I think they'd be more EFL1 than Championship. 

Livi...some might say why not them?......I just don't think have the resources to survive in it. Ditto Hamilton and St Johnstone

Of course hypothetically the teams would also have access to the far bigger income streams available than we all do at present so the possibilities for all would be incrementally greater too

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Only at Aberdeen could we sign a player for relatively next to nothing, scores a shitload of goals for us then gets sold for a tidy sum yet some of the fans hate him. 

Still, it’s all McInnes’s fault somehow ?

He downed tools and went on to make a sly comment in his first interview actually against McInnes.