Sam Cosgrove

8 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Young loon

second best id assume is cosgrove then....

who’s 3rd? This will be grim

Second best is Cosgrove, in terms of consistent scoring. Next would probably technically be Scott Vernon. Which is fucking nuts. 

Had a Mackie 10 top in my youth. He used to get stick from the crowd constantly and I wanted to be a contrarian. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Your point being?

edit......it's spelt "Eusebio" btw

My point is that Cosgrove gets pelters for being crap outside the box but those other striker were also crap outside the box, contributing nothing.  Getting rid of him wont solve our lack of goals, he was good inside the box when May was alongside, maybe  Hedges and  Wright will hit it off again and start creating chances, maybe trying McGinn up front would help.  Not 90 minute fit but a smart footballer who can score/create goals. 

(Thanks for the spelling correction)

Falconer was not a better striker than Cosgrove and Joe Harper once went about 4 months without scoring when he was at his peak. (Harper was excellent anywhere, maybe a bit small for centre half)

4 hours ago, Sheepo said:

I can Guarantee you all of Mcdougall, Shearer & Rooney would have scored on Saturday in their prime.

I agree, maybe Cosgrove would have as well given Wrights chances

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Jarvie wasn't underrated. We all knew how good he was. That goal v. Bastards at Hampden when we gave them 5 was awesome.

Just looked that game up on YouTube. Every goal was superb. Jocky Scott’s opener was a classic piece of counter attacking at pace.

But Jarvie’s, as you have said, was awesome. 

Ach. This nostalgia is bittersweet. 

19 minutes ago, We Don't Need Eusabio said:

My point is that Cosgrove gets pelters for being crap outside the box but those other striker were also crap outside the box, contributing nothing.  Getting rid of him wont solve our lack of goals, he was good inside the box when May was alongside, maybe  Hedges and  Wright will hit it off again and start creating chances, maybe trying McGinn up front would help.  Not 90 minute fit but a smart footballer who can score/create goals. 

(Thanks for the spelling correction)

Falconer was not a better striker than Cosgrove and Joe Harper once went about 4 months without scoring when he was at his peak. (Harper was excellent anywhere, maybe a bit small for centre half)

I agree, maybe Cosgrove would have as well given Wrights chances

There's a fair chance Wright won't even be at the club in 2 weeks time.

I agree May and Cosgrove were a good combination but May is gone. McGinn might have worked in the past...but I'm afraid Old Father Time has caught up with him. I predict next season he will be winding down his career in Norn Ireland (I'll predict at either Cliftonville or Coleraine)

Falconer was a far better player that Cosgrove could ever hope to be. Cosgrove is a finisher, nothing else. 

Harper...could control and pass the ball. I still wouldn't have liked to have seen him play anywhere other than centre forward though. Especially in his second spell.

I do agree Cosgrove would have buried at least one of Wtight's chances though...probably both

8 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

Just looked that game up on YouTube. Every goal was superb. Jocky Scott’s opener was a classic piece of counter attacking at pace.

What a hit that was from Jarvie!

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Is he still in Bothwell? 

Always wondered what players like Falconer did/do after their careers ended. Never quite thought of as being heroes or players that were in the team week in, week out. 

They made a living as a footballer and were good players but as they weren't a Nicholas or Shearer did that mean they got less reverence but also less hassle or attention in the city?

Pretty random and bizarre questions here, I know!

39 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

They actually look like they are enjoying it.

Unlike the present lot who look like playing in red is a chore.

5 hours ago, The Buzzard said:

Always wondered what players like Falconer did/do after their careers ended. Never quite thought of as being heroes or players that were in the team week in, week out. 

They made a living as a footballer and were good players but as they weren't a Nicholas or Shearer did that mean they got less reverence but also less hassle or attention in the city?

Pretty random and bizarre questions here, I know!

He can often be seen on top of the south stand during match days

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

To be fair if the current team were horsing the Tribute Act 5-1, I think they’d look like they were enjoying it.

Adidas need to make some sort of version of that Admiral kit. 

Some company have done this retro version. I got it as a Christmas present a couple years ago.

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

There's a fair chance Wright won't even be at the club in 2 weeks time.

I agree May and Cosgrove were a good combination but May is gone. McGinn might have worked in the past...but I'm afraid Old Father Time has caught up with him. I predict next season he will be winding down his career in Norn Ireland (I'll predict at either Cliftonville or Coleraine)

Falconer was a far better player that Cosgrove could ever hope to be. Cosgrove is a finisher, nothing else. 

Harper...could control and pass the ball. I still wouldn't have liked to have seen him play anywhere other than centre forward though. Especially in his second spell.

I do agree Cosgrove would have buried at least one of Wtight's chances though...probably both

You say Cosgrove would have buried these chances but he had a good chance of his own at 2-1 where he tripped over his own feet and missed the ball

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do Admiral still exist? 

Might be worth asking them to do a limited run 

I think they possibly do. I was thinking more in terms of the club not permitting use of the badge for any unofficial garments. In saying that, doesn't seem to stop the outfit that makes the retro kits. Think someone posted a link to them before.