Freddie Woodman

Shame for Rogers but Fitba is business and Mciness obviously does not have faith in him. I also think that he has had a few mistakes in his first 2 games ( Dropped freekick.in the second half of the first game and both goals against county ) Woodman had a good save in the first half where we have seen that type of shot going between the keeper's legs every week in games. Like the wee Nigerian in midfield, I'm happy with the keeper.

Wonder what the actual deal was for bringing Woodman? Was he promised first pick or at least a better chance of getting matches? Or is it a case of fight it out in training, best man wins? Marshall will have had a big input in this so we can’t all solely blame McInnes for whatever happens with the keepers.

Wonder what the actual deal was for bringing Woodman? Was he promised first pick or at least a better chance of getting matches? Or is it a case of fight it out in training, best man wins? Marshall will have had a big input in this so we can’t all solely blame McInnes for whatever happens with the keepers.

Doubt Newcastle would have sent an England youth international up here, to warm our bench for us.

Who says he doesn't have a good attitude or work hard? The Falkirk fans loved him, Peter Houston wanted to sign him permanently, and he turned that down to sign a new deal with Aberdeen.

If Danny Ward felt aggrieved at not being given a chance at Liverpool would the same "he's clearly not done enough" comments be aimed at him when he's had two successful loan spells at Aberdeen and Huddersfield (and didn't do himself any harm on the rare occasion he was picked, same as Rogers I thought in the last two games).

As for "finding a real job". Well in the real world would you be happy with your boss bringing in a new person and promoting them above you?

I'm summising. But I'm not sure all Falkirk fans would have welcomed him back.

Danny Ward obviously hasn't done enough at that level as Liverpool are crying out for a decent keeper. That's not to say I wouldn't love him back at us, but he's obviously not cutting it, at the moment, at that level.

Would I be happy with my boss promoting someone above me? Of course not, but that's not my choice. If he's better than me then my boss should totally.

Finally on attitude...I don't know his real attitude. I do know the instagram/look at me attitude that seems to prevail some young players that don't make it. If he's good enough/great attitude etc I'm sure he'll make it.

Don't be so defensive.

Who says he doesn't have a good attitude or work hard? The Falkirk fans loved him, Peter Houston wanted to sign him permanently, and he turned that down to sign a new deal with Aberdeen.

If Danny Ward felt aggrieved at not being given a chance at Liverpool would the same "he's clearly not done enough" comments be aimed at him when he's had two successful loan spells at Aberdeen and Huddersfield (and didn't do himself any harm on the rare occasion he was picked, same as Rogers I thought in the last two games).

As for "finding a real job". Well in the real world would you be happy with your boss bringing in a new person and promoting them above you?

Sorry I kind of missed my original points tbh.

If he's not made it at us now he never will. So he's the opportunity to work hard and make a career of football or sulk and end up part time like so many others. This was pretty much my original point. You disagree with anything?

If he's not made it at us now he never will. So he's the opportunity to work hard and make a career of football or sulk and end up part time like so many others. This was pretty much my original point. You disagree with anything?

Well he might get kept another couple of years as he’s still young for a keeper, immature attitude could be forgiven for a little while longer, but no improvement then he’d be off. The quotes about him saying it’s taken a while for him to get a first team start shouldn’t be taken too badly, it’s more difficult for a young keeper to force their way in in front of a more experienced keeper. He might be ready in a few years or he might want to be Scott Bain

Well he might get kept another couple of years as hes still young for a keeper, immature attitude could be forgiven for a little while longer, but no improvement then hed be off. The quotes about him saying its taken a while for him to get a first team start shouldnt be taken too badly, its more difficult for a young keeper to force their way in in front of a more experienced keeper. He might be ready in a few years or he might want to be Scott Bain

He might yeah. In my opinion hearing his quotes he doesn't want to/think he should. I could easily be wrong though.

For me keepers seem quite often to move and find a first team spot then develop. If we're rushing to get a loan in as first choice I'd say he's not in plans for next year either.

Looks like he's been cheap cover for Joe tbh.

First & second choice keepers should both be good enough & have the right attitude to be BOTH first or second choice keepers.

If one doesn't have the attitude to accept when the other is called in, then he should find a club that will accept someone with such a shit attitude as their first or only choice keeper.

Rogers may be young & ambitious but he may also not really be that good yet, or may never be.

Yeh, the Danny Ward stuff.

I suppose things may have changed, as McInnes presumably made the statement to Rogers when he signed a new contract with us (March 2016) and then Lewis became available...I don't think anyone could argue that Lewis has been an outstanding signing for us. Interesting insight, guess we will hear more when Rogers leaves in the summer.

probably the thing that changed it was seeing how much Brown and Collin fucked everything up

Yeah, was it January 2016 Ward left? McInnes has spoken about Ward leaving and Rooney getting injured as big regrets. I think the club should have pushed out to sign a couple of big players at that point as cetlic were there for the taking that season.

Lets make sure though son - @@Panda, where is this info from?

From a few folk. It's really not that big a secret.

Rogers was told that at the very least he'd be given the opportunity to fight for the number one jersey when he returned from Falkirk. The Lewis signing was fair enough, but Alexander moved him to third choice and then he got shipped back out to Falkirk. Can't blame the guy for having a bit of a grudge and doubt this week will have gone down well.

I think that is the end for Danny Rogers.His best chance was to win promotion with Falkirk and then be number one choice in a team in the top league.He is never ever going to be first choice at Aberdeen.The signings of Neil Alexander and Joe Lewis was bad enough.Yesterday was the final straw.Freddie Woodman made that good block save from Skondras at 1-0 and kept a clean sheet.His kicking was not the best and his punching the ball was safety first and a little untidy.He caught a corner well later on and obviously fancies himself as a bit of a sweeper keeper,standing at the edge of the box and playing out passes.Aberdeen and Scottish football is now a glorified finishing school for promising young players or a place to get rid of players you don't really need any more.For James Maddison,Aberdeen was a nice spell at his Swiss finishing school and I think for Freddie Woodman it will be the same.

Rogers was promised the number one shirt when he came back from Falkirk the first time, which was key to him signing a new contract.

Instead we signed Joe Lewis and Neil Alexander made him third choice, then sent him back to Falkirk.

Rogers has never quite forgiven him since then and I doubt this weekend will have gone down well.

He was promised nothing.

I was told by an ex pro that a lot of the EPL teams will loan out players with a clause in the contract that states that if the player plays then the EPL team will pay 90% of the wages, if the player doesn't play then the EPL team pays 0% of his wages.

The exception to this is when the player is injured or suspended.

I don't know if this is in Woodmans deal but this could be a reason why he played instead of Rogers.

Guest milne_afc

Youd have to assume if he was only going to be a bench warmer he would have rather warmed Celtics no?

Agree with above. The Rodgers/Lewis thing was an inevitable part of club football. The odd bit (bloody brilliant for the club but I mean from the respective players positions) was taking in Alexander in between them.

Alexander was a better option than Rogers. McInnes was only doing his job.