Lewis Ferguson

However, there are a few oddities... if he's as good as folk are saying, better than McCarthy/McArthur, why has he never been called up at any of the Scotland age group levels?

Doesn't have a double-barrelled surname, and isn't English.

• Upvote 2

Quick google of Accies forum brings up a couple of interesting threads:

http://www.acciesworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1203&sid=78e49455d7486090033dbf897cc63135

http://www.acciesworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1204&sid=78e49455d7486090033dbf897cc63135

No love lost for Derek Ferguson at New Douglas! :hysterical:

He’s played 14 times for the first team, hardly a handful and those Accies fans are obviously

gutted that he’s leaving.

Yeah... it's going to be interesting with this lad. Hopefully he turns out to be brilliant... as an 18 y/o he'll have to be, to start 15-20 games under Derek McInnes.

However, there are a few oddities... if he's as good as folk are saying, better than McCarthy/McArthur, why has he never been called up at any of the Scotland age group levels? Also, again, if he is such a prodigious talent, why has he only played a handful of games for Hamilton... as you say only coming into the team due to Docherty leaving? Also, Docherty was not an attacking midfielder/number 10. He plays much deeper every time I've seen him.

He has been playing for the Scotland Under 19's since last year. & I think you will find that Hamilton will say that that its not unusual for their talented kids to be ignored for international hours hence why McCarthy ended up playing for Ireland and Docherty only got a call up to the under 21s when he started getting talked about for a move due to his good form and possibly playing for the republic too.

Accies fans will probably tell you the reason he hasn't had more games is their manager.

I think the fact he is over 6ft and physically stronger than most 18 year olds will stand him in good stead for getting more starts than a lot of players the same age who can be quite lightweight.

I think he will prove to be a good signing. The only worry for me is that if he does do well for us that his dad will be trying to engineer him a move to a certain other team before long.

I think he will prove to be a good signing. The only worry for me is that if he does do well for us that his dad will be trying to engineer him a move to a certain other team before long.

Yeah looking forward to see what he's got next season! From what you say, hopefully he fills the spot vacated by Christie.

However, if he does turn out to be a good player, there will be nothing surer than your second sentence!

When you dance with the devil...

Well it's not promising if your a midfielder in the U20's to see the club sign an 18 year old midfielder who is clearly going to be on the fringes or in the first team.

Tough shit. Play better & get in ahead of him.

It's not "you have to pick the fat kid to play, even if he is shite" its football.

We don't seem to produce that many players. McKenna obviously being the latest of very few.

If we can snap up some on the cheap then fair enough.

My only fear is that McInnes keeps playing him (even if he's playing shit) to justify the signing. Like he did with McLean when he was shite.

Hope he's great but even if he's not then we are only losing out on a small fee. The same as we would have spent had we produced him ourselves.

Yeah looking forward to see what he's got next season! From what you say, hopefully he fills the spot vacated by Christie.

However, if he does turn out to be a good player, there will be nothing surer than your second sentence!

When you dance with the devil...

Hope he offers more than Christie who has been a bitter disappointment

Christie hasn't given much for a while. McLean will be a bigger loss.

We're already missing the Christie of earlier in the season. He was out best player til Christmas.

Not a surprise our struggle to score from open play has coincided with him going off the boil.

What if they are the same person? Have you ever seen a good Ryan Christie and a good Kenny McLean at the same time????

• 2 weeks later...

It'll go to tribunal then. They're only entitled to an amount of money that covers the investment theyve made. Hamilton have not invested 500K into his development.

They'll get 100-200K. Typical weegie minkers wanting something for nothing.

• Upvote 1

It'll go to tribunal then. They're only entitled to an amount of money that covers the investment theyve made. Hamilton have not invested 500K into his development.

They'll get 100-200K. Typical weegie minkers wanting something for nothing.

Happy to let Docherty join the Huns on a "pay nothing for 12 months" type deal but straight to demanding crazy money when it's anyone else signing one of their players.

Hun filth.

• Upvote 10