Terrible news.

Had the pleasure of spending an evening with him at a charity night in aid of NECCT.

True gentleman who had our whole table engrossed with stories from his playing days. the story that stuck in my mind was about how Fergie made them go for a sleep in the afternoon leading up to the final, and how he and Hewitt couldn't sleep for pissing themselves laughing about how two young loons had found themselves in the situation that they were in a hotel room in Sweden trying to sleep, when in a couple of hours they would be playing Real Madrid in a European cup final.

You'll be greatly missed

Rest easy Neale

• Upvote 1

Absolutely savage. Seemed a solid gold guy, and one of the few Gothenburg greats to not tarnish his ties with the club a la Strachan, McLeish, McGhee. Respect to him and much love to to his family.

One of the few not to tarnish his reputation?

What?

If there's ever a thread you don't go looking for an argument. Please let this be it.

You're on my ignore list but I opened this post knowing exactly what you would be looking for

Let it go because this is about a genuine club legend and one of our greatest ever team, not you.

• Upvote 12

Rip tattie

He had a Ford fiesta with his name on it in the 80s

In the days when footballers didn't get baby Bentleys...

As a loon I was surprised he didn't have a nicer motor than my dad, who wasnt a footballer. Strange how your mind works as a kid.

Petition to get a pre season game named in his honour

People move fast on this nonsense