Snp Walk Out Of The House Of Commons!

Old manny

Shouldn’t be free though (for the middle class types)

That’s just mental.

We (well most of us) live in a country where a couple earning £40k each still get full child benefit, over a grand a year for the first child.

Not sure a baby box being free to everyone is that big a deal...

The walk out is the absolute minimum Scottish MPs can do, short of doing nothing at all.

If I'd voted for someone to represent my interests, and that person wasn't being allowed to represent those interests, I'd demand some form of action of that person. A walk out is about 1 on a scale of 1 - 100 in terms of response to having your voice silenced.

On the other hand, Scotland voted to have an English overlord, so there's very little point complaining about it when that English overlord behaves like an English overlord.

If the Scots had had the minimum of bollocks they'd be a Free and Independent country right now, with Brexit something to laugh at the English over.

Instead, you'll do as your fucking told.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The walk out is the absolute minimum Scottish MPs can do, short of doing nothing at all.

If I'd voted for someone to represent my interests, and that person wasn't being allowed to represent those interests, I'd demand some form of action of that person. A walk out is about 1 on a scale of 1 - 100 in terms of response to having your voice silenced.

On the other hand, Scotland voted to have an English overlord, so there's very little point complaining about it when that English overlord behaves like an English overlord.

If the Scots had had the minimum of bollocks they'd be a Free and Independent country right now, with Brexit something to laugh at the English over.

Instead, you'll do as your fucking told.

Rangers fans and old cunts to blame

I would happily pay another £20 a month in tax to improve education, health and infrastructure etc in Scotland.

People that greet that their tax is going to go up 2p a month need to get a grip.

In the last few years I've voted multiple times to raise our taxes.

We still have a public library, community centre, and football pitches, to name a few, because the people round here understand the value of these things to the local community.

We're a blue district, though. Red areas tend to hoard their money, because they're selfish cunts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For wanting a gritbox as close to me as my neighbours who I pay as much in council tax as?

They put one in, so I was obviously right

No for having the attitude that you must have everything that anyone else has. It's an insight in to your mindset. How you view life. You're a self-centred, selfish prick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

THAT'S a tired argument

"Yeah but we spend more on this.."

Let's discuss that in the relevant thread then

I'm talking about this, here

The baby box scheme costs £8.8m per year to administer. For each taxpayer in Scotland (never mind UK) a total of 2.52 million taxpayers so a cost of £3.49 per taxpayer.

The annual expenditure for Scotland is around £12,800 per person - so were talking about 0.03% of the average annual expenditure (even less for a super duper taxpayer like you).

Now, the only thing I cant work out with my calculator here is why are you such a PRICK?

• Upvote 1

For wanting a gritbox as close to me as my neighbours who I pay as much in council tax as?

They put one in, so I was obviously right

You keep going on about you paying more tax than they do south of the border.

Newcastle pays 200 quid a year more than you do in council tax

Manchester pays 100 quid a year more

Liverpool, 300 more

Essex, 800 more

Cardiff, 300 more

Leeds, 300 more

Chelsea, 200 more

In fact the only place I can see in England and Wales that pays the same council tax as you is Portsmouth.

Time you changed the record min.

• Upvote 1

The baby boxes are a disgrace

CHOCK full of stuff way beyond the basic requirement and is ridiculous

Is it REALLY that wrong to think people that can't afford babies shouldn't have them?

And damn right I took one

I paid for them didn't I?

I even called up the helpdesk as something was missing and got it sent out

The fanny pad was supposed to be for the woman

The idea to walk out whether planned or because the Tories are trying to take Scotlands powers away seemed to work

As the whole of social media and the news/papers are talking about it

SNP membership also went up over 5000 and quite a few were from the other parties as well (apart from the selfish fucking scum tory feeders)

https://news.sky.com/story/snp-membership-swells-after-mps-mass-walkout-in-westminster-11404491

The idea to walk out whether planned or because the Tories are trying to take Scotlands powers away seemed to work

As the whole of social media and the news/papers are talking about it

SNP membership also went up over 5000 and quite a few were from the other parties as well (apart from the selfish fucking scum tory feeders)

https://news.sky.com/story/snp-membership-swells-after-mps-mass-walkout-in-westminster-11404491

SNP membership doesn't really matter while a majority of Scots are imbeciles, though.

• Downvote 1

Haha not even going to pretend I know what you're on about

What I DO know is if I am paying more tax here than I would be in England then the powers in power up here aren't for me

So, I'll use them to get independence then drop them instantly

If only more people thought that way tbh.

Most people who wouldn't go for independence bang on about not wanting SNP running the country etc etc.

But personally i'm pretty sure if we became independent then the SNP would be quickly sidelined. And the opportunities for the other parties (free of Westminster political needs) would be quite substantial.

Not sure who I'd vote for at that point but I quite like that you can see yourself voting for full independence then swinging away from the SNP to whatever works for you.