Henry

Nespa

Load of bollocks, he got caught up in the heat of the moment and let his frustrations out in a sort of reserved 'f*cking have it' moment. As soon as the full time whistle went, he went up to Kirkland to immediately offered his apologies, doesn't mention that in that article.

Guest LondonScottish
Henry was quite right! Wigan and especially Kirkland were time wasting for fun.

To be fair though Wigan were mugged. A clear penalty not given and Arsenals opener being offside.

Kirkland was time wasting big-time from around te 55th minute. What Henry did was wrong, but its high-pressure and massive stakes involved; Henry may be a professional, but he's also human. I noticed Henry making a slow bee-line for Kirkland at the final whistle, and assumed it was going to kick off properly. Henry went up to apologise, however, and shake the keepers hand. Takes a bigger man in my eyes to do that, and as was rightly pointed out in the post above, this was not mentioned in the journalists report........ pathetic one-sided piece of writing.

And yes, Wigan were mugged. You had to feel for the whole Wigan team, and management; I've not seen such a smash and grab raid for quite some time. Be a travesty if Wigan are relegated by a couple of points now.

Had Wigan even gained a point on Sunday, there is not a chance Henry would have apologised to Kirkland.

The bottom line is that Henry was wrong to do what he did, but it's just another example of him being a bad "loser"... when things go against him, he spits the dummy. His reaction after the Champions League final was embarrassing for himself and i'm sure Arsenal supporters. Asking what Samuel Eto'o had done in the game - Henry trying to suggest that the hype about Eto'o was unfounded - when Eto'o had scored and Henry hadn't showed someone who is incredibly childish, self obsessed and blinded by his own self importance.

Another point regarding him from Sunday that people seem to have ignored... he blatantly dived in the first half trying to win a penalty. It was an appalling attempt at winning a penalty never mind just an appalling breach of the sporting ethic in football, and he's doing it more and more these days.

I admire Henry's talent, but as a person i find him an odious little c*nt.

thats the reason i dont read the guardian...coz i cant f*ckin read the guardian. i like to think that after years of education that i can string a few sentences together in a "wordy b*st*rd" way...but i will never have the ability to write whatever the hell that guy has.

"coitus interruptus" seriously...how in the name of god do you get that into an article about football?????

relating to the article though, i agree, henry is a c*nt

Henry was quite right! Wigan and especially Kirkland were time wasting for fun.

To be fair though Wigan were mugged. A clear penalty not given and Arsenals opener being offside.

Perhaps if Heskey didn't attempt a somersault it may have been given :dontknow: , for the size of the c*nt he shouldn't be falling under that pressure.

Also for Padre saying Arsenal's first goal being offside, they had a legal one chalked off...even's it out no?

Guest El Padre
Perhaps if Heskey didn't attempt a somersault it may have been given :dontknow: , for the size of the c*nt he shouldn't be falling under that pressure.

Also for Padre saying Arsenal's first goal being offside, they had a legal one chalked off...even's it out no?

shaggy_2005_240x180.jpg

It wasn't me :dontknow:

A foul is a foul. It's absolutely nothing to do with the size of the player being fouled.

Guest CAPSLOCK

AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO ADMIRED HIS HONESTY AFTER THE BARCA GAME?

HE SAID THAT HE NEVER SAW RONALDINHO & ETO THE WHOLE GAME, IT WAS HENRIK LARSSON THAT WON IT FOR THEM. HE PLAYED THE GAME HONESTLY AND TRIED TO STAY ON HIS FEET BUT WASN'T AWARDED FOULS WHEN OTHERS PLAY ACTED THEIR WAY THROUGH THE GAME AND GOT EVERYTHING.

THAT'S PRETTY MUCH HOW I SAW THE GAME. :dontknow:

I'D BE GUTTED HAVING LOST A FINAL IN THAT MANNER AND I KNOW I'D SAY SOMETHING SIMILAR IF NOT WORSE.

HE SAID THAT HE NEVER SAW RONALDINHO & ETO THE WHOLE GAME, IT WAS HENRIK LARSSON THAT WON IT FOR THEM. HE PLAYED THE GAME HONESTLY AND TRIED TO STAY ON HIS FEET BUT WASN'T AWARDED FOULS WHEN OTHERS PLAY ACTED THEIR WAY THROUGH THE GAME AND GOT EVERYTHING.

I'D BE GUTTED HAVING LOST A FINAL IN THAT MANNER AND I KNOW I'D SAY SOMETHING SIMILAR IF NOT WORSE.

He wasn't allowed to criticise because it was Barcelona, they are immune from all criticism.

Yeah, he was spot on.

People in glass houses though.

He put his hand on Heskey's shoulder, he didn't even pull him. Even if Flamini had pulled him wouldn't he have fallen backwards than trying to 360 it?

he's made the most of it, no doubt. But to say "that's not a foul because look at the size of the guy" implies that it's different rules depending on the size of each player. It's either a foul, or it's not. Nothing to do with the size of the players involved.

Did he not see Eto'o stick the ball in the Arsenal net?

Guest LondonScottish

Bang on. He was getting clipped and clattered all game. I would have been devastated losing a once in a lifetime final like that.

Archived