The Mckenna Dilemma

I don't think QPR or Forrest have the financial power to get him in the door. Both clubs have had financial issues in recent seasons and I'm sure had transfer bans due to Financial Fair Play. 

Bristol City clearly have the money to spend but that speculation has arisen because we are interested in their defender. Absolutely nothing concrete coming from them.

The Leicester one for me is a non starter. Just because Brenda liked him at Celtic does not mean he is any way ready to go in to a top ten Premiership club. They have young back up centre backs with bags of potential in Caglar Soyuncu (23 year old Turkish international with 24 caps), Filip Benkovic who we all saw is a good centre half and also Alex Pascanu(Romanian Under 21 International who had a very good Euro's this summer and has attracted interest from a number of premiership clubs). All three are arguably of a higher standard than McKenna. 

Still can't get over him wanting to move to a mid tier championship team and this stage of his career... i could understand Leeds, Fulham etc. who will be at top end looking to get back to the Prem, but not QPR, Forrest and Bristol City - QPR obviously been up in the past 10years but they're dog shit at the moment.

He's still young enough to get that big move to the Premiership after moving down to a Championship side. He's better off going down there and getting game time, whilst earning 5 times his wages, then getting noticed and getting a big money move. Players very seldom go straight from the Premiership to the Premier League unless they are head and shoulders above the rest. And right now, he's not.  Which brings me on to the other reason he might be desperate for a move, his form hasn't been as good of late, therefore he's maybe wanting to maximise his move now before the interest goes.

The Championship is the best league in England tbh. It's not got the glitz that the PL has, but it's competitive, you'll get more time to bed into a side than you would a PL side and it still has some very good players and clubs competing in it.

• Downvote 1

Leicester ok, but as for the others, what a fucking joke.

Your career is going nowhere at any of them.

You say that but the lad Webster had one season at Bristol City and has just moved to the Prem for 20 million. Absolutely no reason to say that your career would be going nowhere going to a club like them. 

Still can't get over him wanting to move to a mid tier championship team and this stage of his career... i could understand Leeds, Fulham etc. who will be at top end looking to get back to the Prem, but not QPR, Forrest and Bristol City - QPR obviously been up in the past 10years but they're dog shit at the moment.

Aye because who would want to do the same job but for 3/4/5 times the money they currently get... Also factor in that like it or not to get the move to the prem he's craving, a good season in the championship would drum up more interest in him than whatever he does with us unless we were to reach the group stages. Unfortunately guffball seems to be the holy grail these days. Personally I think he's been a bit naive and bought into his agents rhetoric, if nothing materialises this window he'll have work to do to get the fans back onside

I don't think QPR or Forrest have the financial power to get him in the door. Both clubs have had financial issues in recent seasons and I'm sure had transfer bans due to Financial Fair Play. 

Bristol City clearly have the money to spend but that speculation has arisen because we are interested in their defender. Absolutely nothing concrete coming from them.

The Leicester one for me is a non starter. Just because Brenda liked him at Celtic does not mean he is any way ready to go in to a top ten Premiership club. They have young back up centre backs with bags of potential in Caglar Soyuncu (23 year old Turkish international with 24 caps), Filip Benkovic who we all saw is a good centre half and also Alex Pascanu(Romanian Under 21 International who had a very good Euro's this summer and has attracted interest from a number of premiership clubs). All three are arguably of a higher standard than McKenna. 

They already had an interest in him before Rodgers went there, it may be something to do with Scotts numbers matching up pretty well with Maguires numbers when they signed him from Hull albeit in a lesser league however Scott has 2 years on him.

I don't see that it is.

A 22 year old powerhouse of a central defender who has already captained his country and can score goals.

Also has good pace.

£10 million is cheap as fuck going by England rates.

He certainly has good pace but a powerhouse?? I'd suggest not. He's a touch over 6ft2....which isn't exactly huge for a central defender these days and got totally ragdolled by Ikpeazu just the other day. Which is a fairly frequent occurrence with McKenna....he doesn't do particularly well against opponents who are a match physically for him. He certainly has room to bulk up a bit but would his pace suffer as a consequence?

£10 million is just a pipedream. I'm certain the Villa offer last year would have been accepted had it been cash up front instead of an initial loan. If we were offered £6million now we should snap it up ( with  20% of any future sale). I fear the club might bite at £4million however, given that they now have an unsettled player on the books

• Downvote 3

He certainly has good pace but a powerhouse?? I'd suggest not. He's a touch over 6ft2....which isn't exactly huge for a central defender these days and got totally ragdolled by Ikpeazu just the other day. Which is a fairly frequent occurrence with McKenna....he doesn't do particularly well against opponents who are a match physically for him. He certainly has room to bulk up a bit but would his pace suffer as a consequence?

£10 million is just a pipedream. I'm certain the Villa offer last year would have been accepted had it been cash up front instead of an initial loan. If we were offered £6million now we should snap it up ( with  20% of any future sale). I fear the club might bite at £4million however, given that they now have an unsettled player on the books

Being a powerhouse can extend to further things than 50/50 physical challenges. He is a powerful defender, pace and physical strength, to suggest anything else is absolute shite.

As for being rag dolled by ikpeazu, did he fuck. That lad is just an awkward fucker with no balance. Nobody can control that stupid hoor.

McKenna is absolute quality all round for a centre back, only thing holding back further development is playing for a team like us.

£10 million easily, we shouldn't sell ourselves short. No other cunt does.

• Upvote 6