The Mckenna Dilemma

Nothing there we didn't already suspect. He, along with the rest of us were almost expecting him to get his big money move in the summer but despite supposed interest, no-one came in with a suitable offer. The club are quite right to hold out and try and maximise any value from our most saleable asset, especially with the Ryan Fraser bonus not materialising and a stadium needing funding. Clearly took the hump about it though and his performances have reflected that. He's even been overshadowed by Considine this season.

If he want's to force a move through in Jan then putting the effort in for club and country might alert those potential suitors again, but I doubt we'll sell for the 8-10m we probably hoped.  

As for the Ferguson thing, clearly asked due the papers audience. Yes there's pressure but that comes with the territory of being one of the brightest young talents in Scottish football, of which there are very few standing out.

I suspect circa 5m and a good sell on clause and he would be down the road. It’s a shame he’s done all this shit as the ball was firmly in our court. Now other clubs will be low balling and hoping to get a reaction to force a move. Hopefully he is a stand out in the next couple Scotland games to help his value a little.

If we receive an offer of 6.5 million (like last season) this coming January I'd hope the club accepts it. If Hoban is fully fit and can remain injury free - he'd be a fantastic replacement. 

I'd be happy to see us spend some money on either Jason Kerr or Stuart Findlay although I don't know if we could afford them. Invest the rest of the fee into the new stadium.

Both Cosgrove and Ferguson will most likely remain for another season or two before heading down south for a decent fee. Again put aside some money for new signings and put the rest into the new stadium.

If we receive an offer of 6.5 million (like last season) this coming January I'd hope the club accepts it. If Hoban is fully fit and can remain injury free - he'd be a fantastic replacement. 

I'd be happy to see us spend some money on either Jason Kerr or Stuart Findlay although I don't know if we could afford them. Invest the rest of the fee into the new stadium.

Both Cosgrove and Ferguson will most likely remain for another season or two before heading down south for a decent fee. Again put aside some money for new signings and put the rest into the new stadium.

Jason Kerr has been fucking rank this year. No thanks.

What a bunch of greetin faced wumin lol

he’s been told he’d get his big move after we knocked back Villa, he’s taken that in & built himself up towards that end.

then the club refuse a couple more offers, of course he’s gonna feel down & deflated & frustrated.

fk all wrong in what he said about Ferguson either.

bunch o whining sour faced bunched up knicker Santa’s naughty list beauts lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

What a bunch of greetin faced wumin lol

he’s been told he’d get his big move after we knocked back Villa, he’s taken that in & built himself up towards that end.

then the club refuse a couple more offers, of course he’s gonna feel down & deflated & frustrated.

fk all wrong in what he said about Ferguson either.

bunch o whining sour faced bunched up knicker Santa’s naughty list beauts lol

Of course you have that opinion. Being contrary to still appear relevant on this forum.

Fucking ponce.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Of course you have that opinion. Being contrary to still appear relevant on this forum.

Fucking ponce.

No, just because I do not tend to agree with a bunch of drones loving to get along & rejoice in the same opinions does not mean I am deliberately trying to be controversial or unique.

it just means I see things my way & think for myself.

Fanny rag

• Downvote 1

Had a great season last season and evidently did put himself in the shop window. This season he hasn't emulated last seasons form. Whether that's because it's been marred by injury or his nose is out of joint about not getting the move I don't know. Either way, he's made it crystal clear that he does want away. That's fine, but if he's to play then he's to play to the standard of last season until a suitable bid comes in for him. If not, then drop him. But I have to give him some credit with regards to his honesty. Rather that than players who are coming to the end of their contract (I know he isn't) and keep spurting out the inconclusive "I'm just focusing on my football for now" and "We'll see what happens" shite.

• Upvote 1

I've no time for "want away" pish.

If you didn't want to be at Aberdeen FC why sign the contract?

Could it be he signed it with certain assurances being made? Could he have signed it in good faith to make sure Aberdeen got a good fee for him and/or to show he had no intention of leaving for nothing but was told when a decent offer came in for him, he'd be allowed to speak to that club?

I don't know if something like that actually happened but just saying it's perhaps not as straight forward as he signed a contract so that's the end of it.

But then what is the problem.

If he signed a contract on the premise that if someone comes in with 5 million or whatever , then if someone comes in with 5 million fair enough.

He is contracted to the club and there may be a clause but he needs to shut the fuck up and get on with his job for the time being.

• Upvote 2

If he signed a contract on the premise that if someone comes in with 5 million or whatever , then if someone comes in with 5 million fair enough.

He is contracted to the club and there may be a clause but he needs to shut the fuck up and get on with his job for the time being.

Agree he sounds like the Scotland call ups has gone to his head, and some of the underperforming super so called stars have been filling his head with the big bucks he can earn down where they have migrated to. McKenna your in a Scotland team that's been an embarrassment for a long time your not a super star you play for Aberdeen where there's been a few underperforming performances over the last few months so stop mouthing off and get on with the job at hand start performing for Aberdeen and shut up.
  • Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

Correctamundo Fridgio.

BOOM

I've no doubt he was given some sort of assurance, written or otherwise, that if we received an acceptable bid(s) then he would be allowed to speak to the club(s) concerned.

But signing his contract extension is a 2-way agreement. There's no doubt that the  2 extensions he signed in a matter of 6 months or so bumped him up from being one of the lowest paid first team squad members to one of the highest. As it rightly should have done with him being a Scotland cap (and now a first pick cap). Putting in the transfer request a year down the line was disrespectful to the club although I've no doubt his agent was agitating behind the scenes for him to do it. Is McKenna naïve or just plain thick?

Right now I can't see us getting a higher offer than the Villa one, albeit they wanted him essentially on a 6 month free trial initially. His form hasn't been terrible but he's not at the level he was at a year ago for sure. But there's no doubt his heart isn't in it any more. I expect QPR to come back with an offer in January. If we can get them to £4millon plus a decent sell-on fee then I think it would be in everyone's interest to let him go. But for the time being have him told to shut the fuck up and concentrate on playing.